Moderator Selection Process/Policy Making

2»

Comments

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Actually I was a mod here when totse.info first began (In the Flora and Fauna section, lol). I was demodded because I rarely logged in here back then, but I pretty much expected that.

I really don't mind if I'm a mod or not as long as I can post whatever I want. After all, that was what totse was all about: freedom of speech.

Here I can say wires is a cunt, Zok is a nigger, Dfg is a camel-fucking coprophile, Hellish is a gaywad and all that, without getting banned or getting other people butthurt. If someone offered me a mod position, I'd agree but I would probably only be here for a couple of hours a day now. Anyway, my point is, all I need is a place where I can go in on the internet that's neither the same boring bullshit we see everyday, and where I can talk and exchange opinions and stuff with people from around the world with various interests and help me understand more about this world we live in; a world which I will hopefully stop loathing so much thanks to all the people here that have their own stories and legends.

@DaGuru: As for Rodent, I remember he was an avid poster in a lot of sections and shit, but slowly turned into a bitter bitchfest of a user. I really don't care what he (or anyone else for that matter) would think of me, especially considering that most of you live thousands of miles away and I'll probably never meet you in real life. I think he did or does think highly or something of me; however whatever he thinks is his opinion.

Anyway, no matter how twisted, old, gay (well not really), etc, I'd probably have a couple of brewskis with most of you fucks and try to have a good time should we meet.
  • edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    I can talk and exchange opinions and stuff with people from around the world with various interests and help me understand more about this world we live in; a world which I will hopefully stop loathing so much thanks to all the people here that have their own stories and legends.

When you find that place.....could you PM me the details, because you ALMOST described Totse except for the Barbie Dolls and fail trolls that for some reason a lot of you insist HAS to be "part" of that experience. :thumbsdown:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    When you find that place.....could you PM me the details, because you ALMOST described Totse except for the Barbie Dolls and fail trolls that for some reason a lot of you insist HAS to be "part" of that experience. :thumbsdown:

Well, for starters the real totse is DEAD. Also, there were hundreds of trolls and faggotry back then. Remember the huge page stretching spam attacks? The ever so stupid and childish yet incredible funny clone thread spams? It was a good site but like any other place in the internet it had trolling and stupid shit that ranged from horribly lame to incredibly fucking funny. There's no such thing as perfection, so keep that in mind. For the most part, it was a good experience and place in the web.
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    If they offered you a mod position?? You mean to tell me they haven't as yet? And here I thought they were only rewarding members who actually contributed interesting shit to the boards to read. And yet here you are, with a fine posting history of contributions, and....

... huh... that IS really weird. Not saying there's some hypocritical jackasses afoot out there who say one thing and then DON'T do another... but hey... really weird nonetheless. ;)

I wouldn't call it too weird. As a matter of fact I rarely create threads, not here, not on totse, not on zoklet; I just respond to them in whatever manner I seemed fitting, so long it was my own personal opinion on the subject, wether it be a well formulated and detailed response or something simple like "lulz".

Again, I don't really care if I'm a mod or not. There's too much shit on my mind and personal life right now to be worried about a simple moderator position on the web.

Hell, I'm 24, I'm pretty much an alcoholic, these days I've been surviving on a brutal and measly (kinda fun though) job which consists on killing trees and unrooting them the fuck out (not to sound arrogant but c'mon, I'm fully billingual, I'm a computer systems engineer, I'm pretty much more knowledable, literate and smart that most of my peers), which I'm doing out of necesity, and I'm trying to improve my life right now.

So yeah, becoming a mod here or anywhere is the least of my concerns.

/personalrant
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    I think that because Jeff Hunter got bored, and with all these other forums and new shit on the internet, forums like totse are a dying breed. During the final days it was slow, low traffic... I guess Jeff "killed" it in the same way you would kill an old dog that's suffering and has been your companion for years.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lulz, yeah I totally forgot about the closed regs. There have always been corrupt people anywhere, all the time. Power corrupts sometimes, you know?
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    Apparently!

Stop being such a fucking queen. Pretty please?:)
  • edited January 2011
    Stop being such a fucking queen. Pretty please?:)

Could you please explain your signature to me? Like why???????
    edited January 2011
    Could you please explain your signature to me? Like why???????

I wasn't talking to you buddy, I was talking to Spec....oh wait.

Just kidding.

Why did I put that in my signature? Its just beats I play around with, one of my hobbies.
  • edited January 2011
    Why did I put that in my signature? Its just beats I play around with, one of my hobbies.

What is different from that track, then what any 9 year old could do with a homemade synth?
    edited January 2011
    You know, Dfg is just being like this with me because he's sour that I stuck with Zoklet after he left in disgust of the administration there. He thinks I should have left at the same time, and he thinks I should have fully supported this "remake" of Totse when he did. The problem for me there was two-fold: my aim was to try and keep the actual contributors in one place, and not to have them divided like they are now, and since most of them were already at Zoklet, they were already acclimated to there, and the other issue was that the platform here was so unstable as to be ridiculous. If you can't even get a stable platform up and running, then you shouldn't even be trying to get members. The platform should be up and stable, and THEN the invites go out. And look what happened... all the contributions which were made when the platform was unstable were lost. It just didn't make sense to commit to a community which couldn't even hang onto its contributions. Once the platform became stable, then it was just a matter of finding out what the mission statement really is here, and I think I've pretty well found that out in the last few days. So did a lot of other people.

Well, sorry it didn't work out for ya, hope you pop in and contribute once in a while.
    edited January 2011
    What is different from that track, then what any 9 year old could do with a homemade synth?

Well for starters, sequencing. Thats how you arrange all of the samples and audio clips into a cohesive mass. Before you get to that point though you have to have some basic things like a sample library, that requires memory. I don't think I've seen any DIY synths that have a working programmable computer, guess I could be wrong though. Also drums, if you have a breakbeat you want to slice up into individual hits, it helps to have a program that will do it for you, or an audio editor, like Soundforge so you can manually slice the waveforms. Then of course there are the effects you want to apply to many seperate mixer channels so you can control them individually and EQ everything to taste. I don't need to mention a homemade synth isn't going to have mixer right? Or assignable controllable effects. Shit I'm sure I've left some things out.......automation, thats a big one...

Anyway, now that we've established you don't know what you are talking about do you have any other questions?
    edited January 2011
    I use Audacity. It's a nice little program I cracked.

You sure you are talking about Audacity? I think its free, although I might be wrong, I've never tried to download it.
    edited January 2011
    Audacity is shareware. Most of the functions are disabled unless you crack it like a can.

Oh. You actually making legit recordings of your band now? I remember one you posted on Zoklet a loooooong time ago but it was recorded on a cell phone or something.:)
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Here is some recordings I made on an H2Zoom and put through Audacity...

http://www.box.net/shared/vnm5uz6poh

Hmm I gotta admit I am enjoying the symphony of destruction cover so far.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    After reading replies of Spectral mostly I just want to nuke the fucking world. They say it's hard to follow things but fuck thanks to the bitch fest and constant input of spectral this thread turned into nothing but shit. Except for vohzd I don't think there is anything redeemable about this thread.

When I asked you to create a thread I was hoping you will start fresh but noooo, it's the same old format.

Spectral do us a favor and focus on posting and leave the Administration part to us :).
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I just want to nuke the fucking world.

What are you waiting for? Your country has nukes :D
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Never thought you'd turn into a thin-skinned puke a day late and a dollar short who has to make his arguments with a control panel, just like the rest of them. Then again, surprises happen, right shithead?

What the fuck are you on about now faggot?
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Never thought you'd turn into a thin-skinned puke a day late and a dollar short who has to make his arguments with a control panel, just like the rest of them. Then again, surprises happen, right shithead?

What the fuck are you smoking? Jenkem joints? I was talking about my love of nuclear explosions and how I'm a mysanthropist that wants to nuke the entire planet for the lulz. I mean, look at my fucking avatar ffs.

That respond had nothing to do with your whole dramafest on this site. lrn2read Speccy boy.