Looking for audio file converting software

duuudeduuude Regular
edited February 2011 in Tech & Games
Anybody know anything that will convert mp4 to mp3?

I started using Downloadhelper Add-on for Firefox so I could download videos in music. Problem is.. you can only download it in .mp4 or .flv and can only convert it by paying the authors for a reg. code.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Get any good results when you Google search for "MP4 to MP3 converter"? Stupid question, but you might have not given that a shot already.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Freeaudiopack converter,
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Get any good results when you Google search for "MP4 to MP3 converter"? Stupid question, but you might have not given that a shot already.

I did, but I got an ass of results with different methods and software that does this and that.. I figured if I asked on here someone would give me a straight answer with something they've used before and that'd save a lot more time over looking through all the websites and finding something that's worth a shit.
    Freeaudiopack converter,

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I have more time tonight.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited February 2011
    MP4 is an audio/video container usually includes both or just video. Audio is usually in the MP4A format. I don't think you can convert a plain old Mp4 to Mp3 although I could be wrong. Well, one of those all-in-one converters can probably do it, wouldn't be very efficient IMO though.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Anybody know anything that will convert mp4 to mp3?

I started using Downloadhelper Add-on for Firefox so I could download videos in music. Problem is.. you can only download it in .mp4 or .flv and can only convert it by paying the authors for a reg. code.

Why not convert it to mp3. Saves double handling it.
    Unless you wanna keep the vid as well.
    http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php

I use to use pytube on ubuntu. for converting other formats. :confused:
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Why not convert it to mp3. Saves double handling it.
    Unless you wanna keep the vid as well.
    http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    edited February 2011
    It sucks that download helper makes you pay for conversion now. Use to be all good. :(
  • edited February 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    It sucks that download helper makes you pay for conversion now. Use to be all good. :(

Yeah, this is what annoyed me the other day when I installed a copy of DLH :( I was disappointed to find that converting to MP3 is another story :mad:
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is what annoyed me the other day when I installed a copy of DLH :( I was disappointed to find that converting to MP3 is another story :mad:
    Kinda like when you buy a new brand of candy coated chocolate, and the bag is full and shit. You get an addiction for this new brand of candy coated goodness then suddenly after 1yr your world gets torn apart and discover the packet isn't as full as it use to be.....fufufufufuuuu candy coated chocolate makers. :mad: