Making the forums easier to spot

edited June 2011 in Help and Suggestions
This is a matter which has been pressed upon a few times in the past, but I still think it's relevant to say that the link to the forum is a little disguised. I mean that it doesn't really stand out at all amongst the other links, and our front page doesn't really do a lot to push for users to come and visit the forum. I think we should do something about it, changing the color of the button, making it bigger, or basically anything.

Ideas?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Hmm, fuck, 12:34 AM power will go out around 1 AM. ITT: Post ideas and I will implement them.
  • edited June 2011
    To be honest, I can't really think of anything other than changing the color of the link. That might look a little odd though, although that would probably be a good thing. Perhaps we can include another link somewhere, encouraging people to "join our forums!" or something. Maybe at the top somewhere, replicating on each page/article. I dunno.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    To be honest, I can't really think of anything other than changing the color of the link. That might look a little odd though, although that would probably be a good thing. Perhaps we can include another link somewhere, encouraging people to "join our forums!" or something. Maybe at the top somewhere, replicating on each page/article. I dunno.

Why not add a h3 after the first Amendment?
  • edited June 2011
    Give it a shot, let's see how it looks. I'm still not sure though, it seems a little redundant to have two links to close to each other. Hmm! Problem.

Try changing the existing link color to red or something and see what that looks like?
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited June 2011
    ^ this makes the most sense to me. I agree something should be done to make it easier to find the forums. That is imo our best bet.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    That looks much better! I'm also slapping myself for not actually thinking about that section of the screen :facepalm: Good suggestion dude.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    ^Cache issue.