Strange Number Sequence

DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hey, someone I know had this taped to their garage door. Does this number sequence mean anything to anyone? 1-5 are in Chiller font but the 6 is in handwriting...Any inferences would be nice.

24qidti.jpg

Comments

• ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited April 2011
    Looks like fun with a stamp
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like someone wrote out 12345 using a computer, then someone came along and wrote a number 6 to be funny.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited April 2011
    Could be one of your friends trying to mess with your head..

Or just someone from here stalking you dunno then again it could be none of the above and someone just stuck it to your garage randomly.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited April 2011
    Looks like a little kid counting to 5 with arts and crafts. Then some dumbass wrote a 6 on it. :facepalm:
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Someone figured out my password
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I think it is someone practicing calligraphy :)
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Let's do a bit of analysis.

The 1 and 4 are the only numbers right side up, so we can assume there is a direct meaning behind those symbols. The 1s are shaped into both a claw and an M. Perhaps that has meaning to someone. In Chinese, 4 is a very unlucky number because it sounds almost exactly like the word for 'die.' There are two 4s close together, so perhaps two deaths will occur close together.

The 2 and 3 are arranged perpendicular to each other. The cross Jesus was nailed on had two perpendicular planks, and the cross is another symbol of death. There are three of each number, one for Jesus, and two for the other men crucified with him. I will explain the significance of 2 and 3 in a bit.

5 is the number in the largest font and also the only printed number that stands alone. We can take this to be the month, and 23 will be the day as 2 and 3 are linked. Something may happen on May 23.

Now we know what and when, but where? Let's look at the 6. It has an X shape over it. This X looks like a crossroads, so we can take the 6 to be a street number. 6th street or avenue or whatever else is in your area. Of course the street is long, so we need to narrow it down. It is the only number that is written, so look for a writing or arts shop on 6th.

Good luck.

Edit: Wrote May 25 instead of 23, fixed now.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited April 2011
    I could tell you what it means, but then I'd have to kill you.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Let's do a bit of analysis.

The 1 and 4 are the only numbers right side up, so we can assume there is a direct meaning behind those symbols. The 1s are shaped into both a claw and an M. Perhaps that has meaning to someone. In Chinese, 4 is a very unlucky number because it sounds almost exactly like the word for 'die.' There are two 4s close together, so perhaps two deaths will occur close together.

The 2 and 3 are arranged perpendicular to each other. The cross Jesus was nailed on had two perpendicular planks, and the cross is another symbol of death. There are three of each number, one for Jesus, and two for the other men crucified with him. I will explain the significance of 2 and 3 in a bit.

5 is the number in the largest font and also the only printed number that stands alone. We can take this to be the month, and 23 will be the day as 2 and 3 are linked. Something may happen on May 25.

Now we know what and when, but where? Let's look at the 6. It has an X shape over it. This X looks like a crossroads, so we can take the 6 to be a street number. 6th street or avenue or whatever else is in your area. Of course the street is long, so we need to narrow it down. It is the only number that is written, so look for a writing or arts shop on 6th.

Good luck.

Whoah, thats deep... Kudos to you though :)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Either

a) Mayberry is playing into the Asian mathematical stereotype

or more likely

b) He's stoned :hai:
  • edited April 2011
    Hmm, the numbers are stencils or printed, the edges are too consistent to be brushwork, except possibly the 5 and obviously the 6. It might have been found on a door, and the slight tear in the upper right corner supports the premise that it was removed from a door, and then placed somewhere else to be photographed. I am stumped on the dials, a dishwasher?, clothes dryer?, de humidifier(this is my best guess).

3x1=3
    3x2=6
    3x3=9
    2x4=8
    1x5=5
    no 6
    so 3985 mean anything to you, maybe 3/9/85? someones birthday? or maybe it is additive, the total is 31, nope, subtract 6=25. Ring any bells? The only ones that aren't prime are 4 and 6, fuck, getting silly now. The 6 seems deliberately misdrawn, maybe it is supposed to be something else.

C/O
    "if the devil is six, then god is seven"
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    I think it's just teenagers playing pranks.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    that is the shittiest sorriest prank i have ever seen
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    Fixed.

Thanks. I can't believe I didn't catch that :facepalm: