Good job

13»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    We haven't done anything yet (at least not to my knowledge) but we did discuss it, yeah. We're not going to just do random things which people suggest, don't you worry.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Why are you guys just doing whatever these guys suggest in a bitching thread? Somone just pops up and says cut your moderator team by 14 and you start making plans to do it? WTF? Mabye it is a good idea but how about having the guy make his own thread about it and the reasons for it?

It's called feedback, I am sensitive to it. If someone says something they might have a valid viewpoint, ignoring it will eventually get us in trouble. So, when I say this idea and I made up a plan and proposed it to the mods. They liked some aspects of it but didn't go along with others. I don't just go ahead and do things unless I am sure myself that it will be beneficial and even then mods and users have the veto power. Would you prefer Coklet type approach?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You need to reduce the numbers by twelve at least.
    Dfg wrote: »
    It's called feedback, I am sensitive to it. If someone says something they might have a valid viewpoint, ignoring it will eventually get us in trouble. So, when I say this idea and I made up a plan and proposed it to the mods. They liked some aspects of it but didn't go along with others. I don't just go ahead and do things unless I am sure myself that it will be beneficial and even then mods and users have the veto power. Would you prefer Coklet type approach?

So if I presented the option of reducing the numbers by 12 at the least, and they liked some of the idea, but not all of it they must want to reduce the number by 12 or they must want to reduce the number by more than 12.

Why put it to the mods anyway? I am sure back in the day you said any big decisions would be put to the community. Do only mods count as the community? Maybe you have already created and ran a poll open to the general members on this site and I did not see it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Why are you guys just doing whatever these guys suggest in a bitching thread? Somone just pops up and says cut your moderator team by 14 and you start making plans to do it? WTF? Mabye it is a good idea but how about having the guy make his own thread about it and the reasons for it?

QFT
    edited July 2011
    QFT

Its an honest fact he has brought up - I would be a little thoughtful at least of the site changed on little more than a whim. However, I do believe this is not the first time I have brought this up.

The only possible negative this could introduce is the drop in posting / articles from members whos only real motivation for writing was being a mod. It is neither to be given as a privilege or a reward. I would personally see it as a positive if members whos main motivation to contribute was to obtain or maintain a moderatorship were dropped as mods. I am sure you agree.
  • edited July 2011
    I would personally see it as a positive if members whos main motivation to contribute was to obtain or maintain a moderatorship were dropped as mods. I am sure you agree.

I agree to that, but I don't think we have any of those people here. Personally I'll contribute as much as I can whether I'm staff or not, just because its fun, helps the site, and can help me learn more about the subject in hand as well :D
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I agree to that, but I don't think we have any of those people here. Personally I'll contribute as much as I can whether I'm staff or not, just because its fun, helps the site, and can help me learn more about the subject in hand as well :D

You have said so earier in this thread, it is a good thing you put the site before a modship. Do any other mods want to come out and say the same, that they would be willing to be demodded and yet maintain the same level of commitment to contributing in threads / text files etcetera? If you would you like to justify why you put your own postion and why it is imperative to the site survival that you hold it?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    ^That can be said of any mod on any board. No one person is essential to anything. You are trying to make a point and I hope that is it. Otherwise you are simply challenging people for the sake of challenging them.
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2011
    How many times did SpecGuru blow you to post this?

umm..they were the tumor in that metaphor.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    BungHole wrote: »
    umm..they were the tumor in that metaphor.

STFU snitch.
  • edited July 2011
    Bunghola was basically telling us to get rid of the people causing trouble here, he wasn't siding with Spectral or whoever.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    Thats not what I was talking about.