I am thinking of transforming my car to

NIKOLASNIKOLAS New Arrival
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
work with gas along with unleaded fuel. It is possible and not very expensive either, with 35 euros I will have 500 km with gas and if I go for a trip and there is no gas station, I can always switch to unleaded mode and use it as such, how do you find the idea ?

ps

It is in the right thread right ?:)

Today I had gone the car for service and I learned that I can do that lol, just imagine gas and regular fuel will raise the autonomy of the car to almost 1000 km's...lol...

costs everything about 1600 euros actually.

I only do approximetly 10.000 km's a year so it will take a couple of years to start actually saving from that transformation ...

Am 50\50 for the time being.

Comments

• NIKOLASNIKOLAS New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    But the fuel prices will go up eventually , year by year that is for sure..so ...maybe I will start saving money in less than 2 years from my investion.

Right ?

lol...don't know...the car that I own now I have it 10 years almost and have done 70000 km's
  • NIKOLASNIKOLAS New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    It's not like I have the money to invest to such transformation...and taking under consideration that every job here where I live is under the possibility of losing it...aka you are fired..hahhahaha....don't know...I just like to think ahead of my time actually.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Converting to dual fuel is a bad idea. LPG was only cheap in the first place to get people to convert - once X many people converted, the low cost of the fuel was bumped up and so was tax, which will continue.

Buy an old diesel and run it on veg oil if you want cheap fuel.

And some one move this to gearheads.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Converting to dual fuel is a bad idea. LPG was only cheap in the first place to get people to convert - once X many people converted, the low cost of the fuel was bumped up and so was tax, which will continue.

Buy an old diesel and run it on veg oil if you want cheap fuel.

And some one move this to gearheads.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: