Tyson crispy chicken tenders

timtim Acolyte
edited February 2011 in Life
Anyone ever tried these? They're frozen chicken breast tenders that are already fully cooked. You either microwave them, put them in the oven, or throw 'em in the deep fryer and they are ready within minutes.

By far the best way to cook them is in the deep fryer... and after they're done serve them with a bit of homemade honey mustard. Bout 3 or 4 of them and a side of those frozen "fast food fries" or whatever seasoned with seasoning salt w ketchup and you got yourself a fucking munchies cure, son. :thumbsup:

edit: dammit now i'm hungry and i'm out of chicken and fries......

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I pretty much make those same exact things for lunch every other day. I prefer Banquet over Tyson though..

Oh yeah I fuckin love honey mustard too. :thumbsup:
  • timtim Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Yeah I pretty much make those same exact things for lunch every other day. I prefer Banquet over Tyson though..

Oh yeah I fuckin love honey mustard too. :thumbsup:

shit I've been making this chicken every day for the past week bc i think i've become addicted. they've been in our freezer for like a month now but I just noticed them and found out how tasty they are.

and i might try banquet. Only reason I've liked tyson so much is that after they've been thoroughly deep fried the breading is so crunchy its like a cracker.

honey mustard is the bomb.... ive been perfecting my own recipe, right now its mustard, a little more mayonnaise than mustard, a good dab of honey, a couple shakes of black pepper, and a very minute amount of a1 steak sauce. tastes better than honey mustard ive ever gotten from a restaurant. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Honey mustard is fucking great.

"The purist"
    1/2 dijon mustard
    1/2 honey
    This is also useful as a glaze on roasted chicken.

"The dip"
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup honey
    2-3 tbsp yellow mustard
    For a "redeye", take a dipping bowl of this and add a squirt of Franks red hot, don't mix it, just dip at the borderline so every bite has some red hot and some honey mustard.

"Ham sandwiches"
    2 tbsp yellow mustard, or even better "grainy dijon" which tastes mostly like yellow mustard, but has more texture.
    2 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp fresh chopped dill or 1/2 tbsp dry dill, if using dry allow it to sit for at least 3 hours.
    2 tbsp mayo
    Use this on a ham sandwich made from leftover baked ham on some toasted sourdough bread with sharp cheddar and dill pickle, fucking great, good with cold chicken sandwiches too.

"The freak"
    2 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp dijon mustard
    1/4 cup mayo
    1 tbsp horseradish
    1 tbsp franks red hot
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    Good on just about anything that needs a kick in the pants flavor wise.

If you haven't tried honey mustard with salted pretzels, please do so.

On the subject of chicken strips, if you can find "Lilydale" brand, they are awesome and taste like KFC, not sure how they will do in an oven though.

C/O
    "I am going to ask my girlfriend to lick honey mustard off my balls, no really, I am, and she just might do it too"