Offering to host TOTSE

edited October 2010 in Help and Suggestions
If y'all are interested, I can host TOTSE so we can get it off these shitty servers. This would be professional hosting in a datacenter, not some shitty home server or anything retarded like that. I have some leftover space I'm not using and would be happy to donate it to TOTSE.

I've talked to Hellish and I can offer more than enough space/bandwidth for TOTSE's needs, so I figure the last step is to present it to y'all. If you think its a good idea, talk to your administrators.

Plus we would then have a server admin that's competent with internets. Just saying :thumbsup:

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the offer, sounds good from here. I just hope you're not going to steal TOTSE, sell it for scrap metal, and buy candy with your ill gotten gains :o
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    DO IT!

plz
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    I can vouch for Vineman, he is oldschool totse as fuck and loves the hell out of it, iz gud @ compters, and trustworthly and often super serious about everything.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    If it helps Totse, I honestly don't mind :)

EDIT: Btw are we sure this server can handle the Totse load Vineman?
  • edited October 2010
    I've never had any problems with my host, they've remained stable over the last few years I've been with them. As well, TOTSE is not terribly resource intensive (using only 31GB in July) so I should be able to cover whatever bandwidth it ends up pulling.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    Please do it. Altuhost needs to die.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Vineman wrote: »
    I've never had any problems with my host, they've remained stable over the last few years I've been with them. As well, TOTSE is not terribly resource intensive (using only 31GB in July) so I should be able to cover whatever bandwidth it ends up pulling.

Totse is a bit resource intensive, referring to the processor usage and DB :(
    edited October 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Totse is a bit resource intensive, referring to the processor usage and DB :(

Is it really that bad? I mean were still a relatively small forum for now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    Is it really that bad? I mean were still a relatively small forum for now.

Well, you have to consider will be adding a CMS and then forum would reopen some of its features and we even might try VBSEO!

It's better to ask these questions in advance than cry about these things later.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited October 2010
    DO IT :thumbsup:

Otherwise these constant downtimes are going to be the death of Totse. We need to make users to feel like we're not going anywhere, but at the moment Totse seems so unstable I sometimes wonder if it will ever come back online after a downtime.
    edited October 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    DO IT :thumbsup:

Otherwise these constant downtimes are going to be the death of Totse. We need to make users to feel like we're not going anywhere, but at the moment Totse seems so unstable I sometimes wonder if it will ever come back online after a downtime.

This is true. A lot of us on here are dedicated as shit to this place so we'll handle the downtimes but a lot of new users might get turned away. Same when we reddit threads only to have the site down when people try to visit them. I know it's still early for this site but this current host has to go.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Do it now?
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited October 2010
    I concur with this idea! Please do it soon, I am sick of the fail.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    NAO! :mad:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    DO IT ! :thumbsup:
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, fucking do that shit. I want stability, dammit!
  • edited October 2010
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited October 2010
    How much would a site like this cost per year for shit hot hosting?

I've got $1000 sitting pretty in the bank which is pretty much excess cash. I could do with a project to run.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    bumping because hellish doesnt give a fuck and you all need to help him get this fucking FREE hosting
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited October 2010
    He's usually on the IRC. Go bitch there.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    vineman asked him about it on irc and he refused to give any form of an answer. im also sure he doesnt know about this other guy offering hosting. this altuhost is some bullshit and i hope it gets solved.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited October 2010
    Hellish stop doing your Geometry homework and ANSWERRRRR
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Do it nao nao nao
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    just posting this link here as well, its an irc log i saved for future reference and laughs, scroll to the bottom for the tl;dr which pertains to this thread (im not trying to talk shit or cause forum drama i just saved both parts in one pastebin)

http://pastebin.com/4TLHYQQb
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2010
    I got an IDEA!
  • SpinnegeistSpinnegeist Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    If it's the same Viney he always was, then I say FULL STEAM AFUCKIN-HEAD.
  • edited October 2010
    Hellish seriously needs to get his ass in gear on this place isn't going anywhere :(