Let's get all emotional ;(

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This thread is dedicated to things which you really miss, whether it be something from your childhood, a family member or anything you can think of.

I really miss going to school as a kid, seeing my friends every day and not having a care in the world about taxes, jobs, or any of that. Lame, I know.

Your turn.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    You pretty much said it.

I wish we could go back to an earlier day when all we had to do was play dress up and drink tea with our stuffed animals.

I wish I had the motivation to do the things I used to love. I used to draw, read, bike and other things but ever since high school ended, I don't feel like doing anything anymore.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    totse.com
    edited September 2010
    Damn, everything's coming back.

I miss my backpack that was actually a stuffed bunny with a zipper in the back.

I miss N'Sync.

I miss Pet Rock Day in grade 6.

I miss when Neopets was fun.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edited September 2010
    I miss Chrismas Eve, when everyone's parents would take all the kids to a pub nearby. They'd all go and stand at the bar, while we all used to go into the games room at the back and just hang out together.

Then there was Christmas Day itself, when I'd get loads of cool stuff. :(
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Then there was Christmas Day itself, when I'd get loads of cool stuff. :(

This! I find myself never getting excited over Christmas anymore :sad:

Another thing is toys. I miss playing with toys and using your imagination. I've tried to as an adult, but its never really the same.
    edited September 2010
    Just realized one of the posts I made here was my 2000th :D

Anywho, those of you who miss playing with your imagination, it's something I still do :o

I mainly have 3 scenarios I play in:

1. A telekinetic swordsman (Jedi-like) in a LOTR type fantasy setting.
    2. Captain of my own intergalactic spaceship fighting in some dystopian rebellion.
    3. A Batman-type superhero (no actual superpowers), but cooler.
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Just realized one of the posts I made here was my 2000th :D

Anywho, those of you who miss playing with your imagination, it's something I still do :o

I mainly have 3 scenarios I play in:

1. A telekinetic swordsman (Jedi-like) in a LOTR type fantasy setting.
    2. Captain of my own intergalactic spaceship fighting in some dystopian rebellion.
    3. A Batman-type superhero (no actual superpowers), but cooler.

How old are you? I can play as if I'm 'in' a fantasy (first person), I just find it hard to play with toys (third person.)
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    How old are you? I can play as if I'm 'in' a fantasy (first person), I just find it hard to play with toys (third person.)

18, almost 19 :facepalm:

I play 'in' fantasy. Used to play with toys alot, like legos and action figures. I guess it's more of a selfish thing. I want to be the one having all the action, not my toys :p
    edited September 2010
    Remember how certain floor tiles at the mall were lava? :D
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I miss my cat. Fuck :(
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn, everything's coming back.

I miss my backpack that was actually a stuffed bunny with a zipper in the back.

I miss N'Sync.

I miss Pet Rock Day in grade 6.

I miss when Neopets was fun.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Uh, you're a dude right?

I miss old cartoons and eating pizza bites.
    edited September 2010
    Remember how certain floor tiles at the mall were lava? :D

And on the foot paths if you stepped on a crack you would marry a rat :o
    edited September 2010
    AKIRA wrote: »
    Uh, you're a dude right?

Yep. I was the weird but lovable kid at school :D
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited September 2010
    18, almost 19 :facepalm:

I play 'in' fantasy. Used to play with toys alot, like legos and action figures. I guess it's more of a selfish thing. I want to be the one having all the action, not my toys :p

haha I'm the same man. I miss how playing used to be so fun. Playing with toys feels so dull now. I do a bit of I guess you could call it fire twirling without the fire to relax sometimes, and I've tried getting in to character like I used to. Fucking age how I hate you, I can still get some enjoyment out of these things but really I just feel like a fag
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited September 2010
    The only thing I really miss is not having emotions. More so not really knowing what love was. When you're young, if some little girl broke your heart you were over that shit in like 2 days. Now..some cunt breaks your heart, and that shit sticks with you for quite sometime.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I miss my best friend. He introduced me to &T about a decade ago. We were on drugs not too long ago and he stole from me. I was forced by my mom to call his mom which landed him in a rehab center/mental institution. I heard a rumor that he might get out soon but we're forbidden to see each other.

I still play with my imagination all the time and I'm 23. I'm a weirdo though and always have been.
    edited September 2010
    SHANE14 wrote: »
    I can still get some enjoyment out of these things but really I just feel like a fag

I know what you mean.

Running around the house with a sword or gun just isn't cool anymore. Its good if you have a younger brother/sister (3-10yrs) to play with as you don't feel like such an idiot playing with someone else, especially a child.
    The only thing I really miss is not having emotions.

Is that emotion chip playing up on you again? Damn you Masturbatrons always needing to be repaired. First its the wrist joint, now this :mad:
  • edited September 2010
    I miss my best friend. He introduced me to &T about a decade ago. We were on drugs not too long ago and he stole from me. I was forced by my mom to call his mom which landed him in a rehab center/mental institution. I heard a rumor that he might get out soon but we're forbidden to see each other.

I still play with my imagination all the time and I'm 23. I'm a weirdo though and always have been.

Surely he'll be pissed at you when he gets out of rehab? Sucks to hear your story though man :(

I really miss the floor being lava too. And I miss Saturday nights - they always used to involve me watching The Simpsons, WWE Wrestling and usually Jackass. I loved those shows when I was a little kid. Especially Jackass, it was in it's prime when I was much younger and it was possibly the most hilarious shit I'd ever seen in my life :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    So many things... :(
  • JackJack Regular
    edited September 2010
    i miss when neopets was fun.

qfmft
  • edited September 2010
    I miss juvinile court :(
  • edited September 2010
    I miss getting away with reckless behaviour because I was "just a kid".
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Surely he'll be pissed at you when he gets out of rehab? Sucks to hear your story though man :(

Yeah I'm sure he will be. When I heard about his being released soon the first thing I thought was "Fuck... He's going to come looking for me. My days are numbered." I don't think he will though. Maybe when he comes back I can somehow get him to join here and eventually mend a bridge. This would be good for the site too because he was always had great posts and would definitely be a very helpful contribution.
  • edited September 2010
    I really hope he's cool with you bro. Get him to come here, and I'm sure that bridge will be rebuilt. All it takes is time :D
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited September 2010
    I miss believing in God.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Remember my German girlfriend I used to talk about on here non stop?
    Well here's a pic of her browsing the original &T.

dsc04842.jpg

After 2 years of no contact we decided to meet up, and it's blatantly obvious we still like each other. Made me think what life has in store for me. Just on the phone to her now. Headfuck, man. Just want things to go back the way they were.
    edited September 2010
    Bring her here. We need more females.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Bring her here. We need more females.

She loled at the thought of nasal sex :D
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Nasal sex!

I miss watching cartoons on Saturday morning and being content with that.