Rockstar Games and The PC.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well is THIS a failed abortion if I've ever seen it.

Rockstar are balls on the PC. They can't optimize for shit. People are 'shocked' that L.A Noire isn't hitting the PC. These people have clearly never played GTA IV on the PC. I love the game, it's great, but the absolute fuckup of an optimization job on GTA IV made me sick. I remember trx trying to play it. He has more than enough specs to get most games going, and he couldn't even run a game from 2007/2008. Aswell as most of my friends who didn't spend over £/$1000 on their PCs.

"Rockstars Geronimo Barrera admitted that a PC port is complicated and a variety of PC configurations of players around the world mountains tons of errors"

So hey, Rockstar. Learn to optimize your fucking games, and you'll get more than half of your cash from PC alone.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Actually if you remember, I patched the game and fiddled with the settings a little bit and managed to make it run smoothly in the end. I had to turn the shadows off though, they were a killer :mad:

I agree though, they've got some pretty intense games out on the market. Some of the mods you can get for GTA are absolutely incredible, making it look like real life I swear. You need insane hardware to run it though.

PS, I'm one of the upset people who doesn't get to play LA Noire on PC! :D
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Actually if you remember, I patched the game and fiddled with the settings a little bit and managed to make it run smoothly in the end. I had to turn the shadows off though, they were a killer :mad:

But you shouldn't have had to do that. Your tower is enough to run most games at their peak. Suddenly Rockstar come along and think "hey, just copy and paste dese files into da pc ones. all done!"

Rockstar make me mad :mad: