Fuck Books and the Cock-Tards That Talk About Them

Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I can't stand assholes that walk around holding a book only to have people ask "oh, what are you reading"? I work with these kind of ego-masturbational assholes who could stand there all day talking about why THEIR book is so fucking great and give 500 references to other books that nobody reads just to sound "intelligent". Ever see the "smug" SP episode, yea, that. I hate cock suckers that talk with their eyes closed.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck books in general. Unless it's a technical book that's good for reference books are old fashioned. E-books are the future and even further down the road Audio Books are going to become the norm. Audio books makes readin (or hearing lol) fun as you can multi-task and hear it in perspective.

I don't know about ya'll, but I can only read like a couple pages every hour just because I lose interest/focus.

Oh fuck people too and fuck book worms :mad:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I know a guy who had stacks of academic books under and on top of his coffee table. Nobody ever read them, and they just pissed me off whenever I saw them. Couldn't even put coffee on the COFFEE table cause it might spill onto the books :facepalm:
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I know a guy who had stacks of academic books under and on top of his coffee table. Nobody ever read them, and they just pissed me off whenever I saw them. Couldn't even put coffee on the COFFEE table cause it might spill onto the books :facepalm:

I've done that with academic books, but it was to support the table from collapsing.
  • edited July 2010
    The only thing I've used books for lately is to support my bed, I managed to break the frame in half and shoved books underneath it as a quick fix.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    You're all crazy, I love reading
    edited July 2010

TV: Better than books :cool:
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Don't hate on books. Books and reading are awesome. Hate on the hipsters that carry Franny and Zooey in their oversized hobo bags.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol books are the only reason humanity has even done anything. discuss.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    Read a book, read a book, read a motherfucking book:mad:
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate assholes that ask me what I'm reading when I'm sitting there trying to read a fucking book.
    edited July 2010
    I hate assholes that ask me what I'm reading when I'm sitting there trying to read a fucking book.

Here's a trick:

Say, "Here, see for yourself."
    Hold the book open facing them.
    Forcefully close it shut as you put it in front of their faces.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010

This. It's like a movie. In my head.
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Here's a trick:

Say, "Here, see for yourself."
    Hold the book open facing them.
    Forcefully close it shut as you put it in front of their faces.

Or I could just read a part out loud, like one of the more fucked up parts of Naked Lunch. :)
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    Or I could just read a part out loud, like one of the more fucked up parts of Naked Lunch. :)

heh, back in school, we were supposed to read "one flew over the cuckoos nest". my teacher was one of those people who get people to read aloud as punishment. This one dude was doing some random shit and he was told to read. She told him to read any part of the book he wanted.

He chose the paragraph where McMurphy was calling the black dude a "Goddamned motherfucking nigger"

he read it with great emotion.

the teacher was not impressed.
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    heh, back in school, we were supposed to read "one flew over the cuckoos nest". my teacher was one of those people who get people to read aloud as punishment. This one dude was doing some random shit and he was told to read. She told him to read any part of the book he wanted.

He chose the paragraph where McMurphy was calling the black dude a "Goddamned motherfucking nigger"

he read it with great emotion.

the teacher was not impressed.

lol, funniest shit i heard all night
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't hate on books. Books and reading are awesome. Hate on the hipsters that carry Franny and Zooey in their oversized hobo bags.

Can anyone translate that for me?