so we got haxed

blindbatblindbat Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
yesterday Lol . discuss

Comments

• KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Click the FAQ link, after a quick google it looks like their Turkish hackers.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, and it'll keep happening. the administration is too inept to fix the vulnerabilities themselves. The administration also keeps advertising us aggressively all over the web.

Good combo. :facepalm:
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited October 2010
    People need to know about us so advertising is good. What we need is better security which comes with better hosting and active administrators or people with access so that this type of thing can be fixed faster.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited October 2010
    abrn wrote: »
    People need to know about us so advertising is good. What we need is better security which comes with better hosting and active administrators or people with access so that this type of thing can be fixed faster.

Oh for sure, advertising is fine. But advertising aggressively (read: ANNOYINGLY) online when our site is buggy and vulnerable is retarded. We're attracting attention, but not all of that attention is good. We're attracting the attention of people who want to destroy the site, and unlike zoklet or the olde totse (or even totse2) the admins of this site can't protect it.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2010
    Dfg bringin his muslim bullshit here once again. Damn it Dfg, we all laughed at 9/11 too!
  • CloverClover Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    I can help, unfortunately I'm simply not getting the resources I need to be able to fix a lot of this shit. The only thing I've ever gotten was an XML theme page which was jumbled up beyond fucking imagination. And they keep putting up the same page...maybe, you shouldn't re-put back up the vulnerable page. Bleh, I'm heading in IRC to have a chat and see what's going on, I really do want to help.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    I miss Mr.Hunter....

This.

I thought we were strong. The FAQ always always had that statement that, "all attempts by others to harm totse has failed".
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    enough fucking herp derp. Motion creates emotion, let's fucking organise ourselves.