Gay Marriage

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
What is your position on this issue? With prop 8 overturned then reinstated this could go to the supreme court soon. I'm strongly opposed to it. If they want civil union's that is fine but they should stop pushing for it to be called marriage. Marriage is a God defined institution meant for a man and a woman. It just seems like another step to destroying any morality in America.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Women get to vote, so why can't gays get married?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just see it as a deviant lifestyle that shouldn't be encouraged. There even letting gay couples who are married adopt kids now which is even more fucked up. Gay marriage says that it's a normal behaviour when theres nothing normal about it. They use the argument that animals have gay sex but they also eat shit which isnt normal human behaviour.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited August 2010
    I can only hope you're joking, but I look as far as your avatar and signature and don't like the odds.

Personally, I think that gay marriage should be allowed. Why not? Unlike some, I don't see gay people as being some kind of subspecies or social outcast. For the most part, they're more normal than a lot of straight people I know.
    edited August 2010
    Why would I be joking? It wouldn't even be a funny joke. I don't care if someone's gay though I do view it as a deviant lifestyle. I believe marriage is a YVHV given institution and YVHV condemns homosexuality. Plus what's next people marrying animals. They can have civil unions if they must but don't call it marriage. It's just another step in removing YVHV from America and that will spell trouble for our future if we abandon YVHV.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I don't approve of gay marriage, apart from the religious view, gay marriage will disrupt the natural flow of things. If they say it's ok, why the fuck do they adopt kids ?!?!?!?!? I assume because gay people can't reproduce naturally, lol and I'm sure they'll brainwash them to become gay, plus they're trying to sound normal under these circumstances which is pretty obvious. There's nothing normal or even human about being gay. If you want to be gay and marry don't go adopting kids for fucks sake. That's just plain wrong.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited August 2010
    Why would I be joking? It wouldn't even be a funny joke. I don't care if someone's gay though I do view it as a deviant lifestyle. I believe marriage is a YVHV given institution and YVHV condemns homosexuality. Plus what's next people marrying animals. They can have civil unions if they must but don't call it marriage. It's just another step in removing YVHV from America and that will spell trouble for our future if we abandon YVHV.

Well I guess that's your opinion, even though I do see it as an antediluvian idea.
    AM33N wrote: »
    I don't approve of gay marriage, apart from the religious view, gay marriage will disrupt the natural flow of things. If they say it's ok, why the fuck do they adopt kids ?!?!?!?!? I assume because gay people can't reproduce naturally, lol and I'm sure they'll brainwash them to become gay, plus they're trying to sound normal under these circumstances which is pretty obvious. There's nothing normal or even human about being gay. If you want to be gay and marry don't go adopting kids for fucks sake. That's just plain wrong.

Did you choose to be straight, AM33N? Perhaps you were you brainwashed into being straight by your heterosexual parents? You make it seem like gays choose to be gay. That's like saying they choose to be ridiculed, bullied and made fun of. Who, in what state of mind would choose that?

I would rather see an adopted child in the hands of a gay couple than in an orphanage. Again, archaic view, but that is your opinion so I respect that. Good luck with such a narrow view though :)
  • edited August 2010
    The courts will ask why gays should not be allowed to be married, or who will be better off having denied gays the right to marry and they won't be able to find a reason. You can dance around and bullshit about the alleged effects and statistics of gay marriage on television and really get somewhere, but none of it will hold up in court. "We believe it's wrong" isn't a valid reason to deny a fundamental right, and we'll see that in the coming court cases.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    People have the right (or at least should) to do whatever they want. Opposition to gay marriage is mainly just outdated religious bullshit that is still in our system.

Nobody can give a good reason to deny somebody this right.
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    People have the right (or at least should) to do whatever they want. Opposition to gay marriage is mainly just outdated religious bullshit that is still in our system.

Nobody can give a good reason to deny somebody this right.

I think people need to beware and really think of the consequences of our country telling God he doesn't matter anymore. There could be grave repercussions for doing that. How is the word of our lord outdated?
  • edited August 2010
    I think people need to beware and really think of the consequences of our country telling God he doesn't matter anymore. There could be grave repercussions for doing that. How is the word of our lord outdated?

Gay marriage =/= Declaration that god doesn't matter.

Seriously though, god doesn't matter when it comes to the law.
    edited August 2010
    Gay marriage =/= Declaration that god doesn't matter.

Seriously though, god doesn't matter when it comes to the law.

Abandoning god is exactly the reason our country is going to shit. Cant you see we were founded as a God fearing nation and we were blessed. Now look at all the natural disasters the economy the moral decay. All that is at least in part because we've abandoned Yahweh. When we said God isn't welcome in schools or in public places. If we turn our backs on God he will turn his back on us. Gay marriage is just another step in that downward spiral.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Romans 1:26–27

I oppose Gay marriage because of religious and moral reasons. It's wrong and it's deviant. I know I'm gonna get shit for saying this but how do we know something like hurricane Katrina didn't hit New Orleans because of how immoral they had become. We need to wake up as a society. God has destroyed nations before whose to say he wont do it again if he turn our backs on him. I'm not joking or trolling I'm being dead serious. Armageddon will come but I believe we can prevent it from happening in our lifetime. Gay marriage can not be allowed. The consequences could be great.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    @ Altind
    Seriously ? do you believe that gay genes theory stuff ? that some of us are just born gay ? Anyway thanks for respecting my opinion, however I stand strong against gay people adopting kids. My view is not archaic as it seems, it's a fact. How do you suppose the human generation evolved and withstood time ? by being gay ? If all of us were gay we would've become instinct a long time ago, lol. As DirtySanchez said God is not feared anymore, people don't think of the consequences anymore, this is what is leading us into our own destruction. Even though I might sound like a hypocrite, what DirtySanchez said is identical to the Islamic beliefs. I'm not trying to start a religious flamewar here, I just wanted to point that out :- P
  • edited August 2010
    Abandoning god is exactly the reason our country is going to shit. Cant you see we were founded as a God fearing nation and we were blessed. Now look at all the natural disasters the economy the moral decay. All that is at least in part because we've abandoned Yahweh. When we said God isn't welcome in schools or in public places. If we turn our backs on God he will turn his back on us. Gay marriage is just another step in that downward spiral.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Romans 1:26–27

I oppose Gay marriage because of religious and moral reasons. It's wrong and it's deviant. I know I'm gonna get shit for saying this but how do we know something like hurricane Katrina didn't hit New Orleans because of how immoral they had become. We need to wake up as a society. God has destroyed nations before whose to say he wont do it again if he turn our backs on him. I'm not joking or trolling I'm being dead serious. Armageddon will come but I believe we can prevent it from happening in our lifetime. Gay marriage can not be allowed. The consequences could be great.

Ur dumb
    edited August 2010
    ^^ Thanks for that brilliant contribution to this thread:rolleyes: Jesus said Christians would be mocked and hated before the end times. Your tone will change when Judgment day comes.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010

WOOOOOOOOW! HA! ~ DirtySanchez is now my favourite poster on &T..

.... and you really do believe that? the internet is great :thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    With all my heart. Im a deep man of faith and I believe the Bible to be the inspired word of Yahweh. I follow Christian Identity i read the Bible every day.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t107498/

^^^ Thats a good link if you'd like to learn more.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited August 2010
    AM33N wrote: »
    @ Altind
    Seriously ? do you believe that gay genes theory stuff ? that some of us are just born gay ? Anyway thanks for respecting my opinion, however I stand strong against gay people adopting kids. My view is not archaic as it seems, it's a fact. How do you suppose the human generation evolved and withstood time ? by being gay ? If all of us were gay we would've become instinct a long time ago, lol. As DirtySanchez said God is not feared anymore, people don't think of the consequences anymore, this is what is leading us into our own destruction. Even though I might sound like a hypocrite, what DirtySanchez said is identical to the Islamic beliefs. I'm not trying to start a religious flamewar here, I just wanted to point that out :- P

I do believe that people are born gay. I know a few gay people, and I don't think that they or anyone else would ever have chose to be ridiculed for their sexuality etc.

No offense, but there is no fact to be had when it comes to gay couples adopting children. Having two fathers or two mothers is no worse than a derelict family who bring their young children up amidst their drug and substance abuse - in fact, it's far better.
    What effect does having LGBT parents have on children?

Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Contrary to popular belief, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
    • Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
    • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
    • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
    • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior).

As for the human race becoming extinct as a result of homosexuality. That just isn't true as homosexuality is not a new thing. It has been around for millenia though only the past one hundred years have homosexuals (to an extent) been liberated. Further more on the extinction of the human race, if we were facing extinction the world's population wouldn't have quadrupled over the past hundred years.

I'm not a believer in God, again, I don't believe in archaic practices, no offense to you or anyone else. Just not my cup of tea. I just believe in having a liberal outlook on life.
    edited September 2010
    ^^ So you believe there are queer baby's running around? Very few are actually born gay. The vast majority are conditioned gay's. they've been taught that's its cool and acceptable so they choose to be gay. Homosexual's DO have a much higher rate of molesting children. There overall lifestyle is about as promiscuous as it gets as evidenced by there high rate of STD's. Theres nothing normal about it. They cant procreate therefore it's not normal. They make no attempt to change. God clearly says its an abomination. They belong in the closet. How can someone support gay marriage when marriage is a god given institution and god condemms homosexuality. Whats next? People marrying horses and shit where does it stop. Theirs no reason they cant just have civil unions. Why must they call it marriage you still havent answered that. Also it's going to seriously fuck up a kid if there parents are 2 guys or 2 women.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited September 2010
    Is dirtysanchez a troll? Is he serious about this religious nonsense?...I remember arguing with him in SG about evolution. His argument was ripped straight from the bible but in the end I thought he admitted to trolling...A lie in order to not look so stupid?
  • edited September 2010
    Is dirtysanchez a troll? Is he serious about this religious nonsense?...I remember arguing with him in SG about evolution. His argument was ripped straight from the bible but in the end I thought he admitted to trolling...A lie in order to not look so stupid?

You never know. I wouldn't put too much effort into arguing with him, just in case he is. Just refute the point and be on your way.
    edited September 2010

If speaking the truth is trolling. Then yes I am a troll. Is anyone opposed to gay marriage a troll?
  • FONFON Regular
    edited September 2010
    If speaking the truth is trolling. Then yes I am a troll.

I'd say its more your nonsensical arguments but hey...Suit yourself.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited September 2010
    What about the seperation of church and state. Just because a religion believes something doesn't mean they have to force their beliefs on everyone else. Just because you believe it to be "wrong" doesn't make it so

"Negative stereotypes characterize LGB people as less romantically stable, more promiscuous and more likely to abuse children, but there is no scientific basis to such assertions. Gay men and lesbians form stable, committed relationships that are equivalent to heterosexual relationships in essential respects.[2] Sexual orientation does not affect the likelihood that people will abuse children.[98][188][189] Claims that there is scientific evidence to support an association between being gay and being a pedophile are based on misuses of those terms and misrepresentation of the actual evidence."

If it's not natural, then why do animals do it?

"Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them"

You let your religious beliefs blind you to the real facts.
    edited September 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    What about the seperation of church and state. Just because a religion believes something doesn't mean they have to force their beliefs on everyone else. Just because you believe it to be "wrong" doesn't make it so

"Negative stereotypes characterize LGB people as less romantically stable, more promiscuous and more likely to abuse children, but there is no scientific basis to such assertions. Gay men and lesbians form stable, committed relationships that are equivalent to heterosexual relationships in essential respects.[2] Sexual orientation does not affect the likelihood that people will abuse children.[98][188][189] Claims that there is scientific evidence to support an association between being gay and being a pedophile are based on misuses of those terms and misrepresentation of the actual evidence."

If it's not natural, then why do animals do it?

"Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them"

You let your religious beliefs blind you to the real facts.

Animals also eat there own shit and in some species they eat there children. Does that mean this would be acceptable for a human to do so? I know there's separation of church and state but marriage is a religious institution.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited September 2010
    Animals also eat there own shit and in some species they eat there children. Does that mean this would be acceptable for a human to do so? I know there's separation of church and state but marriage is a religious institution.

But it also provides people with rights, rights that gay people are denied. It is not just about marriage, it's about all these rights that they are being denied
    * Right to benefits while married:
    o employment assistance and transitional services for spouses of members being separated from military service; continued commissary privileges
    o per diem payment to spouse for federal civil service employees when relocating
    o Indian Health Service care for spouses of Native Americans (in some circumstances)
    o sponsor husband/wife for immigration benefits
    * Larger benefits under some programs if married, including:
    o veteran's disability
    o Supplemental Security Income
    o disability payments for federal employees
    o medicaid
    o property tax exemption for homes of totally disabled veterans
    o income tax deductions, credits, rates exemption, and estimates
    o wages of an employee working for one's spouse are exempt from federal unemployment tax[3]
    * Joint and family-related rights:
    o joint filing of bankruptcy permitted
    o joint parenting rights, such as access to children's school records
    o family visitation rights for the spouse and non-biological children, such as to visit a spouse in a hospital or prison
    o next-of-kin status for emergency medical decisions or filing wrongful death claims
    o custodial rights to children, shared property, child support, and alimony after divorce
    o domestic violence intervention
    o access to "family only" services, such as reduced rate memberships to clubs & organizations or residency in certain neighborhoods
    * Preferential hiring for spouses of veterans in government jobs
    * Tax-free transfer of property between spouses (including on death) and exemption from "due-on-sale" clauses.
    * Special consideration to spouses of citizens and resident aliens
    * Threats against spouses of various federal employees is a federal crime
    * Right to continue living on land purchased from spouse by National Park Service when easement granted to spouse
    * Court notice of probate proceedings
    * Domestic violence protection orders
    * Existing homestead lease continuation of rights
    * Regulation of condominium sales to owner-occupants exemption
    * Funeral and bereavement leave
    * Joint adoption and foster care
    * Joint tax filing
    * Insurance licenses, coverage, eligibility, and benefits organization of mutual benefits society
    * Legal status with stepchildren
    * Making spousal medical decisions
    * Spousal non-resident tuition deferential waiver
    * Permission to make funeral arrangements for a deceased spouse, including burial or cremation
    * Right of survivorship of custodial trust
    * Right to change surname upon marriage
    * Right to enter into prenuptial agreement
    * Right to inheritance of property
    * Spousal privilege in court cases (the marital confidences privilege and the spousal testimonial privilege)
    * For those divorced or widowed, the right to many of ex- or late spouse's benefits, including:
    o Social Security pension
    o veteran's pensions, indemnity compensation for service-connected deaths, medical care, and nursing home care, right to burial in veterans' cemeteries, educational assistance, and housing
    o survivor benefits for federal employees
    o survivor benefits for spouses of longshoremen, harbor workers, railroad workers
    o additional benefits to spouses of coal miners who die of black lung disease
    o $100,000 to spouse of any public safety officer killed in the line of duty
    o continuation of employer-sponsored health benefits
    o renewal and termination rights to spouse's copyrights on death of spouse
    o continued water rights of spouse in some circumstances
    o payment of wages and workers compensation benefits after worker death
    o making, revoking, and objecting to post-mortem anatomical gifts
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited September 2010
    LGBTs are not 'denied' a right. They are given the same right that heterosexual couples have - the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

Personally, I think gay marriage is a slippery slope, and I oppose it's legalization at the federal level (not opposed to it at the state level). But I fully support civil unions that would grant all the rights of a traditional marriage.

Also, I think it's absurd that Prop. 8 was overturned. Judicial tyranny is never acceptable.
    edited September 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    But it also provides people with rights, rights that gay people are denied. It is not just about marriage, it's about all these rights that they are being denied

I'm actually in favor of giving them the same rights as married couples in civil unions. I'm just opposed to calling it marriage and there insistence on calling it marriage bothers me.
  • edited September 2010
    Gallows wrote: »
    LGBTs are not 'denied' a right. They are given the same right that heterosexual couples have - the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

Shitty argument is shitty. :facepalm:
    Personally, I think gay marriage is a slippery slope, and I oppose it's legalization at the federal level (not opposed to it at the state level). But I fully support civil unions that would grant all the rights of a traditional marriage.

If it's a slippery slope, why should it be allowed anywhere? Also, I'm pretty sure the gays want to be married, not civil-union'd.
    Also, I think it's absurd that Prop. 8 was overturned. Judicial tyranny is never acceptable.

LOL

Which part of his decision did you disagree with most, and why? I think you're just confused as to how our government works. We live in what's called a republic. While there are democratic elements to a republic, it is not a direct democracy. In the United States, a law which conflicts with the constitution (Or its amendments) cannot be allowed. A law which denies gay couples the right to marry (Which has been established through case-law to be a fundamental right in America) is such a law.
    I'm actually in favor of giving them the same rights as married couples in civil unions. I'm just opposed to calling it marriage and there insistence on calling it marriage bothers me.

As an American, why do you think it is okay to deny one group the rights that another group has (In this case, the fundamental right to marry)? If you cite religion, I'd be compelled to ask where you place your loyalties, in the Bible or in the Constitution.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited September 2010
    As an American, why do you think it is okay to deny one group the rights that another group has (In this case, the fundamental right to marry)? If you cite religion, I'd be compelled to ask where you place your loyalties, in the Bible or in the Constitution.
    All Americans have the right to marry an adult of the opposite sex...but you are saying someone is denied this 'right'?
  • edited September 2010
    All Americans have the right to marry an adult of the opposite sex...but you are saying someone is denied this 'right'?

I'm saying that marriage (Including the right to choose who you marry (Obviously, within reason)) is a fundamental right, and that as the constitution is currently written, denying gay couples the right to marry is unconstitutional.

Also, the equal protection clause sort of fucks with your argument. Allowing one group of adults a right and denying it to another based on sexual orientation isn't allowed.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm saying that marriage (Including the right to choose who you marry (Obviously, within reason)) is a fundamental right, and that as the constitution is currently written, denying gay couples the right to marry is unconstitutional.
    What do you mean by 'within reason'?
  • edited September 2010
    What do you mean by 'within reason'?

Children and small animals.

I mean consenting adults, what the fuck do you think?
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited September 2010
    I mean consenting adults, what the fuck do you think?
    Do you think polygamy should be legal?
  • edited September 2010
    Do you think polygamy should be legal?

I don't care one way or another about polygamy.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Nobody is denying gay people the right to perform a ceremony and call it marriage. The dispute is over whether or not the government recognizes their marriage as a legally binding contract, which they are not bound to do. "gay" marriage is perfectly legal, and there are countless churches that perform them.

The purpose of the government recognizing the religious institution of marriage despite church/state boundaries was to promote and stabilize the family unit during the cold war. This was done because they (rightly) believed that this would lead to prosperity and economic strength.

For once, gays aren't trying to force the government to NOT recognize something of a religious nature, they're trying to take advantage of it. Ideologically inconsistent? Hypocritical? Not really. They're not just demanding recognition of the same civil contract, they're demanding that it be legally referred to as "marriage". This is a strategic move to smear anything resembling Christianity, thus staying within the bounds of their twisted ideals.

As for gays adopting kids....
    The Journal of Homosexuality recently published a special double-issue entitled, "Male Intergenerational Intimacy," containing many articles portraying sex between men and minor boys as loving relationships. One article said parents should look upon the pedophile who loves their son "not as a rival or competitor, not as a theft of their property, but as a partner in the boy's upbringing, someone to be welcomed into their home."

In 1995 the homosexual magazine "Guide" said, "We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are naturally sexual" and "deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose. …" The article went on to say: "Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children's sexuality … we must do it for the children's sake."

Larry Kramer, the founder of ACT-UP, a noted homosexual activist group, wrote in his book, "Report from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist": "In those instances where children do have sex with their homosexual elders, be they teachers or anyone else, I submit that often, very often, the child desires the activity, and perhaps even solicits it."

In a study of advertisements in the influential homosexual newspaper, The Advocate, Reisman found ads for a "Penetrable Boy Doll … available in three provocative positions. She also found that the number of erotic boy images in each issue of The Advocate averaged 14.

Homosexual newspapers and travel publications advertise prominently for countries where boy prostitution is heavy, such as Burma, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
    Sex with children is openly promoted and accepted in the gay community, and they wonder why nobody trusts them with kids.
  • edited September 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Nobody is denying gay people the right to perform a ceremony and call it marriage. The dispute is over whether or not the government recognizes their marriage as a legally binding contract, which they are not bound to do. "gay" marriage is perfectly legal, and there are countless churches that perform them.

:facepalm:

The purpose of the government recognizing the religious institution of marriage despite church/state boundaries was to promote and stabilize the family unit during the cold war. This was done because they (rightly) believed that this would lead to prosperity and economic strength.

You ass, marriage was a legal and fundamental right long before the cold war.
    For once, gays aren't trying to force the government to NOT recognize something of a religious nature, they're trying to take advantage of it. Ideologically inconsistent? Hypocritical? Not really. They're not just demanding recognition of the same civil contract, they're demanding that it be legally referred to as "marriage". This is a strategic move to smear anything resembling Christianity, thus staying within the bounds of their twisted ideals.

Gays want to be able to be legally married because they don't think that they should have to settle for less than real marriage (According to the constitution, they don't) and because legal marriage comes with numerous legal benefits that effect a couples taxes, health insurance, etc.
    As for gays adopting kids....

Sex with children is openly promoted and accepted in the gay community, and they wonder why nobody trusts them with kids.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nigga, u stoopid.
    edited September 2010
    A Gay is far times more likely to molest a kid than a straight person. They have absolutely no biussness adopting kids imo. Why do you and others insist that it be called marriage. Marriage is a God given institution and God condemns homosexuality. It does lead down a slippery slope. Whats next? people will marry animals in the name of "rights". I am loyal to the constitution and separation of church and state isn't in it. We were founded as a Godly nation.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    A Gay is far times more likely to molest a kid than a straight person. They have absolutely no biussness adopting kids imo. Why do you and others insist that it be called marriage. Marriage is a God given institution and God condemns homosexuality. It does lead down a slippery slope. Whats next? people will marry animals in the name of "rights". I am loyal to the constitution and separation of church and state isn't in it. We were founded as a Godly nation.

Source?

People could never marry animals. Animals aren't able to reason or own property and thus cannot enter into a legally binding contract.
    edited September 2010
    http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/printerfriendly.asp?ID=11002
    http://www.churchoftrueisrael.com/nsforum/ns38.html
    http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2008/12/child-molestation-and-homosexuality/

Also My Awakening By David Duke has some very good sources on this.

I dont care if they get Civil Unions and have the same rights as married couples. They just shouldn't call it marriage and they shouldn't adopt kids.
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    You ass, marriage was a legal and fundamental right long before the cold war.

Gays want to be able to be legally married because they don't think that they should have to settle for less than real marriage (According to the constitution, they don't) and because legal marriage comes with numerous legal benefits that effect a couples taxes, health insurance, etc.

You're flat-out making shit up. Marriage isn't even defined in the Constitution, you dipshit. And the US government didn't start granting benefits to married couples until the cold war. Which, btw, is a blatant violation of the seperation between church and state. This blatant violation is the reason gays are now demanding that the US recognize their deviancy. Had the US not bestowed special rights to a religious institution (marriage, during the cold war) in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Let's see those faggots petition the government to STOP recognizing straight marriage, but that would be consistent with their ideology, and we all know libs are the most inconsistent and hypocritical people around.

2 people have just as much of a right to get married as they do to pray, that much is guaranteed, but whether or not the government must recognize that marriage is what's being debated, jackass. And I support gays having the same rights as normal people. It's their belligerent insistence that it be called marriage that is keeping them from advancing their agenda. Marriage is not, and never was a union between 2 people of the same sex.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited September 2010
    The fact is, Marriage is nothing to do with religion anymore, it is a legally binding contract. There are 2 different types of contract, the civil partnerships don't provide the following rights which marriage does. You are discriminating against homosexual people until you give them this rights by letting them marry, or you make civil partnerships provide all these rights.

* Right to benefits while married:
    • employment assistance and transitional services for spouses of members being separated from military service; continued commissary privileges
    • per diem payment to spouse for federal civil service employees when relocating
    • Indian Health Service care for spouses of Native Americans (in some circumstances)
    • sponsor husband/wife for immigration benefits
    • Larger benefits under some programs if married, including:
    • veteran's disability
    • Supplemental Security Income
    • disability payments for federal employees
    • medicaid
    • property tax exemption for homes of totally disabled veterans
    • income tax deductions, credits, rates exemption, and estimates
    • wages of an employee working for one's spouse are exempt from federal unemployment tax
    * Joint and family-related rights:
    • joint filing of bankruptcy permitted
    • joint parenting rights, such as access to children's school records
    • family visitation rights for the spouse and non-biological children, such as to visit a spouse in a hospital or prison
    • next-of-kin status for emergency medical decisions or filing wrongful death claims
    • custodial rights to children, shared property, child support, and alimony after divorce
    • domestic violence intervention
    • access to "family only" services, such as reduced rate memberships to clubs & organizations or residency in certain neighborhoods
    * Preferential hiring for spouses of veterans in government jobs
    * Tax-free transfer of property between spouses (including on death) and exemption from "due-on-sale" clauses.
    * Special consideration to spouses of citizens and resident aliens
    * Threats against spouses of various federal employees is a federal crime
    * Right to continue living on land purchased from spouse by National Park Service when easement granted to spouse
    * Court notice of probate proceedings
    * Domestic violence protection orders
    * Existing homestead lease continuation of rights
    * Regulation of condominium sales to owner-occupants exemption
    * Funeral and bereavement leave
    * Joint adoption and foster care
    * Joint tax filing
    * Insurance licenses, coverage, eligibility, and benefits organization of mutual benefits society
    * Legal status with stepchildren
    * Making spousal medical decisions -
    * Spousal non-resident tuition deferential waiver
    * Permission to make funeral arrangements for a deceased spouse, including burial or cremation
    * Right of survivorship of custodial trust
    * Right to change surname upon marriage
    * Right to enter into prenuptial agreement
    * Right to inheritance of property
    * Spousal privilege in court cases (the marital confidences privilege and the spousal testimonial privilege)
    * For those divorced or widowed, the right to many of ex- or late spouse's benefits, including:
    • Social Security pension
    • veteran's pensions, indemnity compensation for service-connected deaths, medical care, and nursing home care, right to burial in veterans' cemeteries, educational assistance, and housing
    • survivor benefits for federal employees
    • survivor benefits for spouses of longshoremen, harbor workers, railroad workers
    • additional benefits to spouses of coal miners who die of black lung disease
    • $100,000 to spouse of any public safety officer killed in the line of duty
    • continuation of employer-sponsored health benefits
    • renewal and termination rights to spouse's copyrights on death of spouse
    • continued water rights of spouse in some circumstances
    • payment of wages and workers compensation benefits after worker death
    • making, revoking, and objecting to post-mortem anatomical gifts
    edited September 2010
    http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/printerfriendly.asp?ID=11002
    http://www.churchoftrueisrael.com/nsforum/ns38.html
    http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2008/12/child-molestation-and-homosexuality/

Also My Awakening By David Duke has some very good sources on this.

I dont care if they get Civil Unions and have the same rights as married couples. They just shouldn't call it marriage and they shouldn't adopt kids.

So you link to a baptist site, a pro-white site, and then a 3rd with Kirk Cameron as a source? I meant actual sources, like Journals of Medicine, Journals of Psychiatry or something academic and credible.

Until I see studies done by credible professors/professionals published in peer-reviewed journals, I'm not going to buy your claim. They should be able to adopt kids and marry. I mean seriously, how can people not think it's skewed in favor of heterosexuals? It's like being a little kid and having the "no girls allowed" fort. It's bullshit and shouldn't be happening in America of all places.
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    So you link to a baptist site, a pro-white site, and then a 3rd with Kirk Cameron as a source? I meant actual sources, like Journals of Medicine, Journals of Psychiatry or something academic and credible.

Until I see studies done by credible professors/professionals published in peer-reviewed journals, I'm not going to buy your claim. They should be able to adopt kids and marry. I mean seriously, how can people not think it's skewed in favor of heterosexuals? It's like being a little kid and having the "no girls allowed" fort. It's bullshit and shouldn't be happening in America of all places.

The problem is you cant get funding for any study's unless they show the pro homosexual side. Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder in the DSM diagnostics manual until 1972 when pro homosexual groups forced them to change the entry. Were so politically correct that it influences science now. Will you at least admit that it's not normal behavior? When it comes down to it sex's first function is procreation. Since homosexuals cant procreate than by definition it isn't normal. Think about how it will fuck the kids up for life if they have gay parents. It's not a normal environment. Sure there are some terrible straight couples that should never have a kid but still I dont see it as right for gays to adopt because then the kids will begin to view it as normal behavior. It's just another step in the destruction of American values.
  • edited September 2010
    The problem is you cant get funding for any study's unless they show the pro homosexual side. Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder in the DSM diagnostics manual until 1972 when pro homosexual groups forced them to change the entry. Were so politically correct that it influences science now. Will you at least admit that it's not normal behavior? When it comes down to it sex's first function is procreation. Since homosexuals cant procreate than by definition it isn't normal. Think about how it will fuck the kids up for life if they have gay parents. It's not a normal environment. Sure there are some terrible straight couples that should never have a kid but still I dont see it as right for gays to adopt because then the kids will begin to view it as normal behavior.

They changed it because faggotry doesn't fit the definition of a mental illness, lol (Please look up "mental illness" and read what it says before you respond).
    It's just another step in the destruction of American values.

Denying people their fundamental rights is an American value?

By the way, the adopted children of gay couples have the same rates of homosexuality as all of the other kids in the country.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited September 2010
    Seen this one on another forum. It's for you, Sanchez.

acid_picdump_18.jpg

p.s. maybe you should get out of the small town and lose the social stigma attached?
  • edited September 2010
    Altind wrote: »
    Seen this one on another forum. It's for you, Sanchez.

acid_picdump_18.jpg

p.s. maybe you should get out of the small town and lose the social stigma attached?

I never even considered this as an argument. The thing is, most Americans are protestant, and I think it's only the Catholics that are against divorce.
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^^I think Protestantism suggests that the couple may only get divorced should one of two commit adultery.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

It seems actual studies show there are no difference on children because of their parents sexuality.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a904829598

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-8624.2004.00823.x/abstract
    This study examined associations among family type (same-sex vs. opposite-sex parents); family and relationship variables; and the psychosocial adjustment, school outcomes, and romantic attractions and behaviors of adolescents. Participants included 44 12- to 18-year-old adolescents parented by same-sex couples and 44 same-aged adolescents parented by opposite-sex couples, matched on demographic characteristics and drawn from a national sample. Normative analyses indicated that, on measures of psychosocial adjustment and school outcomes, adolescents were functioning well, and their adjustment was not generally associated with family type. Assessments of romantic relationships and sexual behavior were not associated with family type. Regardless of family type, adolescents whose parents described closer relationships with them reported better school adjustment.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a903768135
    Results confirm previous studies in this current body of literature, suggesting that children raised by same-sex parents fare equally well to children raised by heterosexual parents. The authors discuss findings with respect to the implications for practitioners in schools.
    edited September 2010
    Like I said before previous study's have shown this. That's why homosexuality was classified as a mental illness until recently. Just like with race you cant get proper study's on homosexuality because everyones to afraid to offend people if the results aren't pro gay. It simply isn't a natural lifestyle no matter how much the PC crowd trys to make it. I dont need study's to tell me that I find them personally repulsive. I dont acknowledge there right to live let alone marry. We as a society have agreed that you just shouldn't act on certain behaviors and impulses such as bestiality or pedophilia because it's not natural. Just think logically about it no good can come from them adopting kid's. It's going to make the kid see that behavior as normal. This is just another step in destroying what America was about. I dont think the founding fathers had to 2 guys getting married in mind when they wrote the constitution.
    edited September 2010
    Like I said before previous study's have shown this. That's why homosexuality was classified as a mental illness until recently. Just like with race you cant get proper study's on homosexuality because everyones to afraid to offend people if the results aren't pro gay. It simply isn't a natural lifestyle no matter how much the PC crowd trys to make it. I dont need study's to tell me that I find them personally repulsive. I dont acknowledge there right to live let alone marry. We as a society have agreed that you just shouldn't act on certain behaviors and impulses such as bestiality or pedophilia because it's not natural. Just think logically about it no good can come from them adopting kid's. It's going to make the kid see that behavior as normal. This is just another step in destroying what America was about. I dont think the founding fathers had to 2 guys getting married in mind when they wrote the constitution.

Thanks for the stats, Vicky.

Ok, look. Lots of shit was classified as illness until recently. People knew less in the past about these things than we do now, so we're redefining things. Google transorbital lobotomy. That was a treatment for mental illness. We don't do that anymore either.

It has nothing to do with being repulsive to you. Will you agree that gays are still human? Can they be US citizens? If you agree with both of these points then you have no grounds whatsoever to deny them the same rights that every other citizen has, even niggers, spics, jews and chinks. Yeah, straight niggers have more rights than gay white people. Is that fair in your eyes?

Bestiality and pedophilia have nothing to do with gay marriage. Animals and children cannot consent to sexual activity because they lack reason. There are laws against these things because they're harmful to children and with animals it's considered animal cruelty.

Why shouldn't they adopt the kids who live in shitty group homes? At least they could be loved and cared for. Do you think some chink baby will give a shit if he has 2 dads or 2 moms? I think the kids living in shitty conditions would rather have a home to call their own and 2 parents who love them.

Destroying what America was about? What the fuck? The founding fathers didn't write shit about marriage. They owned slaves. Their behavior has nothing to do with the country now. We progress. We allow more people to have rights. Women can vote. People can drive. Non-whites can vote. Non-white, non-landowning males and females can vote. Shit changes. This argument holds no water.

When we get down to it you have no logical reasons why you don't like gay marriage. You claim there are studies. I already showed that the ones you linked to are flawed and inadmissible. You say it's "weird" and not "natural". Those are opinions and no basis for law.