It lights up everything in a cool white glow. :hai:

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Psh, a white full moon?

The giant red/orange ones are the best :D
  • BlackOpsNinjaBlackOpsNinja Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    If you're ever gonna do shrooms, in mid-spring with a full moon, you can not have more fun.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    I approve of this thread.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to take a pic of the moon and post it here.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    It's not full here anymore somehow.
    edited August 2010
    Here's the pic. I used a 300mm lens. It's a tad blurry, I could've probably done better with a longer shutter and higher aperture, but fuck it.

Now, SHOOP IT!
    OdCUQ.png
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited August 2010
    If you're ever gonna do shrooms, in mid-spring with a full moon, you can not have more fun.

haha don't get me started with psychs and a full moon.

I think I can have more fun though. Second time on acid, had 3 mega storms converge under a full moon in the middle of summer while I was out at a bush doof...
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I was walking back from my mates the other night and this was the moon. T'was gorgeous :)

img00459201008242016.jpg

mightybooshmoon.jpg
    edited August 2010
    The mighty boosh FTW.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I too love the full moon. Seeing any other celestial body so huge in the sky is amazing. I can't wait to see the planets bigger. I really want a telescope.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    heh, theres close to a full moon at the moment. i just went down into the backyard to stare at the moon with my binos. pretty interesting sight, actually.

and now my neck hurts
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    I get kinda excitable around a full moon, well more like erratic. It's great :D
    edited August 2010
    wikipedia wrote:
    The Moon is Earth's only natural satellite and is the fifth largest satellite in the Solar System. It is the largest natural satellite in the Solar System relative to the size of its planet, a quarter the diameter of Earth and 1/81 its mass, and is the second densest satellite after Io. It is in synchronous rotation with Earth, always showing the same face; the near side is marked with dark volcanic maria among the bright ancient crustal highlands and prominent impact craters. It is the brightest object in the sky after the Sun, although its surface is actually very dark, with a similar reflectance to coal. Its prominence in the sky and its regular cycle of phases have since ancient times made the Moon an important cultural influence on language, the calendar, art and mythology. The Moon's gravitational influence produces the ocean tides and the minute lengthening of the day. The Moon's current orbital distance, about thirty times the diameter of the Earth, causes it to be the same size in the sky as the Sun—allowing the Moon to cover the Sun precisely in total solar eclipses.

I did not know that. :confused:
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't. >_<

Every night right when I'm trying to fall asleep, whether the moon is mostly full or completely full, it shines right in my face like the flashlight of some asshole cop picking on a stoner. I would just close the blinds, but I like the fresh air.....
    edited August 2010
    but i don't really see the appeal in looking at it for it's beauty.

That depends on what kind of full moon you're talking about, amirite?
    :p
    edited August 2010
    The moon is moving an inch away from us a year.

4 billion years ago, the moon was 4 billion inches closer, and tides were hundreds of feet tall. It looked like this.

early%20bombardment-earth_aguilar_small.jpg

Shit.
    edited August 2010
    The moon is moving an inch away from us a year.

I never understood this, I always thought the moon would be moving closer each year, but that was before I learned a bit more about gravity. But still, why would it be moving further away? Is it because it's being pulled more by the Sun so it resits Earth's pull a little bit as it rotates? But since it's orbiting that means it would lose some momentum as it travels away from the Sun.....

Damn it, I hate gravity. >_<
    edited August 2010
    Because of it's drag on the oceans, it's stealing momentum from the earth. 4 billion years ago, a day was about 15 hours long. The moon is slowing down the earth and absorbing that energy.

Since it is getting faster it progressively inches away from earth. Our days get longer. Eventually the moon will reach escape velocity and fly out into space. Then the earth starts to wobble and seasons and ocean currents get all fucked up and the biosphere will collapse.

But we have to worry about our atmosphere being blown away by the sun first. Current estimates point toward it being gone by 1 billion years.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2010
    the full moon goes hard, isnt it also when the most crime happens?
    edited August 2010
    Oddly enough, yes.
    edited August 2010
    I'm not worried about the moon escaping orbit or the sun blowing up. These things will happen but not in my lifetime. Not even in my great great granchildrens' lifetimes. I tend to think more on solar flares and gamma ray bursts or us being stupid and creating a black hole.
    edited August 2010
    Gamma ray bursts scare the fuck out of me. I was thinking about them while eating lunch today for some reason.
  • ScoobyScooby Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I never realize there were such jagged edges in pics of the moon before... I wonder how tall those mountains would be on the surface. x.x I wanna go moon hiking!
    edited August 2010
    That would be fun, but it's 210*F in the sun and -200*F in the shadows. Not to mention the complete lack of an atmosphere.
    edited August 2010
    Go go gadget thermal space suit!
    edited September 2010
    OOOHHH it's back. I took a better picture this time. For some reason it's actually reddish where I am, however the chromatic aberration is still there. (what do ya want for a $300 lens?)

Shoop it!

WREww.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I finger myself on the moon.

gemini.png?w=a29c2cbf
    edited September 2010
    I finger myself under the moon.
  • edited September 2010
    I finger the moon under myself.
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited September 2010
    I moon the myself finger under?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Stop fingering lol.

Back on topic. I never really thought about Moon leaving us or Sun screwing or even Aliens. I guess I would be killed before any of that happens. Note the kill part. I don't believe in 15 years or more I would die of a natural death. If life goes on at this current pace, I am sure a lot can go wrong.

Like others I too love the moon. I always wished to lay on my back and just stare at the moon. It has some sort of calming effect on me. I feel powerful and alive. I just hate the noise,light,air pollution here. Can't really enjoy nature anymore.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2010
    It was extremely bright last night, before I went to bed and closed my curtains I was rather confused by the light then realised it was the moon..
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited September 2010
    Here in the city there's too much light pollution for a full moon to make much of a difference of how bright it is at night, or at least I've never noticed much of a difference, but the moon can look very cool at times.
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

Back on topic. I never really thought about Moon leaving us or Sun screwing or even Aliens.

They're really hiding behind the moon in our blind spot. :eek:

Also, the moon is just a big rock floating around our planet, get over it. :mad:

But I wonder what's inside of it? *drills into moon in search for oil*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    They're really hiding behind the moon in our blind spot. :eek:

Also, the moon is just a big rock floating around our planet, get over it. :mad:

But I wonder what's inside of it? *drills into moon in search for oil*

Loli Fairies wearing nothing?
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Loli Fairies wearing nothing?

My pedar says otherwise.....

But I wonder...... does it have a molten core like the Earth? Or is it just a rock?
    edited September 2010
    The moon peers down on a diseased world.
    edited September 2010
    I think if it's just rock we should give it to the insects.. :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    http://www.ufocasebook.com/moon.html

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0706/moonufos.html

Read those. The moon is an Alien base. The earth used to not even have a moon.

http://www.varchive.org/itb/sansmoon.htm

Anyway yeah it was really bright last night. Where I'm at there is very little light pollution so It always makes a difference when it's full. It makes the whole night look like that time just before the sun comes up.
    edited September 2010
    I've heard of those theories too, they're very interesting. There's certainly some weird stuff going on on the moon. I first learned about that stuff in "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs, which is a fantastic book that everyone should read.
    edited September 2010

Yes. Swallow the moon ;)
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    I've heard of those theories too, they're very interesting. There's certainly some weird stuff going on on the moon. I first learned about that stuff in "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs, which is a fantastic book that everyone should read.

That's where I first heard the theory:D Anything by Jimm Marrs is usually excellent. He's able to present theory's with facts without going off on retarded specualtion like David Icke does.
    edited September 2010
    Wow, two whole pages and not one person posted a picture of someones butt, I'm impressed. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Earth's gravity should be too little to hold such a big moon in orbit - it's a bit of a mystery how it happened actually.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited September 2010
    Earth's gravity should be too little to hold such a big moon in orbit - it's a bit of a mystery how it happened actually.

Probably because the moon was blasted off of Earth, forming very close. The barycenter of the orbits actually resembles more like that of a double planet system.

On a side note, however, the other night I gazed at the moon and Jupiter in my 2C-E trip, receiving energy pulses from both and then having them take my own energy, like a giant celestial circuit.

And on that, I leave you with my own moon pics:

peYE1.jpg

PS: December 21 2010 can't fucking wait and it better fucking not be cloudy:mad::mad::mad:
    edited September 2010
    it's a bit of a mystery how it happened actually.

Not really.