Night-Ops Esque Training

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited July 2011 in Life
What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you?

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited May 2011
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    parkour

This. Release your inner ninja.
  • edited May 2011
    Practice jumping. For the upper body, do push ups and pull ups with various hand arrangements, and if you can, muscle ups (for dat dere fence-jumping ability). Do a lot of core work; google core exercises and pick a few that you like.
  • edited May 2011
    If you're wanting to do things during the day, definitely work on your upper body strength as well as leg strength. You'll do a lot of climbing during ops which is where the upper body comes in, and you'll also need to drop down or jump over things silently which requires leg strength. Basically, get nice and fit and strong :thumbsup:

When you really want to get started, go out at night for a basic bit of training. Practice things like climbing buildings and walls silently, practice walking quietly and other things.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited May 2011
    Lots of leg streches, a little jumping, and breathing exercises so that I calm myself down and don't get pissed when my pants snag on the fence.
  • edited May 2011
    Make sure you don't fuck your knee up like I did when I got back into Night Ops :facepalm:

It looks really fucking cool out there now - dark, extremely windy and a little rain. Perfect conditions.
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    Do a lot of rock-climbing, specifically Bouldering.
    Great for balance,explosive power,general upper body strength and keeping your power/weight ratio positive.

For general fitness, running and swimming.
    They compliment each other perfectly.Good to be fit for some 'worst case scenarios' but more importantly, they will help to keep your bulk down.

Seeing as security companies presume that gravity is the biggest deterrent to would-be trespassers,keeping your bulk down will help you give the finger to said fundamental force.

Fuck yeah, physics.:cool:

Fitness and finesse.The knowledge of what should be done and the strength to execute it.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Sex does burn calories, you are correct. Great contribution!
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited July 2011
    What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you? What do I do? I was thinking mostly running, and some upper body stuff just for climbing. Sound good to you?fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[this post is not spam according to Dfg, it is a valid post and a great contribution, no rules of Dfg were broken by making this post]
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    ^^^
    What the fuck? :confused:
    edited July 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    ^^^
    What the fuck? :confused:
    shut up fag

*pacino would be pleased*
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    shut up fag

*pacino would be pleased*

k.:facepalm:
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    paintball.
    edited July 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    k.:facepalm:
    :fap:
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    Plometrics, Upper body training, lots of pull-ups. Some Yoga may be beneficial.