Turned my ex into a lesbian

OsirisOsiris Acolyte
edited May 2011 in Life
I don't understand how this works. We had a pretty good relationship, definitely the best long term one that I have had, she was fairly smart and we were actually friends. I didn't just put up with her to have sex, I actually enjoyed her company.

Anyways, now she is a lesbian and I don't understand how that works. I feel like it is a fraudulent identity but of course if you tell a lesbian that, they think you are trying to manipulate/take control of them or some bullshit like that. How can you just change from straight to lesbian when you are 18 years old? Her being a lesbian doesn't bother me, but now she is obsessed with the stupidest pop culture bullshit. The last time I talked to her she would not shut the fuck up about lady gaga. I hate pop culture, I hate lady gaga, I hate all the stupid fucking glee greys anatomy bullshit television, I don't even have to watch to know I hate it and every disillusioned motherfucker that watches it. This girl used to be cool, and now I feel like she is buying in to this wannabe celebrity feminist high class ball chopping social click.

I'm all for lesbians, but I am very against people like lady gaga who use this niche to promote themselves and social darwinism.

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    It was her hunger for cock (the one she never got from you) that fucked her up.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    It was her hunger for cock (the one she never got from you) that fucked her up.

You are cock hungry.

And if that were the case she would be a whore, not a lesbian.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    she was so hungry that it went away

you know when u want a pizza but then u forget about it and settle for chinese?

well chinese = pussy
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Does that make Kim Sung Ill the clitoris?
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited April 2011
    She probably slowly discovered over the years that she's a lesbian, and the moment she dumped you was the moment she felt strong enough about herself and her sexuality to come out to you.

By the way, that doesn't mean she didn't care for you or your relationship was a hollow shell, otherwise she wouldn't have stayed with you, it just means she realised she didn't actually love you.

The culture thing, that'll probably settle in a while. She used to think she likes men, now she's discovered she's gay. She'll probably re-evaluate all her other preferences and likes and dislikes. Some of it will stick, some of it will go back to the old. Give her some time and - if you can do that, emotionally - be a friend to her when she needs one.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited April 2011
    OP, I think that's awesome. Could you hook me up with her? Please date more women and turn them into lesbians. The world needs more lesbians.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited April 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    The world needs more hot, cool and smart lesbians.

Fixed.

I have standards.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Fixed.

I have standards.

woah :eek:

ur a lesbo?
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    haha this happened to a guy I once messed around with. His Ex left him and soon went on to liking the vagina. Honestly though, I think its more of a experimental thing that was already on their mind. Dude dont stress over it she is just trying something new and will more than likely go back to liking the penis.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Give it a bit of time before putting on a permanent label. There's several possibilities at the moment:

1. She's actually a lesbian.
    2. She's bisexual.
    3. She's just trying to insult you.
    4. She's looking for attention.
    5. She's just trying to cope post-breakup.
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Give it a bit of time before putting on a permanent label. There's several possibilities at the moment:

1. She's actually a lesbian.
    2. She's bisexual.
    3. She's just trying to insult you.
    4. She's looking for attention.
    5. She's just trying to cope post-breakup.

pretty much this.

If she's really a lesbian, she didn't get 'turned' into one... It's not like she's a vampire or sumthing... It means she always was one. Alternatively she could be bisexual, or straight and just confused or trying to broaden her horizons.

On a related note, a buddy of mine worked with a guy whose friends called him the "dyke-maker", because every serious relationship he was in ended up with the girl hungry for vahjayjay... Hopefully this post wasn't too redundant.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    I'm not really stressed about the girl, its just the sudden change of attitude that fucks with me, our friendship is not the same anymore. I am already giving her space and I don't really want her back anyways.

I just don't connect with lesbians. I will make lesbian jokes, make fun of myself, offer an amusing anecdote, and I can't even get a smile. What does it take to amuse a lesbian?

Of course she didn't love me, I am impossible.

Nick, you are a dumb son of a bitch.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited April 2011
    every 18 year old girl does this. grow up. it has nothing to do with you and its a stupid phase every girl this age goes through. or shes probably fucking dudes left and right, this was just an easy way to let you down
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited May 2011
    Box wrote: »
    woah :eek:

ur a lesbo?

As it says in my profile.
    Osiris wrote: »
    What does it take to amuse a lesbian?

Haha, depends on the girl. But usually, the more you focus on her being gay, the less she'll be amused. The problem is you think you need to do something different to connect with a lesbian than with a straight woman, while we're actually regular people. Some of us are bitches, some are cool, some are frigid, some are whores. Treat us like normal people, for christ's sake, and we'll act like normal people. Liking women is just one small part of who I am, and when people can't quit focussing on that small part in everything they say to me I get annoyed real quick.

About the lost friendship thing: How many couples break up and actually stay good friends without major changes in their relationship? None, in my experience. A lot pretend they're still best friends while they are actually both very uncomfortable when near each other, while the rest just openly doesn't get along anymore. Has nothing to do with wether she's a lesbo or not, it's just the natural result when an intimate relationship ends.

tl/dr: You feel your ex has become a completely different person since the breakup and you don't connect anymore. Open your eyes and take a good look at the world you're living in, dude, most breakups end like that. Move on.