Bullshit Thread; Part Totse.Info

BungHoleBungHole Regular
edited January 2011 in Tech & Games
Alright, alright, alright. I've already got my forum of choice, but if this site is gonna be here claiming to be another ToTSE legacy, it is going to have an active chemistry forum.:mad:

So yeah, since LT on ToTSE, there has been a BS thread for fellow chemists to shoot the shit. I will give this forum the breath of life by starting this thread, for the people that call this forum home....

So, uh, yeah.

You know, just leaving my own mark on this forum, hoping it actually turns into something useful....

Other than that, fuck you niggers, F&B4LYF......

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Good to see you here man, invite some people. If traffic picks up I'm sure you could mod this forum if you want, I know you're a knowledgeable poster in F&B.
  • BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
    edited June 2010
    well i'll be dropping some questions in here sooner or later so i look forward to some knowledgable people willing to help me.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    fractals wrote: »
    conrats on being a mod! i hope u do great things with this place. hell u might even inspire me to get into chemistry again

I'm somewhat torn with regret, I'm getting a feeling there might be a new community of people getting started here........
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good to see you here man, invite some people. If traffic picks up I'm sure you could mod this forum if you want, I know you're a knowledgeable poster in F&B.

The totse where you're supermod is a totse I can get behind :thumbsup:
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    So if one wanted to do a fractional distillation of cannabinoids, where would one start? What solvent would work?

I think SOH said that he'd start with BHO to get relatively pure cannabinoids. If someone who has more knowledge/drive wants to make a thread, I think we could get good results. The basis of the thread on zoklet was a dude was on probation and he wanted to get the THC out so he could still smoke. Since THC-COOH is formed after THC metabolism only, he could theoretically get away with it.

The only thing I can really contribute is the vaporization temperatures of each cannabinoid, terpinoid, and flavonoid in weed, found here.
    edited July 2010
    1337 wrote: »
    So if one wanted to do a fractional distillation of cannabinoids, where would one start? What solvent would work?

I think SOH said that he'd start with BHO to get relatively pure cannabinoids. If someone who has more knowledge/drive wants to make a thread, I think we could get good results. The basis of the thread on zoklet was a dude was on probation and he wanted to get the THC out so he could still smoke. Since THC-COOH is formed after THC metabolism only, he could theoretically get away with it.

The only thing I can really contribute is the vaporization temperatures of each cannabinoid, terpinoid, and flavonoid in weed, found here.

Definitely start with something as pure as possible. Any non-volatile impurities will be pyrolyzed to form volatiles that might come over.

Also, emphasize the fractional part, if you're looking for extreme purity or isolating individual cannabinoids and isomers.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    BungHole wrote: »
    Definitely start with something as pure as possible. Any non-volatile impurities will be pyrolyzed to form volatiles that might come over.

Also, emphasize the fractional part, if you're looking for extreme purity or isolating individual cannabinoids and isomers.

That's why I specifically said a fractional distillation. :mad: What, do you want me to bold it too?

I had that other study about specifically separating out CBN. :mad: <=Click on the mad bastard.
    edited July 2010
    That's why I specifically said a fractional distillation. :mad: What, do you want me to bold it too?

I had that other study about specifically separating out CBN. :mad: <=Click on the mad bastard.

Actually, I personally prefer italics.

I see you clearly don't want my help, so I'll leave you alone.:o
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    OH GOD I LOL'D

"I've never seen Edward Cullen sparkle, but at least now I can say I've seen him shoot fire from his ass."
    edited July 2010
    OH GOD I LOL'D

"I've never seen Edward Cullen sparkle, but at least now I can say I've seen him shoot fire from his ass."

Don't talk shit about Twilight.:mad:

I'm a teenage vampire you know....:o
    edited July 2010
    fractals wrote: »
    :facepalm:

Oh, I see, another asshole who thought I was a furry. No bitch, I'm a vampire! :mad:
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    They should have poured a liter or so of liquid oxygen on it, just to make sure he was really dead.
    I love this guy,

@1:28, one person right here.
    edited July 2010
    They should have poured a liter or so of liquid oxygen on it, just to make sure he was really dead.
    I love this guy,

@1:28, one person right here.

I like how he keeps a bottle of soda in the fridge with his biology specimens.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how he keeps a bottle of soda in the fridge with his biology specimens.

NurdRage is a G like that.
    edited July 2010
    NurdRage is a G like that.

Are all of the videos with a guy using that voice distortion while doing chemistry from him? Cause he also has some non-lulzy, somewhat practical procedures on youtube, if so.

I'm gonna look, I think someone posted some here awhile ago.....
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah dude, I watched them all last night. He has a lot of OTC synths for shit like nitric acid, sulfuric acid, and potassium permanganate (there are more but I can't remember what else).

He also made a 100' long glowstick. He'd be awesome, if he wasn't so Canadian. Nobody's perfect, I suppose.
    edited July 2010
    I'm trying to formulate rules specific to this section. The thing is, nobody wants lack of freedom and censorship. But I also think nobody wants to see a thousand threads asking how to make meth or people just spamming the forum. So I think a minimalist approach would be best, making as few rules as possible, and all of them absolutely necessary.

So far, I have one cardinal rule: Perspective>Subject.

I don't care if you want to make sdrugs or just soap, it has to be from a chemistry perspective. I'd rather see people ask how to make amphetamine in a dignified, intelligent manner, while following the basic procedures any scientist would follow, rather than some shitty post that shows little research and effort was committed, even if it pertains to a drug that has the potential to create world peace.

Also, I want to have a vote on a "No Source" policy. I'm thinking equipment should be fine. But as it is, I can't even get OTC alkali hydroxides because all the meth recipes that mention "x brand of lye." That kind of shit just doesn't need to be made public. We should be allowed to mention the type of product, like say, "a glass cleaner solution." If we tell someone a chemical can be found in a glass cleaner, and they can't go to the store and read labels, they need to leave.

So... Uh.... Yeah.... Any ideas?
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    To win a bet: does anyone know the solubility of temazepam in glycerin, if any?
    edited July 2010
    To win a bet: does anyone know the solubility of temazepam in glycerin, if any?

I answered in TRT.....
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    You didn't answer shit, you just said the fillers wouldn't dissolve, I'm interested in the temazepam itself.
    edited July 2010
    You didn't answer shit, you just said the fillers wouldn't dissolve, I'm interested in the temazepam itself.

*sigh*

Blatant ignorance. I expected better from you, Mr. T.

I gave you a thorough prediction of what the solubility properties will most likely be like based on the molecular structure, because as you said, the Merck Index has nothing more than information on recrystallization.

Go back, and read it. I mentioned other possible solvents, and how to dissolve it into glycerine in the event solubility is poor.

As to whether the BL guy was bullshitting about glycerine increasing bioavailibility or it being soluble at all, I can't be certain. I haven't seen any data on it in literature, nor do I have any temazzy to test it first hand. I simply made an educated guess.

And if you think I'm acting like an asshole just to be tough on the internet, you need to start answering your e-mail when I write to you as a concerned friend.:)
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    And if you think I'm acting like an asshole just to be tough on the internet, you need to start answering your e-mail when I write to you as a concerned friend.:)

That's when I said my goodbye in TRT on zoklet. I figured that would be enough. I'm sorry. :(
    edited July 2010
    That's when I said my goodbye in TRT on zoklet. I figured that would be enough. I'm sorry. :(

<3<3<3, no homo:o

You no I'm fond of you, my little e-buddy. I just hope you're not some con artist. Cause I'm definitely naive enough to fall for a scam, but I'm also paranoid/psychotic/smart enough to figure it out later and walk all the way up to your area just to cut your balls off.:o

Say I wont go up to the university campus, search for a kid with a certain name, find him, cut off his balls, and escape into the local national forest. I know that forest well, I would befriend the black bears and live off black berries and frog legs.;)
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm trying to formulate rules specific to this section. The thing is, nobody wants lack of freedom and censorship. But I also think nobody wants to see a thousand threads asking how to make meth or people just spamming the forum. So I think a minimalist approach would be best, making as few rules as possible, and all of them absolutely necessary.

So far, I have one cardinal rule: Perspective>Subject.

I don't care if you want to make sdrugs or just soap, it has to be from a chemistry perspective. I'd rather see people ask how to make amphetamine in a dignified, intelligent manner, while following the basic procedures any scientist would follow, rather than some shitty post that shows little research and effort was committed, even if it pertains to a drug that has the potential to create world peace.

Also, I want to have a vote on a "No Source" policy. I'm thinking equipment should be fine. But as it is, I can't even get OTC alkali hydroxides because all the meth recipes that mention "x brand of lye." That kind of shit just doesn't need to be made public. We should be allowed to mention the type of product, like say, "a glass cleaner solution." If we tell someone a chemical can be found in a glass cleaner, and they can't go to the store and read labels, they need to leave.

So... Uh.... Yeah.... Any ideas?

Reward intelligence, punish stupidity. Sounds good to me.

as far as the source policy goes: loose links sink ships.
    edited October 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    (after your recent flip out on katzen, i want sure if i should start a new thread or not :o)
    SO!

http://www.dextroverse.org/extractions.html

Ok, im sure you are familiar with the "agent lemon" extraction. I have TONS of syrup;) but I cant stand the taste anymore :angry: NO I cant get pills they dont exist here unless you want me to take a few grams of acet. and I really like my dex. Im also having a hard time finding "clean" ammonia and naptha so. could someone give me a quick list of things they think would be good substitutes?

Also, what do you think my chances of succeeding with the precipitate method are?I can get lye but not filter paper, could I use coffee filter?
    Listen, I don't care about "what," I care about "how." We'll need a DXM thread, it's a popular topic. Just make sure to give as much empirical data as you have to offer, and electronic references if you must.

I'm crashing on coke. This needs to wait till tomorrow. Start your thread, I wont antagonize you. I'll probably be awake by 1 or 2 PM, then I have a gen chem class at 6:30. I'll give you what data on DXM extraction I can.

I've done nothing but horticulture and physical labor for the past week. There's a good chance I'll be venting my thoughts on chemistry here for quite some time tomorrow.
    edited January 2011
    Bye guiz, nice knowin' ya.

I wish everyone luck in their scientific endeavors. May you be blessed with knowledge and bathed in the pleasure of enlightenment.:)

EDIT: Any post made by this user after this probably wasn't mean.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    Bye guiz, nice knowin' ya.

I wish everyone luck in their scientific endeavors. May you be blessed with knowledge and bathed in the pleasure of enlightenment.:)

EDIT: Any post made by this user after this probably wasn't mean.
    Soooo.. what did you do, give your moderator account and password away?