Morrissey Fanboys

GrinchGrinch Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
One drone out of many, trying much too hard to achieve a certain look, a certain lifestyle, all the while considering themselves alternative because they listen to post punk music.

I will admit that when I was in high school, I may have dabbled momentarily in The Smiths, although where I differ is that I have grown up and far away from such nonsense, as compared to basing the center of my life around a music scene.

Many of you have seen the type, skinny levis, Ray Bans, pompadour, possibly even a nicer dress shirt buttoned to the neck, covered by a three button, deep v-neck sweater, based by a pair of classic vans. On occasion they may even wear a pair of suspenders throughout the regular average day, outside of a coat parading them for all to see. If they are particularly bad, they may even have said suspenders attached to a belt…

They have taken classic grooming from the 50’s and bastardized the look in an attempt at an alternate style. Wearing such an attire allows them to feel that they are clean and formal, attached to their holier than though mindset alongside distorted ideals of a vegan x straightedge persona.

This particular individual may be opposed to organized religion, particularly evangelicals forcing their beliefs upon others, while they simultaneously preaching their own psychobabble concerning a drug-free lifestyle, veganism and how the killing of animals is wrong. If they happen to be at a music festival they will comment on how the smell of death is in the air in reaction to barbecues half a mile away, glaring at you for drinking a glass of milk or smoking a joint, thinking that they are better than you individually, in your entirety.

I generally refrain from eating meat, and have done so for the majority of six years (outside a handful of occasions), although am more oriented toward having a problem with factory farming in comparison to killing animals. It amazes me that these individuals seek such a distorted “purist” lifestyle, with a primary ignorance of the fact that the killing of creatures is a natural way of life. I go hiking and backpacking regularly, and under those circumstances don’t have a problem with hunting/trapping if I am going to consume what I kill.

Some of these individuals try to argue that animals are on the same level or humans, when it is clear that they are not. For instance while writing this, I had to stop because my bitch of a dog decided to urinate on my carpeting. She didn’t make any protests as to wanting to go outside, she just sniffed a spot in the corner of my room, deciding that was a good location to extricate her bladder without seeing any flaws in her decision. Although I feel that I may be straying from the point.

I know an individual in particular, with a particularly bad hard-on for Morrissey, who used all of his money to drive to the city to see a show of his, he happened upon a café after the show where his idol was having a cup of coffee, eventually spoke with him, getting him to sign his arm, which he later proceeded to get overlaid with a tattoo.

I know that I am speculating, but it is pathetic to image him feeling that all is right in the world when Morrissey may stop in the middle of a song to spew some bullshit on to all of his teen onlookers whom all pay homage to their prophet by dressing identically, agreeing and clapping at any and every utterance, all feeling unique by labeling themselves as modern-day misanthropes. (When truthfully it really isn’t hard to disdain many aspects of the human race, as clearly exhibited by what our society continually decides are appropriate ways to manifest itself.)

The fact is, that they are merely trying to find and express their individuality by following the path of another whom calls himself alternative. Many are flocking toward this “movement” which is eventually going to transform into a mainstream fad, in “liberal” cities like Los Angeles or San Francisco, if it hasn’t already.

To end a rant which could cyclically continue until the end of time, why don’t all of those described above whom happen to be reading this cuff your skin tight jeans above your ankle, get on your fixed-gear bicycle, ride home and jerk off in front of the mirror at how closely you can resemble Morrissey, you empty, degenerative fanatic.

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    One drone out of many, trying much too hard to achieve a certain look, a certain lifestyle, all the while considering themselves alternative because they listen to post punk music.

I will admit that when I was in high school, I may have dabbled momentarily in The Smiths, although where I differ is that I have grown up and far away from such nonsense, as compared to basing the center of my life around a music scene.

Many of you have seen the type, skinny levis, Ray Bans, pompadour, possibly even a nicer dress shirt buttoned to the neck, covered by a three button, deep v-neck sweater, based by a pair of classic vans. On occasion they may even wear a pair of suspenders throughout the regular average day, outside of a coat parading them for all to see. If they are particularly bad, they may even have said suspenders attached to a belt… need I say more?

They have taken classic grooming from the 50’s and bastardized the look in an attempt at an alternate style. Wearing such an attire allows them to feel that they are clean and formal, attached to their holier than though mindset alongside distorted ideals of a vegan x straightedge persona.

This particular individual may be opposed to organized religion, particularly evangelicals forcing their beliefs upon others, while they simultaneously preach their own psychobabble concerning a drug-free lifestyle, veganism and how the killing of animals is wrong. If they happen to be at a music festival they will comment on how the smell of death is in the air in reaction to barbecues half a mile away, glaring at you for drinking a glass of milk or smoking a joint, thinking that they are better than you individually, in your entirety.

I generally refrain from eating meat, and have done so for the majority of six years (outside a handful of occasions), although am more oriented toward having a problem with factory farming in comparison to killing animals. It amazes me that these individuals seek such a distorted “purist” lifestyle, with a primary ignorance of the fact that the killing of creatures is a natural way of life. I go hiking and backpacking regularly, and under those circumstances don’t have a problem with hunting/trapping if I am going to consume what I kill.

Some of these individuals try to argue that animals are on the same level or humans, when it is clear that they are not. For instance while writing this, I had to stop because my bitch of a dog decided to urinate on my carpeting. She didn’t make any protests as to wanting to go outside, she just sniffed a spot in the corner of my room, deciding that was a good location to extricate her bladder without seeing any flaws in her decision. Although I feel that I may be straying from the point.

I know an individual in particular, with a particularly bad hard-on for Morrissey, who used all of his money to drive to the city to see a show of his, he happened upon a café after the show where his idol was having a cup of coffee, eventually spoke with him, getting him to sign his arm, which he later proceeded to get overlaid with a tattoo.

I know that I am speculating, but it is pathetic to image him feeling that all is right in the world when Morrissey may stop in the middle of a song to spew some bullshit on to all of his teen onlookers whom all pay homage to their prophet by dressing identically, agreeing and clapping at any and every utterance, all feeling unique by labeling themselves as modern-day misanthropes. (When truthfully it really isn’t hard to disdain many aspects of the human race, as clearly exhibited by what our society continually decides are appropriate ways to manifest itself.)

The fact is, that they are merely trying to find and express their individuality by following the path of another whom calls himself alternative. Many are flocking toward this “movement” which is eventually going to transform into a mainstream fad, in “liberal” cities like Los Angeles or San Francisco, if it hasn’t already.

To end a rant which could cyclically continue until the end of time, why don’t all of those described above whom happen to be reading this cuff your skin tight jeans above your ankle, get on your fixed-gear bicycle, ride home and jerk off in front of the mirror at how closely you can resemble Morrissey, you empty, degenerative fanatic.

I think the main problem with this post is, how much time you spend thinking about "Morrissey Fanboys."
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    I think the main problem with this post is, how much time you spend thinking about "Morrissey Fanboys."

It is more that the area in which I live is infested with such riffraff, in which I am and have been continually surrounded by, who somehow manage to embody many of the superficial aspects of individuals which I abhor.

Excuse me for getting something off of my chest in the bitch and moan forum.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    It is more that the area in which I live is infested with such riffraff, in which I am and have been continually surrounded by, who somehow manage to embody many of the superficial aspects of individuals which I abhor.

Excuse me for getting something off of my chest in the bitch and moan forum.

You're excused.