Rorta's down

thewandererthewanderer Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Rorta has been down for 3 days now. There's speculation that the site was shutdown but nothing's been confirmed yet.

This could be important because Rorta had hosted content that was similar to ours. We should pay close attention to the events as they unfold.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Interesting... They weren't really very active, do you think they might have just shut the site down because of running costs or something?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Interesting... They weren't really very active, do you think they might have just shut the site down because of running costs or something?

There was still plenty of quality discussion going on and the site went down without warning. It's possible but I think it's unlikely.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll get in touch with a few people and see if they can give me some information on what happened :thumbsup:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    We should poach their members.
  • edited April 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    We should poach their members.

It's worth a shot, although I dunno where Rorta fags hang out. I have an idea for a thread though... :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    It's mostly due to hosting issues. We have seen that page many times in the past.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    They didn't pay the bill. :facepalm:
    Th0r wrote:
    Hello World. As you can see we're down. No worries, we just haven't paid the bill. Expect the site to be back up in a few days.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    They didn't pay the bill. :facepalm:

Ahahah, this happened to us as well.

*Bows down to Vineman*
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited April 2011
    The fuck is Rorta? Was it ever as big as Totse back in the day because the only other site i heard about like totse was Bombshock.

Bombshock is pretty much gone now too. It keeps redirecting me to commercial websites and shit. I actually found bombshock before I found totse. That was a few years ago now, haha. I remember seeing a message from Xplosive of whatever his name was, giving a not-so-polite farewell to totse:rolleyes:
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    It's mostly due to hosting issues. We have seen that page many times in the past.

Who's "we"? JEFF HUNTER had totse on PRIVATE servers.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Who's "we"? JEFF HUNTER had totse on PRIVATE servers.
    This site is we, we used to be hosted on a shitty server. Now we have Vineman's server.

^That