Blazing Saddles

GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Warning: Film Discussion Thread Friday! Mel Brooks 'Blazing Saddles' is a Gene Wilder vessel for comedy genius, with a sub racial plot revolving around the equally talented Cleavon Little.

Trailer: :rolleyes:

Movie: :D

I love the scene where the bad guys are signing up and a whole line of mixed out of place villains fills it. I also greatly enjoy the scene where Bart as the newly elected sheriff has to improve his way out of the town lynching him! Genius! Comedy Genius!

Share your thoughts on this Mel Brooks film, and any other. As well as Gene Wilder, who died before his time. :(

Regards,
-Grey

Comments

• GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    Sherriff Bart
    "Hey where all the white women at"

Fuckin classic. and now a difficult choice watch blazing saddles or study for tomorrows chemistry exam.....shit
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    That sucks, but thanks for informing me GeneralMcBoozer. I knew this kind of thing would happen sooner or later. Hopefully anyone that wanted to watch it, caught it before the take-down.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Watched this last night. Fucking loled.
  • ak-49ak-49 New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Uh, Gene Wilder isn't dead...

I once had a discussion with a co-worker about how awful I thought the movie Meet the Spartans was, and she said that she loved it. I then told her that it was no Blazing Saddles, to which she replyed "Blazing Saddles sucked!" I've never really wanted to bludgeon someone to death as much as I did at that moment.
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited April 2011
    ak-49 wrote: »

I once had a discussion with a co-worker about how awful I thought the movie Meet the Spartans was, and she said that she loved it. I then told her that it was no Blazing Saddles, to which she replyed "Blazing Saddles sucked!" I've never really wanted to bludgeon someone to death as much as I did at that moment.

fuckin shoulda gone mongo on her ass
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    ak-49 wrote: »

Holy shit, you're right! My dad told me was dead sometime ago, I guess I should have known better than to trust the old...

Regards,
    -Grey
  • edited April 2011
    It was a good flick... I was really drunk at the time however, and I have a very foggy memory of it...
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited April 2011
    Warning: Film Discussion Thread Friday! Mel Brooks 'Blazing Saddles' is a Gene Wilder vessel for comedy genius, with a sub racial plot revolving around the equally talented Cleavon Little.

Trailer: :rolleyes:

Movie: :D

I love the scene where the bad guys are signing up and a whole line of mixed out of place villains fills it. I also greatly enjoy the scene where Bart as the newly elected sheriff has to improve his way out of the town lynching him! Genius! Comedy Genius!

Share your thoughts on this Mel Brooks film, and any other. As well as Gene Wilder, who died before his time. :(

Regards,
    -Grey

Haha! I love that scene. They are asking what crimes they have to qualify

"Rape, arson, murder, and rape"

"Wait, you said rape twice"

"I like rape"

Hahahahahahaa
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    Classic movie and still has me laughing every time I watch it :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011