Ethics of immortality (its coming within our lifetimes)

ManifestoTHEOUManifestoTHEOU Acolyte
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm not sure how interested everyone here is in the scientific pursuit of immortality (or if you don't believe in such a philosophy, perhaps you would prefer the term life extension procedures), all you need to do really is google telomerase. Essentially the basic goal is to beat the hayflick limit which ultimately leads to cellular immortality, which in turn leads to infinitive functioning of the physical human body.

If you wish to find out more about the scientific pursuit of immortality, feel free to google it, or visit http://www.imminst.org/forum/ . I have full faith that immortality will be achieved within my lifetime.

So how do we decide who gets to become immortal? I think this should be pretty obvious. Such a gift of immortality I feel is in the ranks of being bestowed with the privilege of natural and spiritual human evolution. This statement may confuse you in the traditional sense of evolution when we consider the animalistic evolution of the past.

However the next evolutionary period of humanity I feel will certainly need to be defined by the ethical and spiritual nature of the individual, after all we are not animals anymore, but we are half-man half-animal attempting to overcome our animalistic nature to truly evolve into not only a full human being, but the pinnacle of the human being and humanity.

With that said, the un-evolved - those whom had not chosen to be unconditionally understanding, compassionate, loving but rather prioritized selfish and physical desires certainly do not deserve immortality. Why would we prolong suffering and negativity expressed by the individual? Those individuals obviously haven't learned much about the great life lesson - therefore they are in need of further reincarnations to learn the lesson that everyone else learned - i.e. unconditional attitudes and unselfish behavior.

I am obviously doing everything in my power to create this ultimate utopia for the good-hearted people of this planet because we don't need to suffer or put up with the ignorance of others. For the minority of the good-hearted, the unselfish, those who were unconditionally understanding and compassionate will certainly deserve immortality based on the premise that these are role models of society that deserve to stand throughout the testament of time - guiding humanity wisely into the future.

It will very fitting and a true revelation of God's kingdom bestowed upon the planet - the return of the golden age for humanity. The immortal will know, that God bestowed them with such responsibility to not only guide humanity throughout the ages, but to let the good people know that will be rewarded and satisfied to be given the opportunity to watch the overwhelming negativity of the past finally die and leave the planet.