Taking friends music

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Here's an idea for the people out there who want to build up a music collection, no matter what the music sounds like.

Everyone has an iPod or something similar, so borrow one from your friend and copy all the music from it onto your own computer. I just did it with my friend's iPod, and once I'd cleared out all the dupe songs which I already had, I was left with quite a good number of new stuff.

Comments

• TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    I have more than all my friends and 90% of what they have so that wouldn't work for me.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I already have too much fucking music. I quit downloading a while ago because I don't even listen to most of it. :/
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Most of my friends listen to shitty Asian music or shitty radio music :facepalm:
    edited September 2010
    Lots of my friends listen to "indie" music. It's just bad.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited September 2010
    I do this. Whenever I'm fixing a computer for somebody I'll copy all their music, delete the dupes, delete the ones which obviously are shit and put the rest in my library. Where most gets deleted once I hear it play, 'cause most people listen to shitty music.

Still, it's provided me with quite a number of good songs.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I do this but I just copy the stuff from them I know or have been told I'll like. lol fanglekai, I listen to indie.
    edited September 2010
    But do you listen to the shitty indie kind? You know, the "indie" that shitty bands slap on themselves as a label to justify shitty music? I like some local bands that aren't on labels, so I'm not against "indie" music, just the kind that sucks balls and tries to pretend it's so kewl because it's indie. I also hate when groups get rich and famous and then still try to pretend they're "indie rock." Maybe it's just the scene where I live, but sooooooo many people are pretentious indiefags who drink pbr, wear weird thrift store clothing and think they're so fucking cool because they wear plastic horn rimmed glasses with no lenses.
  • edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    But do you listen to the shitty indie kind? You know, the "indie" that shitty bands slap on themselves as a label to justify shitty music? I like some local bands that aren't on labels, so I'm not against "indie" music, just the kind that sucks balls and tries to pretend it's so kewl because it's indie. I also hate when groups get rich and famous and then still try to pretend they're "indie rock." Maybe it's just the scene where I live, but sooooooo many people are pretentious indiefags who drink pbr, wear weird thrift store clothing and think they're so fucking cool because they wear plastic horn rimmed glasses with no lenses.

FUCK, I HATE those people. The ones around here wear retarded shoes made from cloth and roll the bottoms of their trouser legs up a little bit. WTF!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    And they wear ties over a t-shirt :mad: :facepalm:
  • edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I already have too much fucking music. I quit downloading a while ago because I don't even listen to most of it. :/

What's recent and worth listening to, though? So much shitty music out there.
  • edited September 2010

Nothing recent is really worth listening to IMO. It's all shitty. Older music FTW!
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited September 2010
    I fucking hate when people come over or something and then just jack your music it's bad friendship :mad:
    edited September 2010

I like some metal groups like Eluveitie and Arch Enemy. They have some good recent stuff. Collide released "These Eyes Before" which I really like. That's it for the recent stuff I guess. I would need to check my itunes, but most of my music is a few years old at least.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    i hardly listen to music at all. my "collection" is less than 200 MB
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Amie wrote: »
    I do this. Whenever I'm fixing a computer for somebody I'll copy all their music, delete the dupes, delete the ones which obviously are shit and put the rest in my library. Where most gets deleted once I hear it play, 'cause most people listen to shitty music.

Still, it's provided me with quite a number of good songs.
    I do this with customers puters....guilty.
    I don't load them on to my HD but onto DVDs
    I haven't decided which ones I wanna keep....In fact I haven't even listened to most of them.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    Since when can you copy music FROM an iPod?
  • edited September 2010
    Since when can you copy music FROM an iPod?

It's easy bro. Give me a minute, and I'll write a guide on it :D
    edited September 2010