Dropping My Mod Status

Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Ok so here's the deal. I recently moved into my dorm. I'm almost never in my room meaning I'm almost never online. I will make posts every so often though so I'm not completely abandoning ship here. It's just the fact that real life is much more important than the internet right now. I will be online more when it gets colder though which is soon. :thumbsup:

Comments

• HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    You should put in a good word.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited September 2010
    I could do that but you're pretty much attention whoring the fact that you want to be mod. It's not the coolest thing in the world or anything...

Edit: Infact you're kind of reminding me of toothless joe. Just throwing that out there. You don't want to be like him do ya?
    edited September 2010
    I could do that but you're pretty much attention whoring the fact that you want to be mod. It's not the coolest thing in the world or anything...

Edit: Infact you're kind of reminding me of toothless joe. Just throwing that out there. You don't want to be like him do ya?

No, I just haven't gotten around to changing my sig yet. Seems like there are more important things afoot with the site.
    edited September 2010
    Helladamnleet if you wanna mod BLTC then just contribute a lot and help people with problems there. Make threads and posts that people will want to reply to and make an effort to make the section better and soon enough you will get noticed.

But what Icee said is kind of true, you're acting a bit like toothless joe. You shouldn't want to mod just to mod you should want to mod because you think you can add a little something extra to the forum that you're running.

I want to mod to keep crap like the "Bill Keller and returned!!!eleven" threads at a minimal so Totse doesn't go the way of the dodo.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I agree.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    if i was a mod. i would troll myself and delete my own threads. and accuse me of over modding.
    edited September 2010
    That's a good mindset now just choose one forum that you really think that you can contribute in and start making threads and replying to others.

It's hard to contribute, as I feel it makes the site look tacky to post EVERYTHING on my mind. Most of the threads are retarded too, so I don't feel the need to perpetuate them by giving them life.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    if i was a mod. i would troll myself and delete my own threads. and accuse me of over modding.

Way ahead of you :hai:
    It's hard to contribute, as I feel it makes the site look tacky to post EVERYTHING on my mind. Most of the threads are retarded too, so I don't feel the need to perpetuate them by giving them life.

And Helladamnleet you don't need to post everything on your mind. When I find forums I visit a lot are going slow (A&D, GPP) I usually just refer back to other websites I look at on a daily basis. Sometimes theres interesting news on those websites that would fit well into certain forums, and that would be interesting to discuss or show other people. Just don't copy/paste entire articles and you'll do ok :)
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm the best mod ever.

&T is unhealthy.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010

If it means anything to you brah. When the time comes for a moderator decision and everyone is in agreement for your forum input.....you'll have my vote.
    So at this stage we are all.
    KingWatchingYou.gifHelladamnleet ;)
    edited September 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    If it means anything to you brah. When the time comes for a moderator decision and everyone is in agreement for your forum input.....you'll have my vote.
    So at this stage we are all.
    KingWatchingYou.gifHelladamnleet ;)

Thanks. For the time being I'm just going to try to keep all of my posts on topic, contribute, and generally be a role model for the new era of totse users. I realized a while ago I don't need a mod title under my name to make an impact on the future of the site.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited September 2010
    Good for you for stepping up and taking responsibility. Good look at school and party like no tomorrow. :D