Back|Track 5 Revolution

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited June 2011 in Tech & Games
Anyone tried the stable version yet?
I was hoping for a review on it before downloading. 1.9g orly? it's supposedly based on 10.04 which is better than 10.10 and the piece of shit after that. :o
5char:thumbsup:!

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    lol, Dragonball Z Revolution.
  • edited May 2011
    I haven't actually used it yet but I really have been meaning to download it and get to grips with it. I'll probably give it a shot very soon, so if I do then I'll give you my verdict :thumbsup:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    I finally downloaded the KDE version of this, partitioned my drive & installed it next to bodhi.
    Seems reasonably cool so far but yet to really test this shit out. Will add to the thread as I ride the BT5 wave.
  • edited June 2011
    Awesome. I went with GNOME instead of KDE just because I've been using GNOME on Ubuntu for a long while now. It looks awesome, and performs equally well. I definitely like it a lot more than the previous installment of Backtrack, that's for sure :)
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I definitely like it a lot more than the previous installment of Backtrack, that's for sure :)
    qft! :cool:
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    ya know, i've never gotten into backtrack. Do you guys install it on a hard-disk or use a liveCD/USB?

I can understand its usefulness and purpose but i'm the type of guy who likes to install individual packages as needed. TBO the amount of utilities it ships with overwhelms me. The best thing about it is the pre-patched kernel modules it comes with. Those can be fustrating to do manually.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ I've got mine installed onto my hard disk, but that's only because I'm using it on a spare laptop which I wouldn't be using for anything else. I say that if you have the hard drive space to install it then you might as well. The additional speed is definitely worth it. However, I'd quite like to have it on a flash drive too so that I can use it when I'm out and about.

Once you get past the fact that there are a lot of tools on there which you might never use, it's a pretty cool OS to play about with.
    edited June 2011
    Set it the way I like it, load other shit you want, then Remastersys it. Throw that .iso onto a usb.

I was using it on a partition but I had issues with my xorg config with both OS's