What are you eating for breakfest?

duuudeduuude Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
Today I'm cooking my usual maple sausage and eggs. I plan on making a sandwich out of both of them.

I really like any kind of sausage and eggs but it gets kind of old cooking the same stuff every morning. Anybody know some quick and easy alternatives??

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    I just made some cinnamon french toast a few minutes ago.
  • edited January 2011
    Absolutely nothing unfortunately :( I woke up too late and I didn't have time to eat anything, so I bought a couple of chicken thighs at the hot-food counter and ate them instead. Currently drinking Mountain Dew and going to eat a couple of sandwiches soon.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing unfortunately :( I woke up too late and I didn't have time to eat anything, so I bought a couple of chicken thighs at the hot-food counter and ate them instead. Currently drinking Mountain Dew and going to eat a couple of sandwiches soon.

Chicken thighs have got to be the oddest selection of quick breakfast food I've ever heard of.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    lol Chicken is good for any time.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited January 2011
    Grilled cheese, grilled chee-ee-ee-eese
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    For the last three days or so I've been eating this in the morning:
    l92269-1.jpg

It's called cahuamanta; basically a seafood soup. Basically it's manta ray meat with a bunch of other shit.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    This morning i had.
    1 Monster
    1/2 a Large bag of Dorritos
    and a Dr.pepper.
    Breakfast of Champions
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    l92269-1.jpg

It's called cahuamanta; basically a seafood soup. Basically it's manta ray meat with a bunch of other shit.

shit looks wicked. mothafucka, im having cinnamon rolls tmrw.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck you man I can't decide if that looks good or horrible.

I hardly ever eat breakfast but when I have time I make pancakes with a cinnamon, apple and brown sugar sauce/syrup.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    It looks like shit but tastes amazing. Here's a description and another pic:
    Cahuamanta is a soup that is unique to the state of Sonora. It was made with turtle in the past, but when turtle meat ended up on the endangered species list, manta ray took its place. The name of this dish is a combination of the old and new.Mirta makes a heavenly soup, amply flavored with natural seafood flavors.As a bonus, the caguamanta comes with aleta(tuna fin), gelatinous and buttery bits thrown in for textural enhancement.Their flavor is mild.

cagua_aleta.JPG

They are an epic hangover cure as well.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    So is it made with fish stock or what? It seems like it might be a little too...seafood-y for me. :confused:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know the exact recipe because it tends to vary a lot. Dunno, it's really good, but it's more of a regional recipe though. It's pretty much a street food around these parts.
  • edited January 2011
    Quick breakfast foods...

Making eggs benedict isn't actually that hard. The hardest part is poaching the eggs. And it's SO good. Try it sometime.

French toast is easy.

Homemade oatmeal is good. You can put so many different things in it. Like your dick if you're feeling frisky.

None of that is much harder or more time consuming than cooking sausage.
  • edited January 2011
    Quick breakfast foods...

Making eggs benedict isn't actually that hard. The hardest part is poaching the eggs. And it's SO good. Try it sometime.

We can has "how to"?
    A how to for that one has been on my to do list for a while, it is a great dish to impress your friends with, and is quite easy once you get the hollandaise method down. It is also easy to come up with variations for, like "Eggs Blackstone" with dry cured bacon and fried tomatoes. So bang up a method if you have the inclination, or I will get to it eventually.

C/O
    "Breakfast, not for me, the 78 seconds between dragging my hungover ass out of bed and getting out the door leaves little room for breakfast"
  • edited January 2011
    It looks like shit but tastes amazing. Here's a description and another pic:

cagua_aleta.JPG

They are an epic hangover cure as well.

That looks awesome, do you know of a recipe or even a name for the Mexican tripe and hot pepper soup that is also known as a classic hangover remedy? My favorite hangover breakfast on days off is Pho, a Vietnamese soup consisting of anise scented broth, rice noodles, an a kitchen sink full of various other goodies. I like the Hue style in particular, it is spicy, and should have a big cube of congealed blood on top, if you can get that into you on a weak stomach, the rest of your day is easy.

C/O
    "soup for breakfast, burger for lunch, beer for dinner"
  • edited January 2011
    We can has "how to"?
    A how to for that one has been on my to do list for a while, it is a great dish to impress your friends with, and is quite easy once you get the hollandaise method down. It is also easy to come up with variations for, like "Eggs Blackstone" with dry cured bacon and fried tomatoes. So bang up a method if you have the inclination, or I will get to it eventually.

C/O
    "Breakfast, not for me, the 78 seconds between dragging my hungover ass out of bed and getting out the door leaves little room for breakfast"

Honestly I'm too much of a lazy prick to put together an eggs benedict recipe. I'm sure google has plenty and I'd love to see yours. If I'm bored one day I'll make a how-to on how I do them. I put proscuitto and avocado on mine.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    l92269-1.jpg

That looks great and I bet it tastes even better.

This morning I had pizza - I got one for lunch yesterday at work and left two slices. Couple of minutes in the microwave when I got into the office and I was set for the day.

C/O, I think I have seen that recipe in one of the books I have - I will have a look for it, it definatly rings a bell.

Edit: The thing I read was a Turkish dish - tripes boiled and served in their own stock with lemon juice, salt and chilli powder. It was more allude to than a recipe. Used to be a brilliant tripe shop in the city next to me, but as tripe eaters (old people) die, customer base got smaller and it closed. They used to have lots of different tripe. Shame.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Homemade oatmeal is good. You can put so many different things in it. Like your dick if you're feeling frisky.

I lol'd.

Today I was really tired and lazy so I just heated up 2 ham & cheese hot pockets in the microwave. They were delicious.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    That looks awesome, do you know of a recipe or even a name for the Mexican tripe and hot pepper soup that is also known as a classic hangover remedy? My favorite hangover breakfast on days off is Pho, a Vietnamese soup consisting of anise scented broth, rice noodles, an a kitchen sink full of various other goodies. I like the Hue style in particular, it is spicy, and should have a big cube of congealed blood on top, if you can get that into you on a weak stomach, the rest of your day is easy.

C/O
    "soup for breakfast, burger for lunch, beer for dinner"

Yeah, I think you're refering to "menudo".

Here's a copypasta recipe as I probably couldn't make it even if my life depended on it:
    A large saucepan (see note below)
    1 calf's foot (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
    2 pounds honeycomb tripe
    1 large onion
    3 cloves garlic, peeled
    6 peppercorns
    2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
    4 quarts of water
    A comal or griddle
    3 large chiles anchos
    A spice grinder
    A large chile poblano, peeled or 2 canned, peeled green chiles
    The calf's foot
    1/2 cup canned hominy (1 pound) drained (see note below)
    Salt as necessary
    1 scant teaspoon oregano

Have the butcher cut the calf's foot into four pieces. Cut the tripe into small squares. Put them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, or until the tripe and foot are just tender but not too soft. Meanwhile, toast the chilies well. Slit them open and remove the seeds and veins from the chile poblano, cut it into strips, and add to the meat while it is cooking. Remove the pieces of calf's foot from the pen, and when they are cool enough to handle, strip off the fleshy parts. Chop them roughly and return them to the pan.

Add hominy and continue cooking the menudo slowly, still uncovered, for another 2 hours.

Add salt as necessary. Sprinkle with oregano and serve (see note below).

This amount is sufficient for 7 or 8 people. It should be served in large, deep bowls with hot tortillas and small dishes of chopped chile serranos, finely chopped onion and wedges of lime for each person to help himself, along with Salsa de Tomate Verde Cruda to be eaten with tortillas.

It's usually consumed heavily during christmas time and works great those holiday mornings.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I didnt eat breakfast today :(
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, I think you're refering to "menudo".

Here's a copypasta recipe as I probably couldn't make it even if my life depended on it:

It's usually consumed heavily during christmas time and works great those holiday mornings.

Thats the stuff:hai::hai:, I had it a couple of times back when there was a really authentic Mexican restaurant in our area. Calves foot and hominy should be fun to hunt for! Thanks.

C/O
    "LOL Menudo"
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited January 2011
    cereal simple and good
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited January 2011
    2 weetabix, yoghurt, herbal tea, is my usual breakfast these last few months. Before then it was coffee and choccy digestives.
  • edited January 2011
    I managed to get out of bed early enough to have some breakfast this morning, and I feel great for it. Too bad I'm shattered from a bad night's sleep, but eh - you can't win them all.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited January 2011
    Apple and banana.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    l92269-1.jpg

HOLLLLY FUCK I HOPE YOU DIE>

And then give me that bowl. And then the pot.

My god that looks amazinz. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regardless. My breakfast was try peach/cream oatmeal in my mouth.
    Yes fuck you. I have a real job and not much time aside from work/booze/reddit/sleep/belair.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    I had porridge and honey for breakfast than climbed a fell range.. Then made y self some soup at the top..
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Pan de bono and coffee.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited January 2011
    Croissant with butter/jam and an apple.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    I made pancakes this morning. They were the shit@!
  • edited January 2011
    I had split pea soup with a slice of leftover pizza cut up on top. As well as being tasty, it has given me ripping farts all day, not stinkers, but a 10/10 for quantity.

C/O
    "brrrreeeeppppp"
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited January 2011
    When I get up in about 10 hours, I'll probably have a microwave pizza or 3.
  • edited January 2011
    I totally missed my breakfast today, just so I could rush into college. When I arrived at college, it appears that I don't have any classes today and so I don't even need to be here :facepalm:

So, I'm going home shortly and eating the fuck out of some awesome breakfast.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    At the moment coffee, I think I may go and make some toast with a bit of marmalade on..
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    My default go-to breakfast is ham/bacon and fried eggs on granary toast, with garlic, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. I've got fried eggs down to a fine art.

I also love dumping a tin of tuna in a hot pan with butter and black pepper, cracking a couple of eggs over it and mixing it up 'til the eggs are cooked, then slapping it into a couple of soft white rolls. Onions are a great addition when I can be bothered.

I tend to eat breakfast late, like at lunchtime, and after a workout so I like to pack in a lot of protein. Another staple is a lazy omelette, just tip whatever meat and vegetables I fancy into a pan with some seasoning and crack some eggs over it, then smoosh it around 'til cooked. Doesn't look great but it tastes good.

Today was an unusual one, I had toasted ciabatta bread with Indian lamb (leftover from a buff Sunday roast), cheese, jalapeno hummus and nice crisps. Felt like something different and rooted around in the fridge, basically.