Hold up, IP address issue!

Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and click the button to see who's currently online. Next to each username is an IP address :thumbsdown: Sure, it's not being logged, but it's still being read and displayed.

Is this changeable?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Only Mods/GMod/Admins can see them. You're A Global Mod/Editor. Regulars or anyone from outside can't see them.
  • edited May 2011
    But isn't this an issue? What if a fed was amongst us, and was promoted to a mod status? He'd be able to see all the IP's and wouldn't need anyone to hand over any information.

I dunno. Overkill paranoia?
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    trx100 has got a valid point, maybe IP's should only be seen by DFG?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Hmm. I will research this, I am sure it can be done. [wait I remember something]
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Didn't find a way to remove IPs at the moment. So, I disabled it in the interest of the users safety.
  • edited May 2011
    Cool. Hopefully you can sort something out which will stop them from being displayed. I don't really click on that users online button too much but it's occasionally cool to know who's online and what they're up to :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Cool. Hopefully you can sort something out which will stop them from being displayed. I don't really click on that users online button too much but it's occasionally cool to STALK PEOPLE!

:eek::eek::eek:

Vbulletin wasn't build to be completely anonymous :)
    edited May 2011
    Thats cool dude. I think that anonymity is a major positive to advertising this site to be honest, as I think its great for members to feel secure. Personally I couldnt care less, as I never do anything illegal, but its just another one of the things which make Totse.info the best forum board online.
  • edited May 2011
    Thats cool dude. I think that anonymity is a major positive to advertising this site to be honest, as I think its great for members to feel secure. Personally I couldnt care less, as I never do anything illegal, but its just another one of the things which make Totse.info the best forum board online.

I never do anything illegal either, but I just love that feeling of security :) I also enjoy being paranoid, which might seem a little weird but it also makes me feel a whole lot safer both online and IRL. If Totse became pretty anonymous, that would be great.
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I never do anything illegal either, but I just love that feeling of security :) I also enjoy being paranoid, which might seem a little weird but it also makes me feel a whole lot safer both online and IRL. If Totse became pretty anonymous, that would be great.

I know what you mean, and you mirror my thoughts :) I like researching illegal things like explosives, and even though Im not actually putting it into practise, its comforting to know that nobody knows im doing it. And nobody knows who the real me is except on totse and I like that kept anonymous as well :P
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I temporarily disabled it. It's a useful feature. We just need to filter mods better for now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Who is enabled, try viewing it right now. Ony Global Mods and Admins can see IPs now.

Gmods and Admins are the most trusted users here and are selected based on their performance and dedication and value to this community.