Willard

GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Film Friday Discussion Thread:
Willard (1971), (but we can mention the Crispin Glover 03' remake as well)
Based on the book "Ratman's Notebooks" by Stephen Gilbert

This horror movie features one of the last on screen roles of Elsa Lanchester before she died. She's probably best know to most of you as the actress that played the Bride of Frankenstein. Sondra Locke makes one of her first on screen roles as well. She was best known for being in all the Dirty Hairy movies of Clint Eastwood fame.

Willard is about a shy, kind of social outcast, or social outlier. He befriends rats, trains them, and orders them to do his bidding! Kind of... I haven't actually seen this one, but it's very culturally significant as plenty of people have. With the remake (which I really want to see) in 2003 starring Crispin Glover (of Back to the Future fame"), it had a reemergence in pop culture. Personally, I would have loved to have showed the 2003 version, but you know how copyright people are.

Trailer:

Movie:

Trailer for the 03' Glover remake:

Posted but not watched.
Regards,
-Grey

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Wow, some real contributions. Thanks man!
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Thank you Dfg! I tried to put a bit more effort into this one, as opposed to some of my previous posts were you can clearly see I did a rush job on the text and just put out the flick. I hope to get to watch this at some point, but I have a feeling it won't happen till after this semester is over.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    I saw the new Williard. i didnt care much for that actor. he pisses me off

just looking at his face. But the older version seems way better.

have to give that one a try.

:thumbsup: