My 1 Month Of Gaming

TLVTLV Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
(Copy Pasted from my blog)

http://1monthofgaming.blogspot.com/

Who?
I am TLV. I'm 19 and live in North Carolina.

What?
This blog will encompass my "1 Month of Gaming". This will take place during August. The point is to play as many Video Games as possible, beat as many Video Games as possible and have fun doing it.

Why?
When I was a kid Video games were my favorite thing to do. I didn'y really have that many games but I played the ones I had to death. I would rent games from Blockbuster and play the shit out of them until my week was up and I had to return them. As I grew older I played them less as I got a social life. Now with Internet Piracy I have too many games. I used to jump at the idea of playing a new game. And No matter how bad the game I would beat every single one. Now I generally play a game for a few hours and get bored of it. If the game gets to a dull point I will play something else and the first game will just sit there until i forget about it. Will the ability to download and play almost any game I have over saturated myself with them to where the fun I used to have is gone and I just play to pass the time.

What games?
Any game. I own a PS2, a Gamecube and a decent computer.

How?
I don't have a job and have nothing to do all day. Most of my waking hours will be devoted to gaming. I'm aiming at 10 hours a day.

I have 3 weeks to prepare. In this time I have to decide what games to play and what order.

What do you guys think? What games should I play? What games SHOULDN'T I play.

Comments

• Tommy LundTommy Lund Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Sounds roughly like my life.

I`l go look at my GC games and make a little list for you if you want.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    You should play Postal 2. :cool:
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Here are the games I have lined up(already bought or downloaded) to play so far.

Resident Evil 4
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Final Fantasy X
    Borderlands
    Dead Space
    Dragon Age Origins
    Killing Floor
    KOTOR II
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    Silent Hill 2
    The Force Unleashed
    Half Life
    Team Fortress 2
    Psychonauts
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Civilization 4
    Disciples 3 Renaissance
    Command & Conquer 4
    Metro 2033
    Street Fighter 4

Might look into Postal 2, looks like GTA on acid. anything else i should play? And what's a good racing game?
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    Here are the games I have lined up(already bought or downloaded) to play so far.

Resident Evil 4
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Final Fantasy X
    Borderlands
    Dead Space
    Dragon Age Origins
    Killing Floor
    KOTOR II
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
    Silent Hill 2
    The Force Unleashed
    Half Life
    Team Fortress 2
    Psychonauts
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Civilization 4
    Disciples 3 Renaissance
    Command & Conquer 4
    Metro 2033
    Street Fighter 4

Might look into Postal 2, looks like GTA on acid. anything else i should play? And what's a good racing game?

Burnout Paradise is a great one. And nice list.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dirt or GRID. Too bad you didnt have steam. A week ago you could get the THQ complete for 50 bucks including metro 2033 and tons of others.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    NationRed. Add that game, PC.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    For the PS2:

Gran Turismo 4 (racing)
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Those are staples of the console. They can't be ignored.
  • L33tzL33tz Regular
    edited July 2010
    Heres the games im gonna play

Oh wait theres nothing there.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    Dirt or GRID. Too bad you didnt have steam. A week ago you could get the THQ complete for 50 bucks including metro 2033 and tons of others.
    Crazzyass wrote: »
    Burnout Paradise is a great one. And nice list.

Will look into those. And I do have Steam, I just don't buy games I can pirate.

Pig wrote: »
    For the PS2:

Gran Turismo 4 (racing)
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Those are staples of the console. They can't be ignored.

MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever. But the list I have is entirely games I haven't played or started and never continued. That's kinda the point to play new games and not the same ones over and over again. Own the other 2, great games, nothing wrong with them. But I'm looking to play stuff that's new to me.

And i couldnt find anything about nationred.
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    Will look into those. And I do have Steam, I just don't buy games I can pirate.

MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever. But the list I have is entirely games I haven't played or started and never continued. That's kinda the point to play new games and not the same ones over and over again. Own the other 2, great games, nothing wrong with them. But I'm looking to play stuff that's new to me.

And i couldnt find anything about nationred.

battlefield bad company 1 is good
    though fallout 3 is mandatory
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    megaman wrote: »
    battlefield bad company 1 is good
    though fallout 3 is mandatory

Beat Fallout 3, didnt like it. and I might try bad company 2 if it can run on my computer.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    anno and its venice expansion for the pc if you like strategy games. Mafia is a good game. it will set you up for mafia 2 thats coming out next fall.