CMS Indexing

edited June 2011 in Help and Suggestions
How often is the CMS crawled by Google, and does Google crawl and index it any differently to the forums? The reason I ask is because upon searching Google for various guides/how-to's, I often come across more forum articles rather than ones in the CMS.

Just wondering if the CMS is indexed any differently to the forums, and if there's anything we can do to boost the crawling of the CMS.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    How often is the CMS crawled by Google, and does Google crawl and index it any differently to the forums? The reason I ask is because upon searching Google for various guides/how-to's, I often come across more forum articles rather than ones in the CMS.

Just wondering if the CMS is indexed any differently to the forums, and if there's anything we can do to boost the crawling of the CMS.

Could be due to SEO or other issues. I increased the crawl rate. According to sitemap we have 300 links on CMS. Forums should rank higher mainly because of the content freshness.
  • edited June 2011
    That's cool. Will increasing the crawl rate have any effect, d'ya think? Also, is there anything else we can do other than promote content and keep things rolling in?