LG Rumor Touch Photo Problem

kaloosakaloosa Regular
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
Hey, maybe one of you guys can give me a hand. I have a couple photos in my "Assigned Media" folder in my LG Rumor Touch that are no longer in the regular Photos folder. I'm looking to move the pictures to my regular folder or microSD card. No option for copy/transfer/send is given, only delete. LG never responded to my email, and Virgin Mobile is run by fucking morons. Any suggestions?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
    Can you connect the phone as a mass storage device?
    Instead of using the LG phone software, see if there is an entry in "My Computer". Sometimes there is a setting in your phone that makes the PC read it as a mass storage device.

If you want, linux generally reads all phones as storage devices you can easily copy it there. So maybe a live-CD is your last option.
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    The phone only offers the mass storage option when a microSD card is present. But then, it's just a microSD reader.

I'll give the linux option a chance though, just need to get a live-CD.
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    No such luck. But thanks anyway.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know how new you are with the phone, but there HAS to be an option to copy/paste or a setting that changes everything stored on the phone to your mass storage device. I don't know much because it's a touch phone and the iPhone just recently introduced the cut/copy/paste feature. Only thing I can guess if it doesn't feature that option is its not built into the software.

Is it running Googles Android platform? Just trying ot get some ideas.

*EDIT*

Maybe this helps.

160337414c3fa9d57d0b7.jpg
    http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/lg/rumor_touch/rumor_touch_by_lg_ug.pdf
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm fairly new with the phone. But I searched up and down the manuals, FAQs, and forums (for Sprint, Virgin Mobile and LG). Nothing gave me the answer I was looking for. I finally got a conclusive email from Virgin Mobile saying:
    We have review your request very carefully and we regret to inform you that there's no way to transfer pictures from you "Assigned Media" folder to your My Photos, your computer or your microSD card.
    I guess that's all there is to it. I ended up deleting the pictures anyway, so there's no point for me to continue this search. Next time I'll just have to make sure I am very careful not to corrupt my SD card (I don't even know how I did that!). Anyway, thanks for your help guys.
    edited July 2010
    WTF kind of shit phone do you have anyway? jeezz....talk about treating the users like idiots
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    WTF kind of shit phone do you have anyway? jeezz....talk about treating the users like idiots
    It's an LG Rumor Touch. That's exactly what I was thinking. I guess you can't win 'em all though. I'm not fretting too much, it was only 2 pictures that I wanted to keep. Although, now it's gonna make me more cautious about the next phone I get.
    edited July 2010
    hey if it's not to late, maybe you can transfer it to your PC via Bluetooth?
  • kaloosakaloosa Regular
    edited July 2010
    At this point, it is too late. Thanks for the idea, but there was never the option to do anything but delete the photos. Oh well.