What's it like getting an interconnecting flight?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2010 in Life
So my trip to Austria got moved, and I will be there later on.
Was just wondering, as I am changing flights at Frankfurt, what is it like? Do you get herded off the plane and then wait at departures after going through customs etc all over again?

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited August 2010
    no ,no its not that bad as long as you don't leave the secure area you don't need to go through security again.At least thats the way it is in the U.S.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea, If its like the US, you get to enjoy the airport for a while, Eat, use bathrooms. The bathrooms at an airport near me have the Dyson Blades. OOOh so much fun.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    When I went to Argentina and Chile (great Countrys by the way) a few years ago I had to do this. It's not a big deal. Like others said you'll just have to chill at the airport for awhile. I'm not sure what it's like now though with all the new security they've implemented.
  • pookapooka New Arrival
    edited October 2010
    you get off the airplane then sit in the terminal for a while, sometimes they make you go to security again
  • pookapooka New Arrival
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    if you need to smoke, one of my favorite tricks is to find a secluded bathroom and smoke in the stall:D or bribe an employee to help you out;)

Some airports have smoking lounges for you to smoke in, so theres no need to be sneaky.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Well the flights were a cunt as delays meant I had 10 minutes to run through Frankfurt airport, get through security, immigration and then my gate was changed as they closed so I literally got through at the last second.

That said, cannabutter sandwiches and planes are an AMAZING combo.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited November 2010
    pooka wrote: »
    Some airports have smoking lounges for you to smoke in, so theres no need to be sneaky.

Was asbolutely hillarious in Moscow Vnukovo aiarport. As you step into the toilets, you see a bunch of guys with cigarettes, and a wall of smoke hits you. Everything's stained yellow, and everybody turns a blind eye.