The Breakfast Club

GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Film Discussion Thread:
The Breakfast Club :hai:

Director: John Hughes

Starring: Teens! And Judd Nelson hitting on Molly Ringwald

Plot:
John Hughes exposes typical high school teen stereotypes like a racist talks about Obama. The principal Richard Vernon is not the "good guy", but rather an antagonist that unwittingly helps spark the fire for this films real message about being anti-establishment. Or something like that. It's been a while since I've seen this.

Trailer: :thumbsup:

Movie: :)

Notably, several members of this cast also went on to star in "St. Elmo's Fire" that came out later in 85'.

Feel free to discuss anything related to the movie, including high school life, other John Hughes films, the soundtrack, or some of the rising/declining careers of the actors/actresses of this film.

Regards,
-Grey

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    This movie is great. A classic. Kinda gay, but defined a generation.
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)

This song which was hugely popular upon release for the movie, was actually turned down by several big name artists in the 80's before Simple Minds picked it up. Cy Curnin from The Fixx, Bryan Ferry and Billy Idol all turned it down, though Billy Idol would later cover it.

Regards,
    -Grey
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Loved this movie when I was actually in HS. However, as more and more years pass, I'm able to connect with the characters and their strife less and less. Thus, I enjoy the movie somewhat less.

Still pretty damn good, regardless.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    it was always bee a classic film. I love emilio

estevez in this film. good pick :thumbsup: