Trolling is becoming a trend.

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Now when I log on Facebook, or even in real life, I'll hear people talk about "trolling" and these people have never even seen a forum. They have no idea what they are talking about and it really bothers me.

The average person thinks that "trolling" is basically just being a jackass on the internet. One of the more popular methods I see is friends gaining access to other friends Facebook pages and posting...just stupid shit, with less than 5 seconds of thought put into it.

Trolling is something that is supposed to be mastered, something that takes practice. A good troll can be admired. I see trolling as blatantly lying in a very rude and obscene manner to stir up a reaction from people, usually a bad one, for the trolls amusement. Not just getting on Facebook and saying "lolololololol SoAndSo likes dicks he's so gay lolololol fucking trolled bro lolllllll" It's fucking annoying. But hey, then again, they could just be trolling me huh? I wish.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    I agree, even I say something simple people just don't get. I wondered how many times I trolled ahem people. Trolling should come naturally to you or at least when you're trolling try to play the part.
  • edited November 2010
    I've also been seeing an increase of people who leave their facebook on at a friends house, only to have their friend come along and post a retarded status, and THEN claim that they "hacked" his facebook... This shit annoys me so much, its not fucking hacking. Its an embarrassment.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited November 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've also been seeing an increase of people who leave their facebook on at a friends house, only to have their friend come along and post a retarded status, and THEN claim that they "hacked" his facebook... This shit annoys me so much, its not fucking hacking. Its an embarrassment.
    It's not trolling either, it's just jackasses being jackasses.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, and me making an attempt to actually troll (however lame the attempt may be, I don't do it very often)

The status is what prompted this thread, and the comment is my troll attempt. Before this status there were two more posted: both stating something to do with trolling.
    trollxk.jpg
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited November 2010
    Bring back the good ole days; none of this web2.0 bullshit which is accessible to all.

And then there are talks of a 2 tiered internet, favouring this bullshit... It makes me weap.
  • edited November 2010
    Hahaha, that was a good troll from you. Screenshot someone taking the bait.
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha, that was a good troll from you. Screenshot someone taking the bait.
    I will if someone does, the guy knows me too well to think I was being serious, but some of his friends might grab on. It's really late right now though so probably nothing will happen until tomorrow.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited November 2010
    Pretty much...every internet trend or meme eventually becomes trendy to every teenage girl and emo fuck. It'll pass, but not before we're very, very tired of it.
    edited November 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    Pretty much...every internet trend or meme eventually becomes trendy to every teenage girl and emo fuck. It'll pass, but not before we're very, very tired of it.

I couldn't have said this any better. It's like epic and fail. A year ago they were acceptable terms on the internet..now their just fucking annoying because every single fucking person uses them to describe fucking everything.

"I just walked my dog down the street. He took an EPIC shit on my neighbors lawn LOL"

"Oh man, I was leaning back in my chair, lost balance, and fell backwards! FAIL LOL!"

"My mom ran to the bathroom to puke because she couldn't handle the giant load I blew in her mouth! EPIC FAIL LOL!!!"
  • edited November 2010
    Shit, some people still look at lolcats and fucking laugh. Or they take some overused meme which they don't even understand, and laugh at it. ARHGHGHGHGHGH
    edited November 2010
    Shit, some people still look at lolcats and fucking laugh. Or they take some overused meme which they don't even understand, and laugh at it. ARHGHGHGHGHGH

Hey, hey, I still laugh at some lolcats :mad:
  • Hellz-FuryHellz-Fury Regular
    edited November 2010
    I see fucking kids on the street talk about trolling, almost every week.

This shit is starting to get ridiculous.

IRL Trolling...:facepalm:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Trolling used to be an art.

Now we have faggots like fagcino and failface on the internet, and kids who play DOTA and WoW both on and off the internet :facepalm:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    Your all faggots for using facebook in the first place. I don't need facebook. If I want to talk to people IRL I use a phone.
  • edited November 2010
    trolling is a art bro
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited November 2010
    Now when I log on Facebook, or even in real life, I'll hear people talk about "trolling" and these people have never even seen a forum. They have no idea what they are talking about and it really bothers me.

The average person thinks that "trolling" is basically just being a jackass on the internet. One of the more popular methods I see is friends gaining access to other friends Facebook pages and posting...just stupid shit, with less than 5 seconds of thought put into it.

Trolling is something that is supposed to be mastered, something that takes practice. A good troll can be admired. I see trolling as blatantly lying in a very rude and obscene manner to stir up a reaction from people, usually a bad one, for the trolls amusement. Not just getting on Facebook and saying "lolololololol SoAndSo likes dicks he's so gay lolololol fucking trolled bro lolllllll" It's fucking annoying. But hey, then again, they could just be trolling me huh? I wish.
    So, you JUST noticed this? Welcome to 2004, bro.
    13579 wrote: »
    By this logic trolling will eventually come to a complete end. Mayhaps you're right, actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see trolling stop, and only the best of the best still doing it.
    I couldn't have said this any better. It's like epic and fail. A year ago they were acceptable terms on the internet..now their just fucking annoying because every single fucking person uses them to describe fucking everything.

"I just walked my dog down the street. He took an EPIC shit on my neighbors lawn LOL"

"Oh man, I was leaning back in my chair, lost balance, and fell backwards! FAIL LOL!"

"My mom ran to the bathroom to puke because she couldn't handle the giant load I blew in her mouth! EPIC FAIL LOL!!!"
    Terrible example. EPIC has been around for a VERY long time, then the internet got a hold of it. :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    ^ U trollin bro
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited November 2010
    ^ U trollin bro

I've almost never trolled.
    edited November 2010

Helladamnleet is obviously above that sort of childish nonsense.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited November 2010
    obama-smoking.jpg
    One of the greatest IRL trolls of our time. :cool:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't have a facebook but i was on my girlfriends FB so i could message a friend of ours and i was looking at people's walls and i saw at least 3 /b/ memes :facepalm: i guarantee that half of them don't know what /b/ is. I saw something about the game and i just logged off :facepalm:

You did the right thing and I'm pretty sure it's the best way to stay sane.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010

No your just a whiny little bitch.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    I consider myself a good troll. Evidence, View page two too.