Coupon Thread?

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Someone post the coupon pic that used to be on cocklet.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Don't we already have a coupon thread here? Or was that on tM... I can't even remember.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    We need to make a similar thread for discussion. The old thread is worthless.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Make a thread in BI, ADD big ass disclaimer and use img hosting websites.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Make a thread in BI, ADD big ass disclaimer and use img hosting websites.

Still attracts attention. Zok damn near caught a case for it. The coupon thread on there had a disclaimer...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Still attracts attention. Zok damn near caught a case for it. The coupon thread on there had a disclaimer...

Well, It would be nice to have some attention from them. I say we do it and wait for them to contact us. Hell, even put up my e-mail address there if they have some legal issues. It will take some time for them to track us and I can delay them when it comes to legal shit and then we will just comply and move it to a hidden section where only Regulars can view it and in the process I will ban their asses from totse.

It's a tricky situation, I am just aiming for the Google result this will produce in the end. We will be trolling them, hell we could troll them by making fake coupons lol.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh you soooo smart dfg! ;)
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    We could just use the term "novelty", and only PM them to each other instead of posting them on the site directly.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Oh you soooo smart dfg! ;)

Trol trolling trolls :D
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    We could just use the term "novelty", and only PM them to each other instead of posting them on the site directly.

Better, post the links to password protected rars. If you want to earn something out of it, use some account that will give you some money for downloading. Post tons of screenshots, shop the coupons and change them.

Tell users to use IRC or PM for the passwords. Before giving them the password send them a form that actually makes sures that the user takes full responsibility for downloading those novetly coupons and if you're some etc agency you cannot prosecute Totse since you're invovled as well.

Just keep this up until the real guys come up. You will know it when they start demanding things. Give them passwords and links to those archives and wait for them to get butthurt.

Again, it's just an idea. We will act like the coupons are real etc but in reality they will contain goatse coupons and stuff. They can't do shit to us but they will be forced to keep watch over that thread.

I mean you can keep the coupons going in IRC etc but it would be funny trolling the coupon guys. Plus, Vineman wons the server, we would backout even before the case builds up.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited April 2011
    EDIT: Didn't see your reply, you ficking raghead :mad:

Those are pretty good ideas.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    The pic in question. Guide to making the coupons.
    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|437tl|330053118|1262578331627.jpg|2088

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    A bit more digging and for reference purposes...

A list with pics of known counterfeits, looking at a lot of them you can see the majority have obvious mistakes made in the UPC coding and stuff, and some are just outright fucking stupid. I really wonder how some of them were even accepted.

Also don't make them for $1.00 less than the purchase price of the item dipshits.

Also no company offers printable coupons for anything FREE, those are always mailed to you.

Maybe I'll just rewrite that damn guide.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    buddha wrote: »

Also no company offers printable coupons for anything FREE, those are always mailed to you.

Use gloss paper for stuff like that. There's a novelty coupon thread on a forum similar to this one. Some guy scored a free xbox(had pics of the receipt and everything).
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Use gloss paper for stuff like that. There's a novelty coupon thread on a forum similar to this one. Some guy scored a free xbox(had pics of the receipt and everything).

Someone got a free wii also

http://www.cents-off.com/doc/GeneralCouponAlertUpdateFeb122010(2).pdf

about halfway down that list.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    BAHAHAHAHAHA

and a free

"Sharp Aquos TV 108” Display"

Who the fuck is dumb enough to take a coupon for that.

Store people are way too dumb, figure if it scans it must be good.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    That tut is OLD. I remember v2.0 floating in /b/ some months back.