Why WikiLeaks Is Winning Its Info War

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm starting to see the method in his madness. :eek:
There was a time when WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's voluntary surrender to the British authorities might have put an end to the crisis created by the Internet provocateur's dissemination of tens of thousands of state secrets. But in the upside-down world of transnational crowdsourcing unleashed by WikiLeaks, in which thousands of activists around the globe can be rallied to defend and extend its work, Assange's arrest is a win, not a loss, for his organization.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2035817,00.html#ixzz17c4H1PTc

Comments

• edited December 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'm starting to see the method in his madness. :eek:

They won the second that the government got mad.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    Wikileaks is the first form of press with no direct state to govern it. I find it funny and sad that a country who's number one rule is its own freedom of speech is the main one pissed off about all this. I think Assange probably knows what he is doing and foresaw this happening. If the US tries to find some way to charge him with some bullshit accusations there is sure to be an uproar. Wikileaks is how news should be, no truths withheld.
  • edited December 2010
    Wikileaks is the first form of press with no direct state to govern it. I find it funny and sad that a country who's number one rule is its own freedom of speech is the main one pissed off about all this. I think Assange probably knows what he is doing and foresaw this happening. If the US tries to find some way to charge him with some bullshit accusations there is sure to be an uproar. Wikileaks is how news should be, no truths withheld.

Fucking this.

There's no doubt about the uproar, shit's going to hit the fan whatever happens.
  • edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Fucking this.

There's no doubt about the uproar, shit's going to hit the fan whatever happens.

Do you really think that anything big will happen?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    No one gives a shit.

This "free information" maelstrom will be over before January starts.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2010
    As someone said earlier, as soon as the US government got mad they lost because they became the oppressors. A good discrediting of the data and a few strategic assassinations would have served them better.

Also, the media wants the leaks for their news and they are very weary of any laws that curtail the 'freedom of the press', so they are letting people form informed opinions by generally being unbiased.

but as for the 'internet war' thing, it'll come and go whenever anything interesting happens with wikileaks and it may possibly serve to focus public attention on all the services that caved into US pressure and shame them into doing the right thing.
  • edited December 2010
    The government is acting so fucking stupid on this one. Call his goddamn bluff, he's going to release the "insurance" file so kill him, his whole family, and the families of everyone else involved with Wikileaks to discourage such actions in the future. Then when the UN comes crying, tell them to deal with it and walk the fuck away. But no because of liberals.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    The government is acting so fucking stupid on this one. Call his goddamn bluff, he's going to release the "insurance" file so kill him, his whole family, and the families of everyone else involved with Wikileaks to discourage such actions in the future. Then when the UN comes crying, tell them to deal with it and walk the fuck away. But no because of liberals.

I like wikileaks because it's humiliating Obama but your right. America has become a pussified fucking nation. The fact that in WW2 we managed to beat the fucking Axis powers in a few years but it's taking over 10 years to defeat some ragheads with AK's is evidence of this.

We can't even fight a proper war anymore and they wont even come down hard on some hacker from Australia. America is doomed bro. We went from presidents like FDR and Reagan to Bill Clintons and Obama's.:facepalm: Can you imagine if we had Obama when the japs hit pearl harbor? We'd be speaking German or Japanese right now.
  • edited December 2010
    I like wikileaks because it's humiliating Obama but your right. America has become a pussified fucking nation. The fact that in WW2 we managed to beat the fucking Axis powers in a few years but it's taking over 10 years to defeat some ragheads with AK's is evidence of this.

We can't even fight a proper war anymore and they wont even come down hard on some hacker from Australia. America is doomed bro. We went from presidents like FDR and Reagan to Bill Clintons and Obama's.:facepalm: Can you imagine if we had Obama when the japs hit pearl harbor? We'd be speaking German or Japanese right now.

This is why you need to support my campaign.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited December 2010
    they wont even come down hard on some hacker from Australia.

australia.jpg
    edited December 2010
    This is why you need to support my campaign.

I'll support it. Hell I was reading today about George bush Sr and how this motherfucker was at the time the youngest navy fighter pilot. He got shot down in WW2 at chichi Jima. While his plane was on fire he goes on to complete the attack then bails out miles from the island and waits for hours in a raft before the navy picked him up. He was a serious bad ass yet we have libtards today talking shit about him. Thats a real man unlike this pussy former community organizer/lawyer Obama. We gotta stop the pussification of America.

Edit: BTW Australia should be kissing our ass for saving them from a potential Japanese invasion.
  • edited December 2010
    I'll support it. Hell I was reading today about George bush Sr and how this motherfucker was at the time the youngest navy fighter pilot. He got shot down in WW2 at chichi Jima. While his plane was on fire he goes on to complete the attack then bails out miles from the island and waits for hours in a raft before the navy picked him up. He was a serious bad ass yet we have libtards today talking shit about him. Thats a real man unlike this pussy former community organizer/lawyer Obama. We gotta stop the pussification of America.

Edit: BTW Australia should be kissing our ass for saving them from a potential Japanese invasion.

The perfect picture for this:
    8MM0X.jpg
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    ^lol he's wearing a prototype snuggie :o:o:o:o:o
    edited December 2010
    The perfect picture for this:
    8MM0X.jpg

This somes it up perfectly. A part of me believes America deserves this for electing that faggot. Keep in mind if he wasn't a nigger he wouldn't have won. He literally got elected so guilt ridden whites could say they voted for the first nigger president:facepalm:
  • edited December 2010
    This somes it up perfectly. A part of me believes America deserves this for electing that faggot. Keep in mind if he wasn't a nigger he wouldn't have won. He literally got elected so guilt ridden whites could say they voted for the first nigger president:facepalm:

LOLNOPE he won 92% of the black vote, he was clearly the better candidate and their voting wasn't influenced by race at all. :rolleyes: Can you imagine the cries from idiots like JAA and this new libtarded relativist pissant if McCain had gotten 92% of the white vote?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    McCain was too old and not the right candidate. Dude should have worked on being president in the 90s.
  • edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    McCain was too old and not the right candidate. Dude should have worked on being president in the 90s.

So old he just destroyed Glassman for yet another term.
    P.S. I voted for him in this last one, u mad?
    edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    no u?

kinda
    edited December 2010
    sory to heer that :o
  • edited December 2010
    LOLNOPE he won 92% of the black vote, he was clearly the better candidate and their voting wasn't influenced by race at all. :rolleyes: Can you imagine the cries from idiots like JAA and this new libtarded relativist pissant if McCain had gotten 92% of the white vote?

If McCain had been the first white president in American history, I bet we'd have had a similar situation.
  • edited December 2010
    If McCain had been the first white president in American history, I bet we'd have had a similar situation.

The first elected white president got 53.4% of the vote, and that was a whites only election. Your argument is invalid and stupid.
  • edited December 2010
    The first elected white president got 53.4% of the vote, and that was a whites only election. Your argument is invalid and stupid.

Obviously that is a different situation.

What I meant was, hypothetically, if whites and blacks traded places in history and American presidents had all been black, that the first white presidential candidate would receive a large proportion of the white vote on election day, the same way that the first black candidate with a shot at president won most of the black vote.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2010

So are you saying that if reporters had gotten their hands on all of the Manhattan Project documentation in the 40's they should have published it?
  • edited December 2010
    Obviously that is a different situation.

What I meant was, hypothetically, if whites and blacks traded places in history and American presidents had all been black, that the first white presidential candidate would receive a large proportion of the white vote on election day, the same way that the first black candidate with a shot at president won most of the black vote.

RACISM IS OK unless you're white.
    edited December 2010
    So are you saying that if reporters had gotten their hands on all of the Manhattan Project documentation in the 40's they should have published it?

Yes.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes.

If you love transparency so much post your real name, SSN, address, and DOB right here. I'm waiting.
    edited December 2010
    Jason Derulo
    510-12-9995
    730 Parkson Ave.
    San Jose, California
    03-18-1983
  • edited December 2010
    RACISM IS OK unless you're white.

I wasn't saying that at all.
    Jason Derulo
    510-12-9995
    730 Parkson Ave.
    San Jose, California
    03-18-1983

lulz if real.
    edited December 2010
    Transparency, bitches.
  • edited December 2010
    Jason Derulo
    510-12-9995
    730 Parkson Ave.
    San Jose, California
    03-18-1983

What state were you born in bruh
    inb4 you look it up
    also lol@fake addy
    edited December 2010
    Enjoy my dox, nigga. :o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2010
    Yes.
    If you love transparency so much post your real name, SSN, address, and DOB right here. I'm waiting.
    Jason Derulo
    510-12-9995
    730 Parkson Ave.
    San Jose, California
    03-18-1983

If this is real you are now officially fucked.
    edited December 2010
    i dun care
  • edited December 2010
    there is no Parkson avenue in San Jose California