EA takes 'Taliban' out of Medal of Honor game

edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/10/ea_takes_taliban_out_of_medal.html
Electronic Arts' upcoming multiplayer combat simulation will still have you engaging in ground combat in Afghanistan. You'll still be able to play as the American side. But if you take the other side, you'll no longer go into battle as "the Taliban"; instead, you'll be the "Opposing Force."

FUCKING ASSHATS, CENSORING SHIT IS SO GAY.

I seriously want to raid these faggots.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Fuck, I WANT TO PLAY AS A FUCKING TALIBAN. Not the fucking opposing forces. This is bullshit.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Gay as hit. I was going to get this game just so I could play as the taliban:angry::angry: I refuse to get it now. Fuck censorship.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    WTS butthurt :mad:

jfk-reloaded.jpg
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    Will not buy. :mad:
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    It's not EA's fault, it's the fucking butthurt public.

EA's just summoned the flameshield to prevent those fuckers from bitching about playing as the Taliban.

It's been going on for a while. Didn't really expect them to go with it.
    edited October 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    It's not EA's fault, it's the fucking butthurt public.

EA's just summoned the flameshield to prevent those fuckers from bitching about playing as the Taliban.

It's been going on for a while. Didn't really expect them to go with it.

True but EA pisses me off for a few reasons.(Madden 11):angry::angry: So I'll take any opportunity to bash them. There also gonna start charging for used games if you want to play online.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    True but EA pisses me off for a few reasons.(Madden 11):angry::angry: So I'll take any opportunity to bash them. There also gonna start charging for used games if you want to play online.

That's capitalism for ya. The demand is there, so they'll capitalize on it as capitalists do :mad:
  • imawolfrawrimawolfrawr Acolyte
    edited October 2010

The same reason I'm pissed at ubisoft and thinking about not buying any of their games. Ubisoft wants to make it, for PC games, that you have to be connected to the internet or else you can't play. Sure there are cracks and bypasses for it, but it's the principle that they don't need to be doing it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    WTS butthurt :mad:

jfk-reloaded.jpg

This is a cool little game. I have a hacked version that still works without the server being up and still play it once in awhile.
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »

Hell yeah Ive got that installed. I love JFK reloaded but I usually just end up shooting the driver then shooting everyone else:o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2010
    ^^That's a real game?? :eek:

Yeah it was free to play but if you wanted to score you had to pay $10. But the idea was it was the digital ballistics were supposed to be dead on balls accurate and if anyone who paid the $10 could score a perfect 1000 points (in other words pull of the same three shots from the same angle with the same timing as the Warren Commission claimed Oswald did) they offered a $100,000 top prize. If you want I can put the hacked version up somewhere it is abandoned ware and entirely legal.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited October 2010
    That is such bullshit. I was actually looking forward to that game too. :/ I wish the public wasn't so sensitive. Who gives a fuck if its not politically correct.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2010
    There was a BBC news piece on this a few weeks ago. I personally don't understand how this is any different that all those WWI/WWII/Cold war/Vietnam games.

Every game has to have a foe. It's not a really game otherwise. It sounds like just a bunch of loud people getting offended for the sake of being offended.

How the fuck are you meant to play multi-player games without an opponent?

They say gamers have problems differentiating between fantasy and reality, it seem like non-gamers have a bigger problem with this concept.

EDIT: what they seem to have done is replace the word 'taliban' with "oposing force'. The fact that this placated people shows how dumb they are.
    edited October 2010
    There was a BBC news piece on this a few weeks ago. I personally don't understand how this is any different that all those WWI/WWII/Cold war/Vietnam games.

Every game has to have a foe. It's not a really game otherwise. It sounds like just a bunch of loud people getting offended for the sake of being offended.

How the fuck are you meant to play multi-player games without an opponent?

They say gamers have problems differentiating between fantasy and reality, it seem like non-gamers have a bigger problem with this concept.

It's just more stupid butthurt americunts which sadly is a large portion of our country. They say they love freedom but when it comes to a bad guy in a video game they get pissed and demand it to be censored. Hypocrite's is all they are. They don't realize that the taliban hates us because of our support for Israel instead they think were hated over there because were "free":facepalm: I swear neo cons are just as bad as democrat's.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited October 2010
    EA needs to grow a fucking spine, like Rockstar. when the public bitches tell them to STFU and deal with it.