Director:
Adam Marcus

Cast:
Kane Hodder
Naked Chick #1, #2, & #3.
Badass Black Bounty Hunter
Cameo by Freddy Krueger

Blah, blah, blahs:
The first from the newly purchased New Line Cinema line, and commercially sold as the last "Friday the 13th" (We've heard that before!), clearly promised at the end (Spoiler alert!) we'd get more new films. Specifically (Spoiler alert!) Freddy vs Jason, which wouldn't happen for more than a decade, and would mostly be a pile of crap. This is a great film in the Friday series though, that lead to the idea of much promise in the future of the Friday series. However, Paramount bought back Friday and put out a pretty good remake. This film was greatly notable for not having "Jason" in it as much as we're now accustomed to seeing him. AKA, an indestructible zombie. Instead, we get a way scary story of him jumping body to body, via oral rape with his black heart. Better yet, said previous victims don't have much time to do much, as they wither and melt into a pile of goo.

Some cool special items also appear in this film. Notable the Voorhess house, which we've never seen. The house is old and in bad shape, but still contains the Necronomicon, which explains Jason's return from the dead, and the wanton folly of his mother.

Trailer:

Movie:

Feel free to discuss any of the Friday the 13th movies and your favorite from the series, as well as worst. Mine would have to be "Part 6: Jason Lives!" and worst would have to be "Part 3: Jason Disco 3D".

Bonuses for today:
Music:

Regards,
-Grey

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
    My least favorite Friday the 13th film. too much bs
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I always found that one of the big draws for various 80's slasher movies was the building mythology. Sure, we find out so much about the 'legend' of the killer in the first movie, but the sequels, no matter how crappy usually added something relevant to that building story. Problem is, over time it gets bogged down by the same BS surrounding it. I always felt 'Jason Goes to Hell' remained true to building and adding to his mythology. Which isn't anything I can say for 'Jason Takes Manhatten' (Friday pt.VIII). Part VII he fights a psychic chick, which was pretty pointless to Jason's story if we don't assume the psychic girl's abusive dad wasn't maybe Tommy from the three previous films. Wiki says he's someone else entirely, and thus he basically means nothing to us in the long run.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
    Christ, I just like to pretend part 8 didn't happen