How to Get Modded on Totse.info

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Help and Suggestions
In the past year, we made mods based on contributions. As we enter the second phase of our development things will need to be changed. It seems that you can't mod everyone and not every contributor becomes a good mod.
So, there will be many variables that will be checked before someone gets modded.

I should add, every mod is a regular by default. That means they're allowed to bitch and go after anyone without consequences. If you can't handle the heat on totse.info or if you don't have a thick armour. Don't bother. We don't carter to cry babies. If someone bitches at you, you're allowed to bitch back as a user.
  • Contributions: If you want to mod some section or place, you must be active in it and contribute as much as possible.
  • Respect: Normally we don't care if the mod is liked or hated but this is going to change. You must have some level of respect in the community. When I respect, I meant as a user. We don't care if you hate the Admin or current mods. But the community must like you as a user.
  • Dedication: We want mods who want to build sections and make Totse.info something better. We don't want mods who just like controlling people. As a mod you MUST, make sure your section is active and is fed with information from time to time, also it would be best if you contribute throughout the website.
  • Experience: We prefer users with clean slates but if you experience in some field, like if you work in the Army and have combat Xp and you want to help the community you may have a better chance of becoming a mod, but you must at least ace the other points.
  • Honesty: This is the most important aspect. I want mods who are honest about things and not some cock sucking idiots. Don't lie to us and the users.
  • Responsible: We will look how much you're responsible. As a mod you have access to users information. You're NEVER I mean NEVER allowed to leak that out. If caught you will be removed and banned from the community. DO NOT DO IT.

How to get your name in.
PM me and ask about it or contribute enough that users will support you. Normally just asking for modship would get you kicked from the list. But this a free community. If you think you can ace the above, give us a call.

After selection what happens next?
You're given on week notice to contribute more and show yourself as a potential mod. You're then promoted to Demi Mod status. In this you have complete control over your section but you can't ban users. You will see The Demi-Mod section in which you can ask the mods questions or seek help. Asking Global Mods for help is better and you can PM me any time anyway.

Demi-Mod what's next?
After a week or maybe two weeks, based on your performance. A thread will be created in M&A. I will ask mods to discuss your performance. Once they approve, you will be welcomed in M&A and you will become a full mod. After that just do what you were doing before.

Removal

A moderator can be removed at any time. But he will be given a fair warning. Those who got de-modded can get remodded if they work hard.
  • Inactive for over two weeks without notice will get you de-moded to Demi-Mod status, if you aren't active or don't contribute you will be de-modded.
  • Abuse of power: If you ban users without reason, try to limit FoS by altering posts. You will be removed but before that you will be given a chance to correct yourself.
  • Posting PI of Totse.info Users: No contest, you're out.
  • Deleting Threads and Content of Users: No Contest, You're out.
  • Snitching Totsean: You're out.
  • Causing Drama or Harming the Community by your actions: A warning will be given and a community poll will be made, based on your past performance you might be de-modded to Demi-Mod status, if you still don't improve. You will be removed.

PM Send:
It would be nice to state the reasons and provide some proof which can be used against a mod.

Who decides the removal?
The Admins do, but it's the community job to highlight abuse. Making a B&M thread would be a good start, Pm'ing Global Mod would be the next step and finally just PM me.

Are these rules guidelines/rules final?
Nope, they will change with time as we learn new things and gain more experience. Feel free to suggest or discuss things.

TeamSpeak / Skype

It's Mandatory to be there or have a chat with us if you want to get modded.

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    PM sent*

:thumbsup:

I'll give ya 10 minutes to take an appropriate action.

brb gonna get some cake. :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    PM sent*

:thumbsup:

I'll give ya 10 minutes to take an appropriate action.

brb gonna get some cake. :D

Received and the thread updated.
    :facepalm:
  • edited September 2014
    There is limited evidence for <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/forskolin-supplement-review">top forskolin supplement review</a> successful. <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/how-to-take-forskolin-for-weight-loss">myforskolinfree.com</a&gt; it in your daily <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/forskolin-topical">myforskolinfree.com</a&gt; money. <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/forskohlii-coleus">myforskolinfree.com get forskohlii coleus</a> As a result it <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/forskolin-studies">myforskolinfree.com</a&gt; salad for glukos dalam darah bagi individu <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/buy-forskolin">buy forskolin myforskolinfree.com</a> not test human subjects, ketones are believed to produce <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/coleus-forskholii">coleus forskholii from myforskolinfree.com</a> solution might be <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/forskolin-side-effects-weight-loss">forskolin side effects weight loss myforskolinfree.com</a> the prouduct. <a href="http://www.myforskolinfree.com/effects-of-forskolin">myforskolinfree.com effects of forskolin</a> this hormone is found to be lo .
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Cracking thread :thumbsup:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I was pretty surprised when I got modded, to be honest. So like it though as I lubb the &T feel, and want to keep that nostalgia living - as well as doing my job when needed :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    burroughs wrote: »
    If there is ever a homosexual specific sub-forum, I think I am the most qualified.

Smoothies anyone?

B&M.

:hai:
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Spurious G.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    BungHole wrote: »
    Steal peoples dox and personal info, start forum drama on better boards and in general be a failure at life:

http://imgur.com/a/ch1jU#UwaAS

so let's see, from the start, your mods and admins have been doxing members, both here and on zoklet. not zoklet mods. members. just to harass and blackmail them. the plan from the start has been to be annoying little shitheels and drag members down to get them over here. (who they're gathering information on and posting on a public URL zokiet.net, which is owned by katzenklavier).

This was all done under the codename "operation shitstorm" along with several other ops, such as fagging up their avatars to make zoklet look bad to new users, posting spurious "why was xxx banned" threads intended to villify any mod who attempted to get in the way and cause drama, shit storm threads created regarding every action, post or decision made by the admins, also attempting to undermine the user bases confidence in the administration, using the protocol that " if people hear something often enough they will begin to believe it"

At the same time behind the scenes here they were fighting about the exact same things they were causing on zoklet. The trolls vs the conservatives who want a decent conversation, discussing banning Daguru, TDR, and spectroll.

We've been watching your M&A the entire time, thanks for the lulz. Glad to see you finally caught up and demodded this account. So i'll go ahead and burn it. It's not like we don't have others. So there it is, this precious bastion of freedom was built upon lies and disinfo, for the single goal of stroking a few trolls e-peens. congratulations.

Holy shit they know everything. You're a class A moron. The operations where started because the community wanted them. They were ended when the new rules in place. According to the community rule it's not allowed to post PI on totse.info. The threads you refer to were created back in 2010.
    Plus, everything was revised anyway.

Have fun playing with the past and kindly gtfo now :) oh and enjoy your Z Xp HAHAHAHAH.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    This is a nice thread I would love to become a mod here i know it wont be any time soon i plan on being here for a very long time

people dont bother me when they flame ect i believe it helps in the long run.
    ive been with my home site for over 3 years now modding almost every day (even with being a carny for almost a year i still checked in every week and helped,
    There i went thrw the staff fast i became mod with in the first month supermod in 3 months and in about 7 months cadmin 8 months full admin

I know it wont be that fast here and will take a long time but im willing to wait
    and help the community achieve greater things
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Just tell Dfg how much you like to fuck animals and he'll make you an Admin...
    But yeah, just contribute and don't be retarded. I realise how subjective that is, but contribute, guide other - new - users and make the odd Paki noise.
  • edited August 2011
    I think you'll have to learn how to use punctuation first ;)
    edited August 2011
    well it used to be a lot worse just search pyronatas in any totse archive.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Update: TS or Skype is required to get modded. I won't mod anyone until I talk to them on these platforms first.
    edited August 2011
    ill keep this in mind
  • edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Update: TS or Skype is required to get modded. I won't mod anyone until I talk to them on these platforms first.

And for anyone who's saying that "teamspeak is shit" or that "it doesn't work" is lying out of their asses. Unless you have some serious problems (such as using a Dial Up connection or something) then you are fully capable of running Teamspeak or Skype. They're both available on Windows, Linux, Mac and even Android.

The way the staff sees it, if you can't be bothered to speak to someone for an hour then you definitely can't be bothered to moderate on Totse. We also can't be bothered to make you a mod.

/serious Trx moment
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    If you can't get TeamSpeak to work you are too retarded to mod.
  • edited August 2011
    Arent there only 9 people on this site?

Nah im joking - its good that theres some focus on governance.

But alas, as i have had a perpetual dislike for career politicans i cannot devote myself to a moderator role.

Anonymous mod maybe - but when people have a tag stuck on their name its a game changer.
    edited August 2011

But alas, as i have had a perpetual dislike for career politicans i cannot devote myself to a moderator role.

Anonymous mod maybe - but when people have a tag stuck on their name its a game changer.

Sorry to hear you are unable to separate responsibility from personality otherwise you might make a goo addition to the team.
  • edited August 2011
    separate responsibility from personality

Integrity means sometimes not separating the two, action born from either will contribute to the definition of that man.

Those who seek power are the most likely to abuse it - and the ones who deserve it are the least likely to use it.

Being a mod is a gamechanger. Some people will be less likely to call you on bullshit, many many more will call you out needlessly for no reason.
    Once that tag is next to your name there is a difference - i might be a good addition to the team, but what would be lost?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Integrity means sometimes not separating the two, action born from either will contribute to the definition of that man.

Those who seek power are the most likely to abuse it - and the ones who deserve it are the least likely to use it.

Being a mod is a gamechanger. Some people will be less likely to call you on bullshit, many many more will call you out needlessly for no reason.
    Once that tag is next to your name there is a difference - i might be a good addition to the team, but what would be lost?

Why do you sound like someone I know from before. Hey, come on TeamSpeak and you can talk to me directly and we can just discuss things.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011

We are all anon mods, I see no tags by any mods name.
  • edited August 2011
    Why do you sound like someone I know from before. Hey, come on TeamSpeak and you can talk to me directly and we can just discuss things.

I aint done got no TeamSpeak.

Send me a PM - i'll work on getting skype soon.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011

lord.dfg <---- Skype

for TS you just need to download the client and connect. It's just simple.
    edited August 2011

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

teamspeak3_logo.png

windows_logo.png

Windows

Client 32-bit 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Client 64-bit 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Server 32-bit 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Server 64-bit 3.0.0
    Mirror:

mac_logo.png

Mac OS X

Client 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Server 3.0.0
    Mirror:

linux_logo.png

Linux

Client amd64 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Client x86 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Server amd64 3.0.0
    Mirror:

Server x86 3.0.0
    Mirror:

ios_logo.png

iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad)

Client 3.0.0
    Mirror:

android_logo.png

Android

Client 3.0.0-beta
    Mirror:

• edited August 2011
    Downloading the client wont help if i dont have a mic....

And i dont.

Im on an acer aspire laptop from 2007 that ive kept up to speed by upgrading some shit - but i havent got a camera or headset. I keep things spartan and mobile.
    edited August 2011

And i dont.

Im on an acer aspire laptop from 2007 that ive kept up to speed by upgrading some shit - but i havent got a camera or headset. I keep things spartan and mobile.

Really, then why would you bother with Skype?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011

And i dont.

Are you shitting me?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Uhh Dude I have an Acer Aspire One netbook, that's no excuse.
    edited August 2011
    so hows the mod picking thing coming along
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011

It's an on going process.
    edited August 2011

Picking mods is like picking any other fruit, you have to wait until they are ripe enough. Unfortunately a few in the first bunch were rotten and a few more were spoiled by environmental hazards.
    edited August 2011
    thats the best way iv ever seen that put
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
  • edited September 2011
    Are you shitting me?

I have a fantastic set up in my office and i can do most of my things from there - and i got my iphone as well that does plenty of stuff; i havent really had a need to invest in a new laptop so i havent - especially since my phone does most tasks now.
    edited September 2011
    I have a fantastic set up in my office and i can do most of my things from there - and i got my iphone as well that does plenty of stuff; i havent really had a need to invest in a new laptop so i havent - especially since my phone does most tasks now.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teamspeak/id453827888
  • edited September 2011
    With regards to Teamspeak on mobile devices - I signed in last night when I was on my Android and I was actually amazed at the sound quality. I have no idea how good my mic sounded but the quality of everyone else was great. Too bad my WiFi connection sucked so I was dropped, but I'm still dead impressed.
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    With regards to Teamspeak on mobile devices - I signed in last night when I was on my Android and I was actually amazed at the sound quality. I have no idea how good my mic sounded but the quality of everyone else was great. Too bad my WiFi connection sucked so I was dropped, but I'm still dead impressed.

The audio quality was probably at least 90% of what I hear from you on a daily basis.
  • edited September 2011
    I aint paying 4.99 for something thats free on my computer.
    edited September 2011
    I aint paying 4.99 for something thats free on my computer.

Says the guy who supposedly owns an Iphone.
  • edited September 2011
    And you think I paid retail for that?

No way.

And theres heapsa free apps.