CMS Content Submission Page

edited July 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I think we should make more of an effort to increase CMS accessibility to people wanting to submit content. Why should they have to be logged into the forum in order to submit something? I think we should add a page in which has a content form on it, allowing people to write a guide which can be fully formatted using the same BBCode as the forum uses.This shoots an email off to the editors containing the content, who then can hit a few buttons and add the content into the CMS.

I was going to suggest allowing people to directly add things to the database, but that could face potential misuse and other downsides. This method is both simple and effective and will give us another accessibility boost :)

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    All they have to do is PM me or post the thread directly to CMS central. It seems that burroughs is the only user that ever requests stuff to go to the CMS though.

Edit: Otherwise, I just browse the forums at my leisure and add stuff as I see it. Requests do get articles posted faster.
  • edited July 2011
    Both of those things require you to sign up to the forum though. I was thinking about people who might not want to go through the trouble of signing up just to get something posted.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    I've always thought we needed something like this. I may have mentioned in passing a few times.

On some of my sites i have cgimail setup. I'd imagine this would be ideal for a cms. I remember this is how old totse did it and zoklet also has this setup.

http://web.mit.edu/wwwdev/cgiemail/

^^^
    check out the example page.

EDIT: Actually 'google forms' would be better for this as it's dead simple and better protected against spam attacks.
    https://docs.google.com/templates?type=forms

OTOH, the stuff submitted here help with forum traffic.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Duh, YOU COULD HAVE ASKED FOR THIS EARLIER. I think Drupal supports this already, I just need to play with permissions and allow users to add content.
  • edited July 2011
    Awesome, get on it Dfg. I'm trying to think of other ways we can make this place more accessible.