Technology needs more traffic.

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
Technology needs more traffic. So i propose we recruit people. Find old totse members that were active in this forum, and tell them about Totse.info!

This applies to all the tech forums, not just T&T.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Do what I would do, If I was modding T&T.
    A) Posts tons of guides. From assembling a system to How to Radio guides. Just go fucking mad. Once you start posting like hell other users will find some interesting topic and join in. Also, whatever you post just digg or stumble it.
    B) Go into different IRC networks and join the help channel or any tech channel and then start linking them to your various guides when someone mentions of this and that.

Do this for now.

You need to add content, do it solo or ask someone to help but you have to lay the foundation. I will help as much as I can but you need to step it up. Google for common questions and compile some answers about them.

Like:
    How to check if your PSU is dead?
  • edited July 2010
    That's actually a pretty awesome idea. Posting guides, and then Digging them. Let's do it!
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Do what I would do, If I was modding T&T.
    A) Posts tons of guides. From assembling a system to How to Radio guides. Just go fucking mad. Once you start posting like hell other users will find some interesting topic and join in. Also, whatever you post just digg or stumble it.
    B) Go into different IRC networks and join the help channel or any tech channel and then start linking them to your various guides when someone mentions of this and that.

Do this for now.

You need to add content, do it solo or ask someone to help but you have to lay the foundation. I will help as much as I can but you need to step it up. Google for common questions and compile some answers about them.

Like:
    How to check if your PSU is dead?

No.

It's getting tiresome reading copyandpasta guides/articles roaming all over the internet. Be creative, write your own guides problems you've faced and fixed. Totse isn't tech-oriented, sure it shares its limited knowledge but we don't want to give people the wrong impression it's a tech forum. Even though it might attract users, we don't need an influx of geeks resourcing to totse as google.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    No.

It's getting tiresome reading copyandpasta guides/articles roaming all over the internet. Be creative, write your own guides problems you've faced and fixed. Totse isn't tech-oriented, sure it shares its limited knowledge but we don't want to give people the wrong impression it's a tech forum. Even though it might attract users, we don't need an influx of geeks resourcing to totse as google.

I write my own guides but I was just giving pointers to the OP. My PSU died today and got it fixed. So, I wrote how I found out it was busted.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I write my own guides but I was just giving pointers to the OP. My PSU died today and got it fixed. So, I wrote how I found out it was busted.

:thumbs up:

My bad, I thought you were referring to stripping guides off sites and pasting them here. That's just not cool.