Comptia Strata Certification

BoxBox Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
When did this joke come out?

I aced the A+ exams and the N+ years ago. I just got some mail from comptia encouraging me to take some Strata exam. I figured it must be some advanced IT cert. so I clicked on the link.

I literally LOL'd. Then I checked the sample tests for the A+ and went :eek: When the fuck did Comptia drop their standards? Any dimwit with basic computer knowledge can pass these jokes, wdf! I had to do it the hard way and study my brains out. It even includes Win7 and they eliminated 95 and 98. Fucking bullshit.

Anyways, has anyone taken the Strata exam?

Here's the super-duper hard questions :rolleyes: : http://www.comptia.org/certifications/testprep/PracticeTests/strataittech

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure about the Strata Exam because I've never fucking heard of it before. I do know for a fact they've went from a couple dozen to literally HUNDREDS of certifications in the high tech field that I suspect is to do nothing more than to make money. Some of the exams are so cross compared to others it's making getting any certification a fucking joke these days except the ones that cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to get. This all happening in the past 10 years when if you had an A+ cert you were fucking gold (especially with a BA), now that is mandatory or required as a starting point to go anywhere. Not a big deal, just bullshit when you know it's all about profit and not about making society better or you better at your job. What happens when you take tests/exams? You study hardcore for a short period of time and then forget and drain it all back out of your brain after you got the satisfying grade, what, same doesn't apply in real life too? It does...
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's all about the certs. No one even gives shit about experience anymore.

It's in every fucking field. A green scrub that just graduated from an Avi. school with an A&P license gets chosen over the vet working for Southwest for over 20 years with an Powerplant license only. Fucking bull. Now this shit too. A+ used to be the minimum requirement, now you're being forced to shell out 50 more for this joke of a test.