Restoring honor rally at Lincoln memorial.

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/28/at-rally-beck-positions-himself-as-new-leader-for-christian-conservatives/?hpt=C1

Among those surprised by all of conservative TV host Glenn Beck's recent religious talk - including at Saturday's Washington rally, where Beck said that "America today begins to turn back to God," - is the Rev. Richard Land, a Southern Baptist leader.

"I've been stunned," said Land, who directs public policy for the Southern Baptist Convention and who attended the Saturday rally at Beck's invitation.

"This guy's on secular radio and television," Land said Saturday, "but his shows sound like you're listening to the Trinity Broadcasting Network, only it's more orthodox and there's no appeal for money ... and today he sounded like Billy Graham."

Beck's speeches around his "Restoring Honor" rally have brimmed with religious language: "God dropped a giant sandbag on his head" to push him to organize the rally, he said Friday.

On Friday night, Beck held a religion-focused event at the Kennedy Center that was billed as Glenn Beck's Divine Destiny.

Beck's speech Saturday also evoked the feel of a religious revival.

I went to this today. The turn out was crazy there were a few pathetic attempts at counter protest that was lulzy. But yeah it was cool saw Sarah Palin Beck Dr. Martin Luther Kings neice and some others spoke. There were about 100,000 people. Despite the what some news says it was not about politics but about unity and taking back this country. The event raised over 5 million to benefit the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

http://www.glennbeck.com/828/

Comments

• VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    Good that they've raised money but this is probably all build up for the elections.
    were told not to bring political placards, and the speakers – even the former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin – did not cite President Barack Obama once

If they can keep this sort of thing up it would be great, maybe have some intelligent debate instead of the mud-slinging that's been going on.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    “I’ve never been to a Tea Party event," David Koch told New York magazine's Andrew Goldman earlier this year. "No one representing the Tea Party has ever even approached me."

David-Koch.jpg