The White Stripes Appreciation Thread

duuudeduuude Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As some of you may know, The White Stripes announced in February that they would no longer record, perform, or be together. They are one of my favorite bands and I have been deeply saddened by the news. I never got to see them live anywhere.

I can honestly say I enjoyed every album they ever released.. and over the last few weeks I've been listening to a lot of their music and remembering how badass Jack White is. If you like The White Stripes post some of your favorite songs in remembrance.

Edit: :mad::mad::angry: It's almost not even worth it to post music from YouTube anymore

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    The White Stripes are awesome. I wish I discovered them earlier. :sad: The good thing is that any fucking drummer could play Meg White's drum parts!
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    The White Stripes are awesome. I wish I discovered them earlier. :sad: The good thing is that any fucking drummer could play Meg White's drum parts!

Exactly, and yet you still feel awesome while doing it because you have Jack shredding the whole time.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    wait what? how did I not hear this? aw shucks...

Jack White is still go on his musical endeavors I'm sure right? I love him and everything he does.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    wait what? how did I not hear this? aw shucks...

Jack White is still go on his musical endeavors I'm sure right? I love him and everything he does.

Yes, I think he will still be doing Dead Weather, The Raconteurs, and maybe some solo stuff.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Ever since the story of Jack getting an assault charge for beating someone over a comment about fucking his sister, i kinda expected a breakup. can't say i'm all that shocked/disappointed. they'll both add their level of talent to other projects. that's fine by me.