We owe the government thousands of dollars

Comments

• SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited November 2010
    lol, there's no such thing as a gazillion dollars. What is that ridiculous thing and how am I responsible for $40,000 of it?

I think everybody who voted for Obama should have to pay that shit off.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    That's trillion, not gazillion.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    It's not how much each person owes the government. It's just that if the government does divide the debt over the entire population, that's how much debt would be placed onto each person.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Well who the hell is going to pay this off? A decade ago our debt was 5 trillion, three years ago our debt was 9 trillion, now it's 13 trillion. What the fucking fuck?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    This is what happens when niggers run the government:facepalm:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    This is what happens when niggers run the government:facepalm:

Niggers like bush?
  • edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Niggers like bush?

Starting the problem isn't a big deal apparently. Nobody gives a shit that the policies of Clinton (When he gave into the republican congress) and Bush and the like laid the framework for this sort of disaster.

I love how fickle Americans are. The way they voted in the midterms tells me that when these congressmen fail to fix the problem in a couple weeks and totally reverse the recession, they'll turn on them as well.

Then again, they're fucking amazing at PR. But I suppose that can only go so far. We'll see.
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Niggers like bush?

Yes. He spent money and cut taxes for the wealthy and helped cause this. So did Clinton however. Our politicians only care about themselves and protecting the corporations who donate to them.

They all need to be shot but Obama is just as bad if not worse. Look at this guy living like a king and spending like crazy only to punish the middle class by freezing pay raises for federal workers and ramping up war in the middle east while also vowing to protect the illegitimate government of South Korea so yet another war may be coming.
    edited December 2010
    yes wel he did maik a bbal cort at teh wite hows!
  • SlappySlappy Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    That's trillion, not gazillion.

Might as well be, none of it actually exists.
    edited December 2010
    Slappy wrote: »
    Might as well be, none of it actually exists.

If china decides to suddenly call us on it and demand payment you can bet your ass that money will NEED to exist and quick if we dont want to completely collapse. That money is very real and thats the problem.
    edited December 2010
  • stresstres Regular
    edited December 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's not how much each person owes the government. It's just that if the government does divide the debt over the entire population, that's how much debt would be placed onto each person.

My Eco lecturer mentioned last sem that the derivatives market prior the GFC was equivilant to $100,000,000 p/every single person on earth...

If thats true I'm just slightly concerned that nobody else in the theater thought much of it :confused: