edited November 2010 in Life

Comments

• edited September 2010
    LOL, that's actually insane.

Also, I never keep my lists - I throw them straight in the trash :D
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    .....That's just insanity, OP. :o

I always keep my receipts; I like to go to the store with a plan on what to purchase otherwise I end up buying impulsively and although I never compromise my diet or nutrition, inconsistency becomes a pain in the ass and if I forget something it's not a good thing because I only ever go every 2 weeks or so.

my list will usually include some or all of the following:

milk (2ltr pasteurized) - usually find it under $2 each (x20~25q)
    yoghurt - full cream/fat i can find, no lite shit.
    cottage cheese
    eggs - plentiful. always battery or close to it and always cheapest possible. I usually only eat them hard boiled cause i find it easier to boil 5 ~ 6 and the start of the day and snack/bite throughout the day.
    skinless chicken breast and/or marinated steak: bulk and I will individually freeze at the beginning of the cycle and defrost/grill into sandwiches usually every second day or daily depending on my exercise.
    canned tuna - usually on special, ill try buy the good brand because there is a difference, usually in semi-bulk 10+ at a time. Good on toast. Good flavours available too.
    apples/bananas and occasionally other fruit. I usually eat 2 pieces of fruit p/day.
    single serve packs of pasta and lots of it, really quick and i'm assuming its great carbs but i truly hope somebody corrects me early if its not.
    wheetbix - only cereal i can half-stomach without subsequently gaging and vomiting after waking up. good with honey/banana.
    powerade powder - gotta find a cheaper substitute but it's a +1 on water when training.
    onion - goes well with most things, i usually dice/fry.
    bread - all the good ones, never white.

+ other bits and pieces but above is usually consistent :)
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited September 2010
    Ramen, mac n cheese, sandwhiches, pizza, etc, etc, etc.

College ftl.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    Ramen, mac n cheese, sandwhiches, pizza, etc, etc, etc.

College ftl.

I buy the 30packs of mi-goreng for when I do run out of cash and can't eat for a few days. Works out to be like 30cents/pack. What flavour mac n cheese? - I'll buy chicken but the shit really isn't that great to eat so I usually just make sandwiches ha.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't use the flavor packet with ramen, I just cook them shits, drain the water and add soy sauce.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    Whats the nutrition discrepancy between using the oil sachets and not? Is it really that unhealthy?
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, I know there's a LOT of sodium, but there's also a lot in soy sauce. I didn't start for health concerns, in fact, I used to add the packet then add soy sauce.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Here's something you can try: Take a pack of ramen, crush it up, then open it. Take out the seasoning packet and empty it into the bag of crushed ramen. Eat as is :hai:
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited September 2010
    Serving size is half a block of noodles and half the flavoring. 830mg sodium per serving. The first three ingredients in the soup base are salt, MSG, and sugar

Edit: there are 920mg of sodium in a serving (1 tbsp) of soy sauce.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll scan it next time I go shopping.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited October 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    I don't use the flavor packet with ramen, I just cook them shits, drain the water and add soy sauce.

I don't even need to eat poor, but I do anyway. I do the same thing you do, cook, drain water, but I use hotsauce rather than soy sauce. I'm not a big fan of salt.
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited October 2010
    I went to the goddamn grocery store last night. first time I've been the grocery store in a month, last time i got a pound of smoked Gouda cheese

2lb plain yogurt
    1pack Marlboro reds
    1lb bag of sunflower seeds
    (forgot to get ketchup)

Anybody done thorough research in daily eating for a week?
    I need the optimal amount and specific food to eat.
    I'm not asking for someone to google a healthy meal plan, I've done my own research, but if someone has made a mission of it then help me out.
    list of nutrients and what to eat to get them

white rice, multivitamins, water, edamame, and cigarettes is so monotonous
    I also eat this shit, tasty, juicy, and full of omega 3, its a weed that grows plentifully around my apartment
    1.jpg
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    42069 wrote: »
    I went to the goddamn grocery store last night. first time I've been the grocery store in a month, last time i got a pound of smoked Gouda cheese

2lb plain yogurt
    1pack Marlboro reds
    1lb bag of sunflower seeds
    (forgot to get ketchup)

Anybody done thorough research in daily eating for a week?
    I need the optimal amount and specific food to eat.
    I'm not asking for someone to google a healthy meal plan, I've done my own research, but if someone has made a mission of it then help me out.
    list of nutrients and what to eat to get them

white rice, multivitamins, water, edamame, and cigarettes is so monotonous
    I also eat this shit, tasty, juicy, and full of omega 3, its a weed that grows plentifully around my apartment
    1.jpg
    No Shit!..!:eek: You can eat that?
    I just googled recipes for it. Seen it around, not very common here though,,:thumbsup:
    Do you guys have cress? We call it watercress. Grows in slow running streams.
    Nice in salads but the local natives boil it with white man.:confused:
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    Plastic bag x2 = 5.80
    Kronenburg x2 = 121.60
    Tomato paste = 62.90
    Baked beans = 48.50
    Sweetcorn = 56.80
    Pasta = 33.30
    Orange juice = 58.90
    Rice = 72.60
    Grape = 69.13
    4 Chicken Fillets = 193.92

TOTAL: 723.45RUR // 24USD

Pretty fucking expensive man.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited November 2010
    apples
    bananas
    cottage cheese
    fat free milk
    cranberry juice
    eggs
    turkey bacon
    turkey meat
    sara lee bread
    monster energy drink
    baked chips
    avocado's mmm
    sweet potato
    ice cream
    strawberry banana yogurt
    that's about it for this week.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    I buy from 4 different stores depending on what I want. I go to World Market every few months when I need coffee, olive oil or spices. They're cheap and good. I get cleaning supplies, shampoo, etc. from Walmart. If I don't have much time I shop at one store for meat and milk cause it's close to my house, but I only buy produce from a different store, which is where I do the bulk of my food shopping.

My diet varies, but here's some stuff I usually buy for the week:

1/2 gal 1% milk
    bananas
    apples
    1lb KC strip steak
    pasta
    pasta sauce
    spinach
    mushrooms
    limes
    peppers - bell or jalapeno mostly
    Eggland's best cage free eggs ($2.20 per dozen)
    canned black & canned pinto beans

Those are all staples. Then I buy random shit like tortilla chips, salsa, cheese, taco shells, bread, crackers and whatnot depending on what I want to eat. I usually buy yogurt at walmart cause they sell it in bulk, but it's expensive and full of sugar so I don't get it that often. I really need to plan my meals in advance and stick with it because I end up wasting food or having shit I don't know what to do with. I waste a lot of time by not buying shit once a week. I end up going twice a week usually to supplement with random stuff like coke (for my cheap whiskey) or V8 juice or other stuff.

I actually don't eat that much food, so when I buy 5lbs of potatoes I feel ridiculous. Today I ate potatoes, 2 eggs with cheese and some crackers for breakfast. Then I had 1 cup of white rice, mushrooms, carrots and green bell pepper for dinner. Some days my eating habits are pretty terrible.

I'll post my grocery list next time I go to the store, probably tomorrow actually. I need more meat and bananas.