Difficulty of wiring up 305 dropped in a 52 Chrysler?

majeurevismajeurevis Acolyte
edited March 2011 in Man Cave
I've been looking on CL for a new car, and I found a 1952 Chrysler Imperial with the trans and motor from an 85 Caprice dropped in. I'm just curious as to how difficult it would be to wire it up? There's not a lot of information given on the ad, so I'm just asking how hard it would be to rig the wiring harness from the Caprice to what's already in the Imperial, if that makes any sense?

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    I use to have a 1950 I put a 72 360 & 727 into it. <3 Old Chryslers <3
    Not hard at all if engine is aspirated. If it's injected, you'll have a lot more work on your hands. I would use as much of the Caprice loom as I could. (preferably to the dash) The old 52 loom is thick chunky assed copper and possibly brittle & shit. There aren't many wires or fuses on a 52 Chrysler. You won't need all the fuses on the Caprice because there is fuck all shit to run in the original 52. Find a fuse box from some early shitter in a junk yard that houses less fuses than the Caprice, or buy an after market one.
    Believe me! It's not that hard to wire a later engine into an early car unless it has a shit load of emission sensors, injection, crank angle sensor etc, etc.
    Sure someone is bound to say "Build the wiring from scratch. It's the only way to do it" I say bullshit. If you're gonna use it as a show stopper. Blah, blah...fine. If you just want it running reliably. Just use the Caprice loom. Some of the shit you won't need anyways. Colour coding is easy to read once you get use to it.