Personal Revelations

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
No matter how old you are you have certainly discovered wonderful, scary, amazing and dull things about yourself throughout your life thus far. As you continue to grow older you will of course remake many of these and discover new things about yourself. Also you will change and some of these things will fall to the wayside. Many of these personal revelations can be brought on through the acknowledgment of others while some are purely self discoveries.

Outside acknowledgment:
A girl at work made me realize that I am a very aloof person. I am laissez faire concerning everything that happens around me though sometimes I pretend to care about what happens to others so I don't come off as heartless and lose their good standing.

Personal revelation:
I really really want to believe in something but never can find anything to believe in. I've tried several religions but logic always voids them for me. I really really want something big to happen. Something of "biblical proportions" that will affect me and several other people directly. I really really want this but again logic tells me that it just isn't going to be so. There is always that slim chance that it might though and I cling to the hope that whatever it is, I will be there and know when/that it is happening.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I realised how liberal my upbringing was. At the time it seemed normal for me, but when I went to uni, we suddenly had all these rules. No smoking in rooms, had to give ID for a BBQ, had to be quiet by a certain time. It was bullshit.
    I was kinda homesick, but until I could go home, just blazed away in the bathroom with the extractor fan on, played 360 until 5am and thought everyone was a repressed little pussy...which, they were. One girl didn't know how to use a kettle.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010

Personal revelation:
    I really really want to believe in something but never can find anything to believe in. I've tried several religions but logic always voids them for me. I really really want something big to happen. Something of "biblical proportions" that will affect me and several other people directly. I really really want this but again logic tells me that it just isn't going to be so. There is always that slim chance that it might though and I cling to the hope that whatever it is, I will be there and know when/that it is happening.

Try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

It's logical enough.
    Also you may be interested in Nostradamus.
    Look at the world, we're having some of the most extreme weather and geological events in a long time, all really close together. The planet is changing.
    Oh, you also might want to look into Gaia, it's pretty interesting.

Instead of moaning about what sucks, try do something about it.
  • edited August 2010
    I often find myself facing problems, but I've learned that no matter what it is, it won't get better on its own. You have to work towards things to achieve them, or to make yourself a better person. It's a tough road, but you love the rewards and success when you finally pull through.