Dual/Triple Display Using Two GPU's (Onboard/ PEG / PCI) Simultaneously [Published]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Tech & Games
I am using an Nvida 8500GT, due to overheating the DVI port wouldn't work correctly. The GPU has two display paths and one of them has an internal malfunction because of which I can't get the color Red to display. Basically it outputs BG instead of RGB.

Today while trying to fix Hard Disk issue I decided try something simple. I went into my Integrated Perpherical settings and under Video I selected Always on.
3.jpg

I am using Intel 965 Express Chipset and a PCI-Express Graphic card. Enabling always on will fire up both the chipsets.

After that just connect monitors and fire up Windows 7. Once booted Windows will start installing Graphic drivers.

Then goto Screen Resolution,
1.jpg
Press Detect and then set the primary display.
2.jpg

After that click on Extend These Displays and you're done.

4.jpg

You may have issues configuring things but if you're facing the same shitty problem as me, this is an ideal solution. Not all motherboards support this.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I just connected another monitor.

I am using Triple Display motherfuckers.

3screens.jpg
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    tripleview.jpg

If you think about it, I just saved tons of money. To use a Triple display system I would need AMD 5000 Series or Nvidia 400x series but just using my old hardware I got a perfect solution for free. The gaming isn't that bad and plus I get more productivity.

WIN for me.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    i'm only running 2 displays atm, i want to buy an extra display at some stage
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, this makes me really want to set up my second display again that I've just kept isolated in my closet for the past two years. Each summer I say I'm going to try it again and then decide it just annoys me. I've heard it takes a little while to get used to, maybe my desks angle just makes it horrible. I hate the drag a screen and drop it thing, kills my hand. I wish Microsoft would have much better built in multi-monitor support. I think there are programs out there that cost like $50 that allow you to configure almost everything possible for multi-monitor displays.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Man, this makes me really want to set up my second display again that I've just kept isolated in my closet for the past two years. Each summer I say I'm going to try it again and then decide it just annoys me. I've heard it takes a little while to get used to, maybe my desks angle just makes it horrible. I hate the drag a screen and drop it thing, kills my hand. I wish Microsoft would have much better built in multi-monitor support. I think there are programs out there that cost like $50 that allow you to configure almost everything possible for multi-monitor displays.

Actually Windows 7 does a pretty bang up job already. Dual Monitor is a must if you're using Adobe softwares.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Nice one DFG. I'm about ready to attempt this, comes in handy when working with my DAW.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Nice one DFG. I'm about ready to attempt this, comes in handy when working with my DAW.

If you need any help or support, you know where to find me.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    Taken from: Technophiliacs & Technophiles