Un-Official united totse IRC server

Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I have browsed every totse spawn and not a single one of them has a decent IRC server. I have, therefore, created an IRC server for all of the totse clans to use, (yes even you, zoklet).

Each clan will have equal right to be there, equal opportunity to create their own channel, and each will be able to mingle.

I'm a firm believer in the saying, "that which governs best, governs the least".. so I will try to run the server in such fashion.

The United Totse IRC server info:

server: irc.t0ts3.com
port: 6667

What you will need:

An IRC client, like mIRC, Xchat, or similar. Even Pidgin and other universal chat clients can use IRC protocol now.

GUIDE: How to Connect to and Use IRC link leads to zoklet as my post of the guide here has not gone through yet.

Comments

• KraneKrane Regular
    edited March 2011
    It's a good idea but I can't see the other forums agreeing to use the same IRC server.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    I thought we already have one IRC Channel?

In any case, if required we can shit to Totse very own IRC server using the same host and personally I don't like the United front that much. I mean this will only add more tension and cause major butthurt especially when it comes to power. Plus, I am sure Zoklet wouldn't jump in and totse2 may or may not support it.

Plus, we tend to discuss some urgent matters on IRC from time to time and we can't really discuss them openly. Some of them refer to direct Totse related stuff like exploits, errors etc.

Just adding my two cents. I am neutral in this.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    No thanks.
  • Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    DFG:

What I've seen done in a lot of cases is the mods and admins of the forum will have a private, password protected channel unto themselves for discussion of such delicate matters (or share CP.. whatever it is you guys do...), and then have a public channel for the general population.

I don't see why any and all sites could not do something similar. There is room for everyone, and I would have no problems with anyone making the un-official IRC server an official one. It's up to those in charge.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    I came into this thread to state how pointless IRC is in this day and age to begin with. Then I saw OP's user name and fucking lol'd.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    Im for it.

there has been some problems with using grove lately. Mostly because nobody from totse mods that place.

lulz
  • edited March 2011
    :mad: Everyone calm the fuck down. We're in the process of moving off of grovenet and I don't need the process being fucked around by some shitty totse IRC ripoff with a shitty spinoff 1337 domain :mad:

The proper response to situations like this is to alert one of the people in charge so that action can be taken. Starting your own spinoff helps no one.
  • Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    yo...

I wasn't trying to take over what we use as IRC... I'm just offering an alternative.

And it's not a spinoff, I intend it to be wholly separate from the totse forums of all kinds, and make it a sort of bridge of communications between all of them.

The intentions are to unite, not divide.

if it fails it fails, if people are interested they'll join. This doesn't affect the progress of an official totse.info server.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    yo...

I wasn't trying to take over what we use as IRC... I'm just offering an alternative.

And it's not a spinoff, I intend it to be wholly separate from the totse forums of all kinds, and make it a sort of bridge of communications between all of them.

The intentions are to unite, not divide.

if it fails it fails, if people are interested they'll join. This doesn't affect the progress of an official totse.info server.

We don't really conduct secret business on totse that much and as far as I remember we don't make secret channels for mods etc. On Totse.info we try to keep things transparent as possible. Although we're forced to hide somethings just to prevent a conflict or worse, the basic aim is to keep things open.

Having an IRC server run on another network doesn't bother me but I am quite sure users will doubt things. Plus, in case of conflict a PM to Vineman would be more than enough to handle the matter.

But good luck with the server and I hope it works :)
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011

GUIDE: How to Connect to and Use IRC link leads to zoklet as my post of the guide here has not gone through yet.

Why hasn't it gone through? Make a new thread for it.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Being as th current IRC network does not support many common and even needed commands I feel we should talk to Wonka about making his network our official IRC home.