2000 Dodge Dakota

BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
edited April 2011 in Man Cave
Ok i was messing around with my truck today. I found out i have a

pure shit show when it comes to wiring. I have a fucking mess of wires

just pouring out all over the place. Im not really to knowledge able

when it comes to wires and computer on a truck.

Does anyone know that the fuck i have going on here?
DSCF3553.jpg

DSCF3552.jpg

DSCF3550.jpg

DSCF3551.jpg

This truck was a 3 rd vehicle and i bought off my dad. He had it sitting around our ranch for 5 months. Now

I want to try to make it work somewhat but i have no clue wtf these wires are.

Anyone know?

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    lol, ok which one are those?

i need a manual for this hoe.

I want to zip tie and black tape most of it. I also want to eliminate the

Un-used wires. My problem is i dont know which ones are which.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Make a run to your local auto store. They should have repair manuals on hand for it. I think I've got a Haynes manual for my Jeep. I'd be completely fucking lost without it when fixing the damn thing.

Edit: That and a multi-meter will be your best friends when tackling that. Looks like you've got your work cut out. Personally, I'd start at the battery and work your way out.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Do you have a CB in it, or was there ever one? In the first picture, see that horn? It looks like a PA speaker to me, but it could also be just your trucks horn. Your best bet on finding out which wires are which is to trace them back to where they come from, but I'm not that familiar with Dodges. Hows your tranny by the way? I heard they go early on those Dodges.

Pretty sure that horn is from an alarm system. An old one, that a previous owner obviously installed himself. I would also assume a lot of the other shitty wiring is related to that.
    edited April 2011
    Do you have a CB in it, or was there ever one? In the first picture, see that horn? It looks like a PA speaker to me, but it could also be just your trucks horn. Your best bet on finding out which wires are which is to trace them back to where they come from, but I'm not that familiar with Dodges. Hows your tranny by the way? I heard they go early on those Dodges.

Yeah there was a CB and it has an alarm.

Also Some wetback tried to install a radio for him and i think

This is also a product of poor lazy beaner fucking idiot work.

The tranny is fine not a slip till this day. For it being a 4x4 and the

rough terrain we put it through it still runs like a champ.

Thanks boozer
    edited April 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Pretty sure that horn is from an alarm system. An old one, that a previous owner obviously installed himself. I would also assume a lot of the other shitty wiring is related to that.

Yes it does, and yes it was installed by some lazy beaner. :mad:
    Make a run to your local auto store. They should have repair manuals on hand for it. I think I've got a Haynes manual for my Jeep. I'd be completely fucking lost without it when fixing the damn thing.

Edit: That and a multi-meter will be your best friends when tackling that. Looks like you've got your work cut out. Personally, I'd start at the battery and work your way out.

i know i need to. Im just wondering which wires were added to the original

ones. let me try to trace each one hopefully i will make some progress and clean this mess up.